Speculations Mihawk and Shanks... Who missed out on more?

Did Shanks face Kokuto Yoru?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
A short thread about something that has been going on my mind recently...

We found out from Whitebeard about the legendary duels between Mihawk and Shanks that shook the Grand Line.
However, Mihawk and Shanks havent fought each other in a long, long time.
I dont know if it is confirmed or not but I assume all the way since Shanks lost his arm in East Blue, 12 years before the present timeline...

It's been repeated in the community, among the pro-Shanks or rather anti-Mihawk gang, that Mihawk has never fought a Yonko Shanks.
Today, I am going to counter this with something more reasonable and not copium-fueled.
>Has Shanks ever faced Mihawk with Black Blade? Or only without Black Blade?

Blackened Yoru is the strongest weapon in the world and proof of strongest haki in the verse.
Has Shanks ever stood his ground against Kokuto-fied Mihawk?
Considering they didnt fight in last 12 years, it is very possible that Shanks never had to face Blackened Yoru.
Considering that peak is around 40 years which is around when Haki peaks.

So, Mihawk refusing to fight one-armed has-been could be out of respect, to avoid putting old friend through humiliation that is defeat.
What do yall think?

Imo Zoro vs Zombie Ryuma Answers
Their Fight was basically Mini-WSS Duel

And Two-Sword Style Zoro was Perfectly Equal to Zombie Ryuma
Meaning One-Sword Style is Faster than him, and Three-Sword is Stronger

Imo Zoro is gonna face Mihawk with Two-Swords & They will be Perfectly Matched
Since Mihawk knows that this Style is neither Zoro's Peak Speed or Peak Strength, it will finally push him to reveal his Trump Card

Shanks vs Mihawk were the Same, They were Perfectly Matched and i think They never settled it (Similar to Dorry/Brogy)
But since it was Shanks Fighting at 100%, Mihawk didn't feel the need to show his Trump Card

So Overall, it's Mihawk who was hiding his True Potential, not Shanks

C

CensoredbyWG

Fire fox style.
Read this.
Firefox style
I personally believe this is what Green flames are and we're majorly against King
Basic swordsmanship feat pre ts zoro already casually did
Okay, but HOW? Has oda ever given an actual explanation to how it happens?

Is it haki? Magic? Chakra? Relatsu? Ki? Cursed energy?
Post automatically merged:

Imo Zoro vs Zombie Ryuma Answers
Their Fight was basically Mini-WSS Duel

And Two-Sword Style Zoro was Perfectly Equal to Zombie Ryuma
Meaning One-Sword Style is Faster than him, and Three-Sword is Stronger

Imo Zoro is gonna face Mihawk with Two-Swords & They will be Perfectly Matched
Since Mihawk knows that this Style is neither Zoro's Peak Speed or Peak Strength, it will finally push him to reveal his Trump Card

Shanks vs Mihawk were the Same, They were Perfectly Matched and i think They never settled it (Similar to Dorry/Brogy)
But since it was Shanks Fighting at 100%, Mihawk didn't feel the need to show his Trump Card

So Overall, it's Mihawk who was hiding his True Potential, not Shanks
What happens with yoru? Does zoro break it or start using it?

Highly doubt mihawk dies by Zoro's hands, especially after training him for 2 days + that cover where he wears a strawhat.

I think Oda likes Shanks too much for him to not have fought Mihawk with an already blackend Yoru, but to be real? I might be wrong.

A scenario I COULD see for why Shanks would not know full power Yoru? Would be if the way to turn a blade black is to kill a strong fighter the blade would be happy to kill. Because then it makes more sense that Mihawk might have gotten it after Shanks lost his arm and he seemingly started hunting Marines.

Would neatly answer the question on what happened to the other two Admiral of Garp and Sengokus generation. If Mihawk became WSS after killing the Admiral who used to hold the title before himself? That would also work. But I just do not think Oda can do that to his golden boy if I am real.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
What happens with yoru? Does zoro break it or start using it?
He cuts through Yoru.
It is the greatest achievement of >cutting Everything.

I think Oda likes Shanks too much for him to not have fought Mihawk with an already blackend Yoru, but to be real? I might be wrong.

A scenario I COULD see for why Shanks would not know full power Yoru? Would be if the way to turn a blade black is to kill a strong fighter the blade would be happy to kill. Because then it makes more sense that Mihawk might have gotten it after Shanks lost his arm and he seemingly started hunting Marines.

Would neatly answer the question on what happened to the other two Admiral of Garp and Sengokus generation. If Mihawk became WSS after killing the Admiral who used to hold the title before himself? That would also work. But I just do not think Oda can do that to his golden boy if I am real.
I was backing this up back in Wano, it made sense that Enma becomes black by killing Kaido.
However, I no longer agree with that theory after examining Mihawk's words to Zoro.
>Take your will and surpass this blade.
It literally says that haki is the answer to how to surpass Yoru.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

It's difficult to say when Mihawk forged the black sword because even during Roger's execution, Oda didn't show Mihawk's sword, so we don't know. But considering that Kaido was mentioned as stronger than Roger, Whitebeard, and all the others by King during a time when Roger was alive, I believe that, no, 20 years ago, Kaido was defeating Kouzuki Oden, who returned invincible and triumphant. If he had failed to defeat Kaido, there would be no others. So, I presume that Mihawk's black blade was made between 8 to 10 years ago in the current One Piece timeline.

I think the two strongest individuals 20 years ago were Kaido and Oden, with Whitebeard in his prime commenting and telling Ace not to be arrogant in thinking he could defeat the man whom not even Kouzuki Oden could conquer.

C

CensoredbyWG

He cuts through Yoru.
It is the greatest achievement of >cutting Everything.

I was backing this up back in Wano, it made sense that Enma becomes black by killing Kaido.
However, I no longer agree with that theory after examining Mihawk's words to Zoro.
>Take your will and surpass this blade.
It literally says that haki is the answer to how to surpass Yoru.
In the end, oda will steal the concept of zanpakutous from bleach and apply it on his show using haki hahaha.

Roger literally named his only kid after his sword, Oden used enma ever since he was a kid, WB had his sword for his entire adult life... If oda explains it by ''bond'' between user and weapon it will be a SHIT explanation.

Coa haki by itself seems to basic so it will likely involve something linked to the new power system oda introduced on saturn´s devil circle.