General Mafia General Chat

Hello everyone, let's talk about our first-ever mafia game. What alignment were you? How did the game go? What made you want to sign up? Any funny little stories you got of it?
ah it was the cat game, i was town lookout(?) or invest, it wasn’t the best first time experience since i was just confused af and im still confused in mafia games to this day :milaugh:

i just remember losing tbh, i just signed up because i was curious about these threads have 2000+ posts lol

didn’t have any funny stories since i don’t really remember it that much but i have funny stories from the games after it :suresure:

On OJ, I was there for one piece spoilers then I noticed mafia, decided to join, I can barley remember the theme, it was about some comic stuff hosted by Rot
I had no idea what anything was about like literally, I just signed up. I was a masonic (roleblocker?) my mason was a guy called Meliodas (anyone knows what happened with him btw?) he was a survivor I was town, we shared a QT.
So, me a guy who knows no shit whatsoever about what’s going on and there’s people like Dante text walling all over the thread, and arguing over and over about some weird stuff; I had to annoy the shit out of my Mason and host, I asked precisely 628494738289 questions. I won though :laughmoji:

Lololol.
My 1st game was back in 2017 after my hiatus in OJ. It was a game hosted by Shion and the theme was some gurly anime called Daragonpapa. I rolled SK and I like wtf? First game and it was some villainy shit. I had to read a bunch of stuff about it before the game started and fashion my fake claim.

Night one results came in and I was told that I was controlled. So that confirmed the witch and it was @Xlaw . Salah was killed by me. During D1, I remember asking on the thread about the mechanics and @AL sama said "why so rude?". I swear I wanted to kill him next phase but I was again controlled and landed on a trap by Neotretro.

I decided to join to re-engage to the forum since the old folks I knew were all gone. Also, mafia at the time was something I was really curious about.

Last edited:

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Hello everyone, let's talk about our first-ever mafia game. What alignment were you? How did the game go? What made you want to sign up? Any funny little stories you got of it?

For me, my first mafia game was Town of Salem back on Oro Jackson. I was the Mafia Janitor. I had no idea what the fuck I was doing. I barely talked to my teammates. Got jailed the first night, my teammates got killed left and right, and the next thing I know I was by myself with only the Witch to fight Town with. Fortunately for me, the Witch was a great player and even though I didn't know who they were, they knew me. I got jailed again, thought I was done, but the Witch saved me. Next day phase, I'm like "oh, shit, I'm alive!" so I start bragging about victory in the thread, but then I'm like "oh, shit, I probably shouldn't have said that", so I edited my post and went back into hiding. Witch proceeds to body the rest of Town and then we won the game, whoo! I honestly couldn't tell you how we won. Didn't know what the hell was going on the entire time. Made like 6 posts max the whole game. I just knew to lie to the Jailor about my role the first time he jailed me.

My motivation for playing was that I wanted a high post count on the forum. Don't think I was doing a good job at accomplishing that goal by making only 6 posts.

Now, what about you guys?

I played ALs newbie game on OJ, I was Son Goku a cop and I think we won? I dont remember anything clearly. I also think I got shot lol

I played ALs newbie game on OJ, I was Son Goku a cop and I think we won? I dont remember anything clearly. I also think I got shot lol
We didn't win. Some Gohan was trigger happy and mafia consist vets like Odd and Salah. Lolololol.

Plus it's hillaruous that all townies fucked each other all game long but that's made all of us learn the game well moving forward.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One

For me, my first mafia game was Town of Salem back on Oro Jackson. I was the Mafia Janitor. I had no idea what the fuck I was doing. I barely talked to my teammates. Got jailed the first night, my teammates got killed left and right, and the next thing I know I was by myself with only the Witch to fight Town with. Fortunately for me, the Witch was a great player and even though I didn't know who they were, they knew me. I got jailed again, thought I was done, but the Witch saved me. Next day phase, I'm like "oh, shit, I'm alive!" so I start bragging about victory in the thread, but then I'm like "oh, shit, I probably shouldn't have said that", so I edited my post and went back into hiding. Witch proceeds to body the rest of Town and then we won the game, whoo! I honestly couldn't tell you how we won. Didn't know what the hell was going on the entire time. Made like 6 posts max the whole game. I just knew to lie to the Jailor about my role the first time he jailed me.

My motivation for playing was that I wanted a high post count on the forum. Don't think I was doing a good job at accomplishing that goal by making only 6 posts.

ToS game.

Don't remember what happened as I still don't understand that mode.

It's hazy.

Lost as a third party i think.

Elaborate as to why you're policy lynched all the time?.
For the memes.
no particular reason.
It was like w/e
then I got perma banned from there and returned in 2020.

My first game back was a role madness by Aries.
Back in 2010 we only had vanilla games so this was new.
I sorta got banned (again) so couldn't play it.
Got lynched by odd odd fruit I think whilst banned.

Then I signed up to another role madness game.
Huge game.
Got banned so I got modkilled.

Then I signed up to another role madness by Aries.
Smash bros.
I posted my role in the thread and got modkilled.
Then I got banned.
I returned as a sub.
I was mafia this time and Jigglypuff.

Monster mafia
Made Bakugou role and roleplayed Bakugou heavily, yelled and cursed. Outted myself to be Bakugou pretty easily bcs of it, then spammed explosions on a ghost 90% of the game.

Still was funny to roleplay Bakugou

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
On OJ, I was there for one piece spoilers then I noticed mafia, decided to join, I can barley remember the theme, it was about some comic stuff hosted by Rot
I had no idea what anything was about like literally, I just signed up. I was a masonic (roleblocker?) my mason was a guy called Meliodas (anyone knows what happened with him btw?) he was a survivor I was town, we shared a QT.
So, me a guy who knows no shit whatsoever about what’s going on and there’s people like Dante text walling all over the thread, and arguing over and over about some weird stuff; I had to annoy the shit out of my Mason and host, I asked precisely 628494738289 questions. I won though :laughmoji:
Who were you on OJ? That game would have been one of Rot's Schlock Mercenary games, probably the one with Town Lynchpins (and Dante didn't text wall in that one, it was probably Plake and I u_u)

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!

Mmmm...

Well in all reality, my first ever game of mafia was Werewolf, but also it was in the flesh. It was in the setting of a council meeting, or rather not in the meeting itself, but it was like a meeting that spanned several days because it was linked to an event. But anyway that's not so important.

I don't remember all the details from that one, since it was really casual and it was meant as a game for everyone. Super fun, but I think I was town most of the time, I have a faint recalling that I was the werewolf at least once as well. It was mostly people asking "what did you do last night? I heard some weird sounds coming from your house", and basically just roleplayed the entire time. It was really funny in that setting.

But my first ever introduction to Mafia on forums must've been the Monster Mafia on OJ, don't remember who the host was, but I played as The Rower from Naruto, basically a makeshift protector/ busser or some shit, I don't quite remember.
What I do remember was that we were limited in what source materials we could choose our characters from which I was like a bit dissatisfied with, but I decided to choose one of the most obscure ass characters I could think of.
I also hardly remember anything at all about the game itself, but I'm pretty sure I was town(?)

Though I only played MM back then, and I got into ToS on steam sometime after and that's where I have my background from, really.

That was a Crash Bandicoot game. I stood alive for a few phases. I was almost totally unaware of what Mafia would seriously entail complexively but I funnily recall that I didn't do too bad.