General Mafia General Chat

@novaselinenever @Dragomir or @AL sama I have a vague memory.

Didn't someone have this super overpowered role on OJ, and there was a hidden mechanic that none of the abilities worked. :choppawhat:
Hahaha that's too cruel, couldn't be me. There was a weeb role that thought they were Mafia and had all these crazy gained abilities, but they didn't work exactly the same because the role was actually Town. Was based on a submission character that boasted about being evil and cruel, when all they did were good deeds accidentally. Maybe that.

What you're describing sounds like the fake town leader Drago of old days lmao, but wasn't on OJ.
[Passive - Town Leader] - As the recognized Town Leader, Dragomir has taken the responsibility to guide his fellow townies through these difficult times. As such, his vote power counts as 3.

[Passive - Towniest Townie to ever Town] - Dragomir is undoubtedly Town. He's immune to lynches, and as long as he's alive all investigations by Town players will always return correct results. No one can fool the towniest townie.

[Active - Lock Town] - Dragomir is an extremely proficient Town Hunter, and as the Towniest Townie to Ever Town, he can easily recognize his fellow Townies. Each night, he may target a player of his choice and lock them Town, protecting them against any and all actions targeting them that night.

[Active - Hmm, I don't like this lynch] - Enough said. If Town Leader Dragomir doesn't like where a lynch is headed, he may activate this ability and redirect the lynch to a target of his choice. [2-shots]

---------------

[HIDDEN][Passive - False Hero] - All of Dragomir's titles are self-proclaimed. None of his abilities work, he isn't the hero Town needs nor wants.

Zemmi

GodMommie
Hahaha that's too cruel, couldn't be me. There was a weeb role that thought they were Mafia and had all these crazy gained abilities, but they didn't work exactly the same because the role was actually Town. Was based on a submission character that boasted about being evil and cruel, when all they did were good deeds accidentally. Maybe that.

What you're describing sounds like the fake town leader Drago of old days lmao, but wasn't on OJ.
[HIDDEN][Passive - False Hero] - All of Dragomir's titles are self-proclaimed. None of his abilities work, he isn't the hero Town needs nor wants.

Yes this is exactly the one I remembered reading :gokulaugh:

There has been so many games I don't remember where or when, I just remember reading a passive like that.

D

Dragomir

@AL sama @Dragomir

In role madness, what's the normal amount of abilities town / Indie / Mafia / Cult have?
There is no specific number of abilities to follow. It would depend on each role and how complex you'd like the setup to be. Since this is gonna be your first hosting game, I advise you to look at the Tokyo Ghoul setup by Noctis as a reference. The roles are simple and easy to understand. They're not convoluted and overwhelming. It allows for an easy game for you to host. That's what's important to consider when going into your first game. Do not try to go all-out in making a heavy setup that will cause you a lot of stress to manage. If you do that, the chances that the game will crash and burn will skyrocket. In short, don't do this:
Ugh that's so lame, I wanna give each player like 6 abilities
Bad idea.