Character Discussion Marco and Jozu are disappointing in comparison

First off whitebeard and roger pirates parallels during their last fight
  1. Captains: roger vs whitebeard
  2. Right hand men: rayleigh vs oden
  3. Apprentices: shanks and buggy vs marco, jozu, and teach
Marco and jozu in comparison to their pirate apprentice counterparts are kinda pretty embarrassing

Shanks and buggy out here becoming emperors. While marco and jozu were never really able to make it big on their own. Neither even having potential for conquerors while buggy having it at this point is definitely possible

Yeah teach was also pirate apprentice along with them but he
ended up betraying whitebeard and the crew as a whole. He does have a similar name, crew format, devil fruit, and will likely end up getting the title as wsm too imo

On the bright side thats barely a bright side at all whitebeard did eventually recruit ace. Someone who had all the potential in the world to surpass him and his legacy but then as we all know :absojustice: happened making sure it never happened

Even in comparison to other top emperor commnders they were never really that special. Lowkey getting carried by hype of oden and ace even teach secretly
Outside of them having really good fruits their mastery over them or their haki has never been highlighted. They're better than king and queen at least but in comparison to the other emperors no. 1 and 2's eh. Marco isn't even a conqueror

I mean WB pirate is pretty much an orphanage center. Most of them is just a bunch of kids WB picked up on the street. Jozu and Marco is not disappointing. Both are relative to king and queen. Jozu deflect mihawk slashed and only get frozen by aokiji distraction happened cause of WB heart attack.

Buggy is Buggy, but Shanks and Teach are meant to be considered special.
One has potential Celestial Dragon/World Government ties, the other a D with a likely Rocks connection.

Whereas Marco and Jozu are just random orphans who ended up growing strong.

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
β€Ž
Marco fights 2 Yonkos, 3 Admirals and 2 Commanders at Once and lives but he is disappointing

STRONGEST RIGHT HAND MAN IN THE VERSE RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Marco was hard-carried by his DF but he's very cool nonetheless.

Isn't it all about being cool?
Being cool doesn't mean they dont fall short in comparison to Rogers apprentices, other emperor commanders, or even other whitebeard pirates

Them being cool is nice but still. They're at least better than their off brand beast pirate counterparts

Being cool doesn't mean they dont fall short in comparison to Rogers apprentices, other emperor commanders, or even other whitebeard pirates

Them being cool is nice but still. They're at least better than their off brand beast pirate counterparts
He's still very useful with his fruit, and he would have probably performed a lot better against a YC1 who doesn't have a lunarian defense.

Also remember Marco is supposed to be a doctor, not a fighter of the crew.

I'm not speaking for Jozu, Jozu hasn't had a chance to show what he's capable of post-TS nor against people on his level in general.

He's still very useful with his fruit, and he would have probably performed a lot better against a YC1 who doesn't have a lunarian defense.

Also remember Marco is supposed to be a doctor, not a fighter of the crew.

I'm not speaking for Jozu, Jozu hasn't had a chance to show what he's capable of post-TS nor against people on his level in general.
Again im not necessarily saying marco or jozu is weak in general. Tho they clearly aren't as relevant or powerful as other characters theyve been compared to
  1. They were apprentices at the same time as shanks, buggy, and teach tho they really don't compare
  2. They were whitebeard pirates along with oden, teach, and ace but again don't really compare
  3. If you compare them to other top emperor commanders outside of the beast pirates they're again inferior
    • Beast pirates again basically being diet versions of the whitebeard pirates
      • Strongest man and pirate whitebeard > strongest creature and pirate after whitebeard died kaido
      • Oden oden > yamato oden
      • Ace > yamato essentially the ace card
      • Whitebeard's right hand marco > kaido's right hand king
      • No. 2 jozu > no. 2 queen
      • Vista > jack
      • Etc. ect
    • The whitebeard pirates are at the very least better than them
Marco and jozu individually are cool and strong yeah but they could have been alot cooler and stronger

Again im not necessarily saying marco or jozu is weak in general. Tho they clearly aren't as relevant or powerful as other characters theyve been compared to
  1. They were apprentices at the same time as shanks, buggy, and teach tho they really don't compare
  2. They were whitebeard pirates along with oden, teach, and ace but again don't really compare
  3. If you compare them to other top emperor commanders outside of the beast pirates they're again inferior
      • Strongest man and pirate whitebeard > strongest creature and pirate after whitebeard died kaido
      • Vista > jack
      • Etc. ect
Marco and jozu individually are cool and strong yeah but they could have been alot cooler and stronger
You're already more "generous" that I am with how you compare the WB Pirates to the Beast Pirates.

Who did you want to compare Marco and Jozu to, then, Shanks and Teach? Obviously they don't compare. They are great for their respective roles and they are well above other people who also were with the WB Pirates since the beginning like Whitey Bay.

You're already more "generous" that I am with how you compare the WB Pirates to the Beast Pirates.

