Versus Battle Mereoleona Vermillion VS Yami Sukehiro

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Rosella.Fiamingo

Peerless In History
Mereoleona wins. She has unique portrayal from from Captains. The rest of the captains had to grow stronger same for Yami to be even able to approach her. People mistake having screen time and focus and having a lot of feats for being strong. Vetto straight up put her above Yami.

People only downplay her because she's a female character. And no, that clown Fuegoleon is not on her level. He needed Salamander to close the gap between them. Feugo is straight garbo.

If it is a fight to the death, Yami would win. Black Moon eats up Mereoleona's flames and he oneshots with Death Thrust. Not to mention he has both Mana Zone and Ki, while Mereo only has the former.

If its a friendly sparring, then Mereo has a better chance, although I'm still not sure how she deals with Black Moon.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Yeah I didn't read the newest chapter tbh, but saw some spoilers, and as I had Yami/Mereoleona at the same level prior to it, I have to give it to Mereoleona this time. She's too raw.

Not an easy battle by any means though imo. Yami's a beast too. If she can't put him down quickly and he breaks his limits time after time he can end up winning tbh, but as I said it's fair to give it to Mereo for the time being.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
@Gol D. Roger this is a better place to have this discussion.

Pre TS Mereoleona stomps pre TS Yami my man. The Clover Captains pre TS were on par with the Third Eye in their base form. We saw this when Jack, Nozel, and Charlotte fought on par with the base Third Eye after Yami fought Patri. Then Mereoleona completely demolished 3rd Eye Opened Rhya in an overwhelming fashion.

So Mereoleona was >> Yami pre TS, no debate there.

Post TS Yami gets two new spells that in no way shape or form even help him to catch pre TS Mereo. And then of course post TS Mereo gets arguably the single most hype power up in the entire manga, arguably even above Magic Spirits and Demonic Possession.

It’s just a no contest man, Mereoleona is going to tear Yami to pieces in an overwhelming manner.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One