General Mafia General Chat

Will be

Yessir
I loved it until recently, think serving made me die inside idk
I feel you I left for a few years cause it was absolute torture but I also worked for a couple of shit bosses that turned me off Freon the industry as a whole, then went back to it last year I just recently quit my favorite bartending gig ever cause our chela kept bouncing, very sad day for me cause hrs and money wise was the absolute best so hoping I can find something just as good.

I feel you I left for a few years cause it was absolute torture but I also worked for a couple of shit bosses that turned me off Freon the industry as a whole, then went back to it last year I just recently quit my favorite bartending gig ever cause our chela kept bouncing, very sad day for me cause hrs and money wise was the absolute best so hoping I can find something just as good.
yeah as a bartender I imagine it's quite nice tbh

I'll probably dabble in it some eventually - albeit it's a restaurant bar, there's an unspoken agreement you can't be a drunk delinquent jackass like you would elsewhere. Probably helps loads rather than bartending in an actual bar, maybe

You will find something!
I've been very fortunate my managers and GM are very, highly empathetic. I forget that not everyone is so lucky. I hope you eventuallt come across a compassionate human being behind the manager

yeah as a bartender I imagine it's quite nice tbh

I'll probably dabble in it some eventually - albeit it's a restaurant bar, there's an unspoken agreement you can't be a drunk delinquent jackass like you would elsewhere. Probably helps loads rather than bartending in an actual bar, maybe

You will find something!
I've been very fortunate my managers and GM are very, highly empathetic. I forget that not everyone is so lucky. I hope you eventuallt come across a compassionate human being behind the manager
My last spot was a Marriott boutique hotel and the bar/restaurant was ran through a prestigious rest group we can drink in shift and that’s us as bartender floating as servers and expo and everything in between haha

mad long as we weren’t obvious or drunk we were good.

but I just landed a cool new gig at an agave rooftop bar shittier drinks but higher volume so better money so I can’t complain.

you should bartend it’s the most fun I’ve ever had

I loved it until recently, think serving made me die inside idk
I can still sometimes enjoy serving but I switched from FoH to BoH most of a decade ago and still haven't really hit the goalpost. I'm hoping I can find something more managerial or analytical that doesn't require as much time on the floor but still possibly interacts with customers. Started out in FoH management and done a decent amount of administrative work over the years.

My last spot was a Marriott boutique hotel and the bar/restaurant was ran through a prestigious rest group we can drink in shift and that’s us as bartender floating as servers and expo and everything in between haha

mad long as we weren’t obvious or drunk we were good.

but I just landed a cool new gig at an agave rooftop bar shittier drinks but higher volume so better money so I can’t complain.

you should bartend it’s the most fun I’ve ever had
Damnnnn boy

Make that money, Muugen!