Who did you want to compare Marco and Jozu to, then, Shanks and Teach? Obviously they don't compare. They are great for their respective roles and they are well above other people who also were with the WB Pirates since the beginning like Whitey Bay.
I feel its fair to compare them to fellow and rival pirate apprentices, other emperor commanders, and other whitebeard pirates tbh

If you compare them to og members like the ones they arrived to wano with than yeah I don't think anyone will argue with marco and jozu surpassing all of them

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
β€Ž
      • Vista > jack
      • Etc. ect
It’s not a matter of cooler here

Marco is quite cooler than all the other YC
It has no link to the other stuffs you’re pointing

But about the main topic :

Marco place is a bit between two seats and I think the character itself embodies that completely :

- Marco is fucking strong one of the strongest YC1. For me he is stronger than Kata and King.
- Marco is a doc
- Marco can navigate and draw maps
- Marco is smart
- Marco can lead
- recognized by almost all the big time pirates

You won’t find a lot of better right hands out there. The guy is a genius jack of all trades.

And Marco is super relevant in One piece story. For now he is the most relevant YC1 :

- the guy was part of the 3 biggest wars in modern One piece : Marineford. Payback War, Wano
- He was leading the WBP after WB/Ace death
- he was part of numerous plot lines during the story and I think he likely has the most panel time among YC1
- the one who convinced Ace to join.

So no, Marco is not your random pirate and random YC1. Oda has a special place for Marco inside the story. Marco is gifted with lot of content.

BUT : Marco whole character is meant to not be enough.

Marco is almost what you need but not completely.

Marco has obviously and undeniably less potential than Ace, Oden, Yamato, BB, Shanks etc. Even Kata.

Oden would have been WB right hand if he had stayed. And Ace was meant to be the captain when WB would have died/retired. Marco was never meant to be more than what he was. Has has a cap.

Marco didn’t manage to protect his family, didn’t manage to defeat BB etc.

Marco was never meant to become a top dog.

Marco is a phoenix, everything is falling apart around him and yet he is surviving every time.

It’s a bit the same for all the WBP. They are here to fail, to testify and here to carry / follow the new gen to greatness. WBP are not here to accomplishing anything big by themselves.

It’s not a matter of cooler here

Marco is quite cooler than all the other YC
It has no link to the other stuffs you’re pointing

But about the main topic :

Marco place is a bit between two seats and I think the character itself embodies that completely :

- Marco is fucking strong one of the strongest YC1. For me he is stronger than Kata and King.
- Marco is a doc
- Marco can navigate and draw maps
- Marco is smart
- Marco can lead
- recognized by almost all the big time pirates

You won’t find a lot of better right hands out there. The guy is a genius jack of all trades.

And Marco is super relevant in One piece story. For now he is the most relevant YC1 :

- the guy was part of the 3 biggest wars in modern One piece : Marineford. Payback War, Wano
- He was leading the WBP after WB/Ace death
- he was part of numerous plot lines during the story and I think he likely has the most panel time among YC1
- the one who convinced Ace to join.

So no, Marco is not your random pirate and random YC1. Oda has a special place for Marco inside the story. Marco is gifted with lot of content.

BUT : Marco whole character is meant to not be enough.

Marco is almost what you need but not completely.

Marco has obviously and undeniably less potential than Ace, Oden, Yamato, BB, Shanks etc. Even Kata.

Oden would have been WB right hand if he had stayed. And Ace was meant to be the captain when WB would have died/retired. Marco was never meant to be more than what he was. Has has a cap.

Marco didn’t manage to protect his family, didn’t manage to defeat BB etc.

Marco was never meant to become a top dog.

Marco is a phoenix, everything is falling apart around him and yet he is surviving every time.

It’s a bit the same for all the WBP. They are here to fail, to testify and here to carry / follow the new gen to greatness. WBP are not here to accomplishing anything big by themselves.
Thinking about it marco is probably one of the most versatile emperor commanders yeah. And in his own right he is strong but i do think that the fact he was never supported to be that guy while constantly being put up against or compared to guys that are kinda sucks

Seeing all these guys that just have so much more potential than him even those within the same generation is crazy imo

Thinking about it the fact that he pretty much knows and excepted that fact and still just tries to me the best out there each sitting is commendable. He was never ment to be a top dog and it is what it is i guess.

It does suck how much the whitebeard pirates have been getting fucked tho lol
  1. Teach betrayed them
  2. Tatch died
  3. Ace died
  4. Whitebeard died
  5. They lost at marineford with other characters probably dying too like oars jr
  6. They lost the payback war
  7. Weevil has been hunting the remnants of the whitebeard pirates
  8. Izo died
  9. People wont stop asking marco for help lol
The beast pirates undeniably suck tho
:kuzanshut:

:josad:
WB had it rough

Roger's former rookies became Yonko
Xebec underlings and former rookie became Yonko
WB only had Teach be Yonko while Marco & Jozu could only be YC level and quit piracy