Emil

Certified Memelord
not eating like 3 hrs b4 sleeping
not looking at an electronic screen like 1-2 hrs b4 sleeping
wearing comfy clothes during sleeping, or barely none at all
sleeping early
sleeping in a quiet place with no light

apparently lack of these is why we dont dream

This brings a thought to my head that I heard many years ago. Basically our minds can't create something new. We always modify or adopt from what we've experienced or seen before.

The reason people always wake up/stop dreaming before they die is because we don't know what lies beyond death and therefore the mind can't create the feeling of death.

It's happened to me a few times where I'm falling from a high place and right before I touch down, I wake up.
About brain creating something new

I once dreamt a girl, most beautiful you can imagine, one if you would see IRL you would never forget

I remember her eyes, voice, face lines, all!

But i am 150% sure i never saw a woman like that in my life

I would know if i did.

D

Dragomir

Damn, y'all out here talking about getting impaled and paralyzed in water as dreams. The wildest dream I had was when I impregnated a girl once. Shit was crazy, man. I woke up trippin'. I was shaking the covers on the bed as if the girl was next to me and I was like "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE PREGNANT?!! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?! WHAT ARE YOU GONNA TELL YOUR PARENTS?!? WHAT AM I GONNA TELL MY PARENTS?!?!!"

I was 16 at the time.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Guilty of this I guess lol. Depends on the day.

Ah I think this is because of the blue light that our screens emit. Basically that blue light prevents us from sleeping by stopping the production of melatonin. Don't know how it affects dreams, though.

Forget while sleeping, I always wear trackpants / sweatpants at home and feel comfy lol.

Definitely guilty of this.

Oh I got one more. Apparently sleeping in a warm place increases your chances of having good dreams.

About brain creating something new

I once dreamt a girl, most beautiful you can imagine, one if you would see IRL you would never forget

I remember her eyes, voice, face lines, all!

But i am 150% sure i never saw a woman like that in my life

I would know if i did.
Likely a recreation of many faces you've seen before. Or maybe someone you don't remember consciously.

Anyway, not sure about any of this btw. Forgive me, I'm just an internet weirdo.

Damn, y'all out here talking about getting impaled and paralyzed in water as dreams. The wildest dream I had was when I impregnated a girl once. Shit was crazy, man. I woke up trippin'. I was shaking the covers on the bed as if the girl was next to me and I was like "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE PREGNANT?!! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?! WHAT ARE YOU GONNA TELL YOUR PARENTS?!? WHAT AM I GONNA TELL MY PARENTS?!?!!"

I was 16 at the time.
:usoprice: A normal dream for that age

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
sleeping early

apparently lack of these is why we dont dream
I do the opposite of that lol

I eat like 2h before sleeping

Watch something right before sleeping.

Sleep late.

Clothes is whatever.

The place is quiet though but because i sleep late I get sunlight a bit when sleeping.

I was 16 at the time.
That's not even a nightmare lol. Though I guess it would be a shock for a 16 y o teenager.

Mashiro Blue

If you could go to a fantasy world with magic, different races and all that jazz but could never return to this world ever again and never see your friends again, would you do it?

Here is the weirdest dream i ever had.

Now many of you are maybe too young to remember this fella

But if you look at top right there is a wolf

That wolf scared the shit out of me as a kid

I once dreamt that wolf chasig me, and catching me, i woke up screaming

I was 24 when i had that dream...

Mashiro Blue

Guilty of this I guess lol. Depends on the day.

Ah I think this is because of the blue light that our screens emit. Basically that blue light prevents us from sleeping by stopping the production of melatonin. Don't know how it affects dreams, though.

Forget while sleeping, I always wear trackpants / sweatpants at home and feel comfy lol.

Definitely guilty of this.

Oh I got one more. Apparently sleeping in a warm place increases your chances of having good dreams.

Likely a recreation of many faces you've seen before. Or maybe someone you don't remember consciously.

Anyway, not sure about any of this btw. Forgive me, I'm just an internet weirdo.
I read about this before.

Basically you should be relaxed and follow the flow of nature.

The body digests slower at night than during the day and we should wake up at sunrise too. Basically respect the biology of your body like animals do.

D

Dragomir

If you could go to a fantasy world with magic, different races and all that jazz but could never return to this world ever again and never see your friends again, would you do it?
You talking about an isekai? I wouldn't. I have goals in the real world that I'm dedicating my life to and I'd rather die than not accomplish them. Also, after watching Re:ZERO, that isekai life can trip you up mentally.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Not being able to come back would suck. I love my family and friends and I have so many things I want to do here.

Another possibility would be bringing that world into ours so that everyone would be able to experience magic, new people / races and more.

I once dreamt that wolf chasig me, and catching me, i woke up screaming
Were you little red riding hood?

On a serious note... I don't have anything else to say about this.

You talking about an isekai? I wouldn't. I have goals in the real world that I'm dedicating my life to and I'd rather die than not accomplish them. Also, after watching Re:ZERO, that isekai life can trip you up mentally.
I personally believe Isekai is a predatory type of manga/webtoon that targets depresed people and their wish of escaping reality/giving up

Not being able to come back would suck. I love my family and friends and I have so many things I want to do here.

Another possibility would be bringing that world into ours so that everyone would be able to experience magic, new people / races and more.

Were you little red riding hood?

On a serious note... I don't have anything else to say about this.
Like GATE, basically. They can visit anytime.

Lindltaylor

There's no "Tina!"
Re:ZERO :whitepress:

Subaru just sucks as a character lmao. I just can't like him. He's always whining, crying and just annoying.

Also, justice for Rem.