General Mafia General Chat

Emil

Certified Memelord
this name is prob the best we got in awhile. keep it lol

now lets change the poll xd

maybe to smth like: what is ur fav game size?

under 10 players
10-15 players
16-20 players
21-25 players
26-30 players
over 30 players

can allow up to 2 choices maybe

Rhea

Cattitude
Imagine when about to Hosting a game need to play any games before you start Hosting it.....

Even if you already had experience with 20, 30 or 100 games.....

I am okay if it was me, I am just some silly annoying users that cant even play properly.
I am not worthy to Hosting any games.

But others vets when have some idea for Hosting and don't have times to play then later they cant Hosting it because bla bla blaaa, its the bla blaa, you need bla blaa blaaaa..............

Its not fair at all.

Sorry @Nana I made a promise that I couldn't keep. Truly really sorry

EDITED :
- Hey, I want to Host a game.
- Sure, you need to play before Hosting.
- Umm okay, but I dont have times. I just want to create some fun games in my mind.
- Idc, just go find some Sign Ups thread and join it.
- Uhhuh, kay.

A moment later.
- Yoo Hi there. I am already play, so can I Hosting?
- No you cant.
- Why? :(
- You get lynched on D0, and you have low post on game thread. Join next game and be active.
- B-But... I told you I dont have times. I create games and I have something to do IRL.
- Do I look like I care? Finish your set up and go play some games.
- Kay...

And... A moment, very moment later.
- You get lynched again and seems like you are not fully aware for the game you have played.
- Yeah, I was playing while I create set up and also I train my Trex IRL then fix my space ship.
- So how about the set up?
- Its finished, yaayyy~! I am ready to Host on next week.
- No you cant, others already give the set up and they already well played in games. So you will Host your game in the next 3 months. And yeah ofc you need to keep playing a games before that happen.
- K, *Leave the Earth and going to Mars*

Last edited:

Emil

Certified Memelord
Imagine when about to Hosting a game need to play any games before you start Hosting it.....

I am okay if it was me, I am just some silly annoying users that cant even play properly.

But others vets when have some idea for Hosting and don't have times to play then later they cant Hosting it because bla bla blaaa, its the bla blaa, you need bla blaa blaaaa..............

Its not fair at all.

EDITED :
- Umm okay, but I dont have times. I just want to create some fun games in my mind.
- Uhhuh, kay.

A moment later.
- No you cant.
- You get lynched on D0, and you have low post on game thread. Join next game and be active.
- B-But... I told you I dont have times. I create games and I have something to do IRL.
- Kay...

- You get lynched again and seems like you are not fully aware for the game you have played.
- Yeah, I was playing while I create set up and also I train my Trex IRL then fix my space ship.
- No you cant, others already give the set up and they already well played in games. So you will Host your game in the next 3 months. And yeah ofc you need to keep playing a games before that happen.
dont want to flex but if u sign up to play boys vs girls u can gurantee u r not lynched day 1 and even better i will make sure u r able to host for 2 years straight without playing any other game. its 2 in a 1. u cant get a better deal
s-sign up pls :pepeshy:

AL sama

Red Haired

Its not fair at all.

EDITED :
- Uhhuh, kay.

A moment later.
- No you cant.
- Kay...

lmao what happened??

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
lmao what happened??
I am considering adding a rule where hosts must have participated in games within the past few months to be able to host. The counterpoint I was given was "but what if people don't have time to play", to which I say "hosting takes more time than playing - if you do not have time to play, you certainly do not have time to host". I told Reborn he could message me to discuss this further, that we may work something out - he has not done this.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
I shouldn't really need to address this nonsense, but here we go:
- Uhhuh, kay.
This is the position I offered. Absolutely correct. Except, rather than "IDK", I said "Hosting takes more time than Playing - if "I don't have time to play" is your reason for not playing, then you do not have time to host. It's considerably more effort - as any host will tell you."
A moment later.
- No you cant.
- Kay...

This is complete fiction/fantasy. I have no idea where this comes from, but I have never said anything like this. There is no arbitrary standard one must achieve before they are qualified to host. I do believe that any prospective host should at least have a basic understanding of Mafia to be able to host a fair and balanced game, but that's what co-hosts and coaches are for. To be clear - I have not told anyone "you get lynched a lot so you can't host, you must play more games!", I have not told anyone "other (better) players are ready to host their games, so I'm pushing your game back on a whim", this is not some pyramid scheme designed to get players playing some random number of games before I decide I want them to host, it's 1 (one) game within 2 months of hosting. I am open to negotiation on that 2 months, it could even be 3, and if I'm given a good case for it - 6.

The funny part is, the primary purpose for this is future-proofing, to avoid the problem of having too many hosts and not enough players, while also ensuring everyone has incentive to play games. This is why I told Reborn "we can continue this discussion in private". Instead of doing that, I have this infantile response - which is not exactly convincing me that I'm making the wrong move by instating this. I am not immune to reason. This is not reason. It's a complete fabrication of my position. If your go-to is to lie and mislead instead of trying to work it out with me, then I'm really not phased about the loss of this prospective game at all.

AL sama

Red Haired
I am considering adding a rule where hosts must have participated in games within the past few months to be able to host. The counterpoint I was given was "but what if people don't have time to play", to which I say "hosting takes more time than playing - if you do not have time to play, you certainly do not have time to host". I told Reborn he could message me to discuss this further, that we may work something out - he has not done this.
rather doing that I'd suggest you to stop people from hosting nonstop

hosting without playing doesn't harm anyone so it'd be a pretty meh move to needlessly restrict it

nonstop hosting on the hand takes away chances for other people to host

also if you make a rule like that then someone retired like me for example can't host