General Mafia General Chat

it not unfair if person died day 1, and came back to play again. there not allowed to talk about there role. that all
No, it's unfair. Mafia went through the lengths to kill a particular person N1, or whatever night - they don't want them back.

Not allowed to talk about the role doesn't matter when the person has pre-knowledge of the game state and roles (plural). Their behavior is not the same as someone who subbed in with a clean slate.

No, it's unfair. Mafia went through the lengths to kill a particular person N1, or whatever night - they don't want them back.

Not allowed to talk about the role doesn't matter when the person has pre-knowledge of the game state and rules. Their behavior is not the same as someone who subbed in with a clean slate.
day 1 kill has knowledge of everyone? unless host told them dead chat, but that usually a big no no. so she only had knowledge about her own role. if she subbed back. i've seen this also back on oj and tb.

and also wg is low on subs as well.

In past mafia games. If I have killed person example Crunchy - perhaps because I feel they've already identified a number of mafia members. Or noticed a relationship going on. The last thing I want is Crunchy to pop back in the game on Day 4. With reads that have not been judged - and then proceed to perhaps me the reason why mafia have lost.

Not allowed to talk about the role doesn't matter when the person has pre-knowledge of the game state and roles (plural). Their behavior is not the same as someone who subbed in with a clean slate.
So you just modkill the inactive slots? What if the inactive is scum? Then scums will complain they didn't get a sub for their team mate. I think not subbing back faction kill targets is alright if they sub for Town, but that's all.

day 1 kill has knowledge of everyone? unless host told them dead chat, but that usually a big no no. so she only had knowledge about her own role. if she subbed back. i've seen this also back on oj and tb.

and also wg is low on subs as well.
Knowledge of the game state, TWO roles (their OG role, and their current role, surely you understand why that could be very bad), history with players who are there. It's like a disease you got rid of returning to haunt you.

I'll rather modkill the slot instead of sub in a dead player with pre-knowledge.

AL sama

Red Haired
Well, it is intentional Angleshooting/OGI... So saying "it's not cheating" or "it's not against forum rules" is... dubious at best. But reading into an out-of-game promise to not do something as mafia is also angleshooting. It's just usually primarily moderated on the single slot, especially when intentional, because that ends up less damaging to game sanctity. Angleshooting all too often spawns more angleshooting.

(Btw, putting other players on ignore is also OGI/angleshooting if you still participate in the same games as them. It's using the forum software in a way that damages the sanctity of the game.)

To take a more obvious example: If I agree in advance with, let's say, Fuji, Ratchet, Rej, and Michelle, that we will work towards being the final five living players irrespective of our alignments, then agree to tie the game once we have the ability to do so (or sub out if unable to tie), then my cabal is no longer playing mafia. Everyone else is playing mafia, while the five of us are destroying the sanctity of the game at the expense of others.

Another example: At the start of a game, I offer $100 USD to each player if they don't vote for me or kill me throughout the game.

Trust tells are not that obviously extreme, but they are in the same style of angleshooting/OGI behaviour. Someone is making an agreement outside of the game to use a certain behaviour or code to essentially quote/screenshot their role PM. Now, there are communities in which that's considered acceptable. In which "Oh, well, it could be fake" or "Oh, well, we don't believe in moderation outside of extreme cases" is used to justify a lot.

%%%

Beyond that, someone regularly being put in a position where they aren't enjoying the game and lose emotional stability is another problem. And there's no practical solution to that problem that doesn't involve active change from multiple people.

While the general nastiness of most of the more memetic and/or aggressive players shouldn't be acceptable in games, there is a degree of freedom that needs to be allowed in terms of players letting off a bit of steam. The game is an escape for many and that should be reflected. But it should not come at a cost to the freedom and enjoyment of others.

%%%

If the community wants either allowance — lax enforcement of anti-angleshooting/anti-OGI rules and/or aggressive behaviour at the cost of accessibility, then cool. You do you. I'm just an old-time player who hangs out on the fringe of this community, ever so often dipping my toes in. It's definitely not my personal preference, or that of the overwhelming majority of global mafia players. It doesn't look like most people here really want either of those situations either. But so it goes.

Most people who fit that description don't actually want to be a mod (usually "any more").
by that logic most things can be considered angle shooting

personally I'll never consider truth tells as angle shooting no matter what anyone says

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Wait, but if she's subbing in to die more than once in the same game... That seems really hard to implement as a host. ;)
Apparently she subbed into a game post mortem and got policed by a vig after using the truth tell. So she died on her second slot. And that was N2 or so. But she is also target of alot of funnel strategies from townies, which make her a popular target for scum to get rid off early.
But that situation caused alot of anger for her, I can see that. But I can also see why players get mad when two truth tells get abused in the same game for the same player. This is most likely a "versus situation". Camp A versus Camp B. And I think there must be more mutual agreement and boundries set between Camp A and Camp B. No matter the size of each camp.

the only time I would support rep back in, like for like. is if a dead VT reps in for another VT. But really when it comes to Power Roles, it does becomes sub-optimal. Although on the hierarchy of things. Reps is like low percentage worry

I mean, it sucks for mafia, that's true. More times than not i just want to kill someone with good reads and them turning from doctor to roleblocker doesn't change much.

But tbh, if it wasn't for that town would lose every bigger game because there's always many inactives. Whenever i see game with 20+ people i assume there will be at least 3 inactives

In past mafia games. If I have killed person example Crunchy - perhaps because I feel they've already identified a number of mafia members. Or noticed a relationship going on. The last thing I want is Crunchy to pop back in the game on Day 4. With reads that have not been judged - and then proceed to perhaps me the reason why mafia have lost.
Yeah, I've also had it happen where we cried blood sweat and tears to kill a role (because of the role AND good player), just to have them pop up the next day with a new role

:pepeke:

I mean, it sucks for mafia, that's true. More times than not i just want to kill someone with good reads and them turning from doctor to roleblocker doesn't change much.

But tbh, if it wasn't for that town would lose every bigger game because there's always many inactives. Whenever i see game with 20+ people i assume there will be at least 3 inactives
Untrue, both town and mafia have an equal percentage of inactives. Only once in a blue moon do you even have a scum team who are all active, and in those cases they usually stomp.

Roles are less important than the actual player, removing someone competent is crucial. The competent person would play well regardless of their abilities.

Untrue, both town and mafia have an equal percentage of inactives. Only once in a blue moon do you even have a scum team who are all active, and in those cases they usually stomp.

Roles are less important than the actual player, removing someone competent is crucial. The competent person would play well regardless of their abilities.
Well, not really equal. There's way more towns, therefore its way more likely that town will get inactives