General Mafia General Chat

ofcourse she does. wasnt she wrongly pushed to the point she ended up revealing role and getting modkilled

from her PoV it was not enjoyable. its a subjective opinion
This has nothing to do with hosting or the setup. Both were fine. It had to do with me being tilted too much I snapped, also because two of my main pushers who contributed to it were mods who I couldn't even put on ignore. Reason I reestablished my truth tell to avoid such a situation by using it and stop pushes like this.

AL sama

Red Haired
that wasnt the point. fuji is saying we ghosted the game when its simply not true

i agree i was relatively scummy tho. specially hunting indies and all

what u and fuji ignore is we said in the mafia chat that i will be copped so we will bus drive. we also tried to super modify ratchet so his kill works and busdrive is super. i think we missed submitting this action but it ultimately wouldnt matter as we targeted our GF with the kill n1 and the tracker straight up bypasses even super bus drives

there r things sometimes players do by design or can account for. mafia playing a bit scummy in multiball ensures the other team does not shoot them. i did that a bit in weebs as well. also using busdrives to give town a false positive check is always a play mafia makes

give naomi any other role that game and i simply dont get outed. in fact give her a tracker that doesnt bypass everything and i am fine

now did i complain about it... no. why? because SRM. was it enjoyable? also no. why? because i had a correct action that just didnt matter
I clearly don't any point in arguing with you over this so yeah whatever

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Why are we talking about SRM viability and enjoyment value

Basically:

- Empty your load

- Use your OP abilities

- Pray that you don't get hit by any of those OP abilities.

Unless you're an Indie, then you tank it for breakfast like a champ.

SRM games aren't meant to showcase a players skill, they are meant to showcase a hosts creativity. How far can a host take a role while staying true to the Mafia games premise of Town vs Mafia. As soon as peeps figure it out the easier it is to forgive yourself for your performance. When you have played enough SRM games or in my case hosted them for years you start noticing a power creep that only creeps up in these types of games over other types regardless of how balanced the host tries to make it

Though it's a bit ironic, the people who are the first to complain about things being unbalanced and unfair are also the same kind of people who will try to abuse said unbalanced and unfair set up to win without batting an eye lash. I've realized a while back to take things in stride, I make games because I honestly enjoy the theme and liberty it gives me in creating something. If you enjoy my games then I appreciate it and hope you had as much fun playing as I did making the set up. If my games aren't your cup of tea then that's also fine I appreciate you giving it a shot. Live that stress free hosting life style

AL sama

Red Haired
This has nothing to do with hosting or the setup. Both were fine. It had to do with me being tilted too much I snapped, also because two of my main pushers who contributed to it were mods who I couldn't even put on ignore. Reason I reestablished my truth tell to avoid such a situation by using it and stop pushes like this.
me and ratchet??

Emil

Certified Memelord
Playing scummy on purpose is always bad as scum lol. U don't even know what ur dealing with in SRM and there's *always* going to be a counter to certain stuff, don't be complaining if u get countered.
agree yeah. i didnt complain about it. just called it SRM and moved on

it wasnt enjoyable at that moment. but i understood fully what i signed up for so didnt bother discussing it

generally by design, if town has a permanently unstoppable tracker that bypass everything, then mafia needs atleast one passively ninja killer. i dont remember if we had one. dont think we did

all we had to counter the tracker was a bus drive... and even that failed even when we correctly used it

if town has a permanently unstoppable tracker that bypass everything, then mafia needs atleast one passively ninja killer. i dont remember if we had one. dont think we did
No it doesn't need it wtf

Tracker still needs to track MAFIA. Tracker still needs to find out who mafia is and do their job. In most cases trackers end up on dead end

You got caught, simple as that

Emil

Certified Memelord
SRM games aren't meant to showcase a players skill, they are meant to showcase a hosts creativity. How far can a host take a role while staying true to the Mafia games premise of Town vs Mafia. As soon as peeps figure it out the easier it is to forgive yourself for your performance. When you have played enough SRM games or in my case hosted them for years you start noticing a power creep that only creeps up in these types of games over other types regardless of how balanced the host tries to make it

Though it's a bit ironic, the people who are the first to complain about things being unbalanced and unfair are also the same kind of people who will try to abuse said unbalanced and unfair set up to win without batting an eye lash. I've realized a while back to take things in stride, I make games because I honestly enjoy the theme and liberty it gives me in creating something. If you enjoy my games then I appreciate it and hope you had as much fun playing as I did making the set up. If my games aren't your cup of tea then that's also fine I appreciate you giving it a shot. Live that stress free hosting life style
problem is too much focus on creativity over gameplay makes the game a simulation that runs on its own. some players enjoy to have some degree of control over the outcome. SRMs lower player control over the game

Emil

Certified Memelord
No it doesn't need it wtf

Tracker still needs to track MAFIA. Tracker still needs to find out who mafia is and do their job. In most cases trackers end up on dead end

You got caught, simple as that
im glad u arent hosting then if u think an unstoppable tracker that cant be roleblocked, roelcrushed, busdriven, or redirected at night does not need mafia to have a ninja killer in anyway

From what I've seen it feels like everyone is trying to make the same type of SRM game. My types of games have been emulated alot here. In an attempt to one up the previous SRM power creep has kicked in. You can be given a decent to good role and then find out Mafia has either twice as much abilities or abilities that straight up make your role useless.

I can see why people would get turned off by those types of games let alone back to back ones. I have some game set ups in mind that will bring some variety back to these types of SRM games. My Batman game will kickstart this cinematic mafia run. Set up has been finished since Feb. I'm just waiting till April to get it out of queue to begin it
Honestly just cut off the action announcements and I feel like these games would be more chaotic and fit the agenda of what they're meant for. As it stands 90% of SRMs I play actually end up the opposite and we all just sit around twirling our thumbs while everyone does role accounting and mechanical solving. Might as well be playing solitaire.

im glad u arent hosting then if u think an unstoppable tracker that cant be roleblocked, roelcrushed, busdriven, or redirected at night does not need mafia to have a ninja killer in anyway
Fuji literally said few posts back you guys dealt with the tracker

And you act like Tracker will always hit mafia when it clearly won't

Emil

Certified Memelord
Fuji literally said few posts back you guys dealt with the tracker

And you act like Tracker will always hit mafia when it clearly won't
yes we did during the day. u r so clueless lol

we dealt with the tracker AFTER they had revealed

it was a 1 for 1

thats always a net positive for town

fuji made it such that mafia can counter the tracker AFTER they reveal. not before it. we had ZERO counter play to the tracker in the night phase. absolutely none

Emil

Certified Memelord
which is why its a simulation

its designed such that a tracker sacrifice himself to gurantee removing one mafia

that one mafia can do nothing using 5 mafia roles to stop it

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Honestly just cut off the action announcements and I feel like these games would be more chaotic and fit the agenda of what they're meant for. As it stands 90% of SRMs I play actually end up the opposite and we all just sit around twirling our thumbs while everyone does role accounting and mechanical solving. Might as well be playing solitaire.
yeah that's how Oreki and me hosted our earlier rolemadness games that we labled "SRM" when the section used to be smaller

I def wanna go back to that way of hosting

I only did it for hololive and Weebs since both are "special games" for me :laughmoji: