Questions & Mysteries Mihawk is part of the plot, stop calling him Zoro's endgame

Reasons why you should stop saying the only purpose of Mihawk's existence is that he's Zoro's endgame or he's irrelevant now because Oda messed up.

As mentioned about Crocodile's connection with the Revolutionary army (click here for the unawares), I also believe Mihawk is a member of the Revolutionary army working as a mole and was tasked to infiltrate WG to remain informed of their movements like Kuma which explained why Crocodile went after him first and talked about trust like he knew his true identity despite still remaining a mystery character after 1084+ chapters. If the theory is true then it all makes sense why his backstory hasn't been revealed yet and that he doesn't have a crew.

Hint 1 -
No one expected him to show up in the meeting but he still went and goes along saying he's just a "bystander".

Hint 2 -
When Dragon saved Sabo, there is a Revolutionary officer standing behind Dragon with a wide brimmed hat and a sword that stands out like Mihawk's Yoru.

Hint 3-
Kuma saved the Straw Hats from Kizaru and sent them flying to specific location where they can train and improve their skills and they all have connections with the revolutionary army so Kuma seemed to be fully aware of their skills through intel from his associates.

And so, out of all places, he sent Zoro flying to Mihawk's home Kuraigana Island. He did not seem surprised to see Zoro on his island and didn't question him or anything. In fact, he even tried to stop Zoro from leaving the island in his injured state in episode 509. It makes it more convincing that he went into length to train someone who wants to beat him because of Dragon's orders.

Hint 4 -
Kuma always carry a bible with him and Mihawk has a cross pendant. They could communicate with code referring to the bible, and with Kuma's ability, he can just send those message anywhere.

Hint 5 -
Mihawk was the least warlord to be surprised when Sengoku announced the world that Luffy is Dragon's son.

Hint 6 -
Mihawk could have killed Luffy in multiple occasions but he didn't. He didn't want to be seen as suspicious so he fight Luffy for real BUT when he's about to cut his arms, the only possible way to keep his cover intact is to "show" him using his future sight ability instead of stopping.

Hint 7 -
It is widely speculated that Dragon was a former admiral and left after the Ohara incident which happened 2 years after Roger's death.

In Mihawk's vivre card, he was famous during Roger's era so if the admiral theory is true then Dragon was an admiral at that time while Mihawk was chasing marines. Being a marine hunter, Dragon saw that he shared common enemy with him and knows WG’s interest in strong people to be their allies so he recruited and assigned Mihawk to be a mole as the Warlord.

Also, once again, he was famous before the Pirate era and the fact that Reyleigh has a same scar on his eye like Zoro hinted he challenged Mihawk who put him in his place.

Hint 8 -

It may be irrelevant to the story but Dracule Mihawk is based on Vlad Dracul who was a Christian knight that wears a cross and he was a member of the "Order of the Dragon". The leader of the revolutionary army is Dragon so that might be a hint.

Hint 9 -
I always believed there is a connection between Mihawk, Zunisha, Imu and Cavenish's alter ego Hakuba who all have the same 2 ringed eyes.

They seem to have the same ability of projecting thoughts on people's mind with that eyes which indicate high level ACoA. I believe Imu used this advantage in the void century to seize the throne.

Note the focus on Imu's eye like the others when they used their abilities, she/he could be projecting her targets on Goreisei's mind.
Ringed eyes could also mean immortality surgery. "Dracule Mihawk" as the name implies, Zunesha and Imu are 800+ years old so whatever that is, it's connected to the story.

Last edited:
I really really wanted something for Mihawk beyond Zoro.

but Oda had 1800+ chapters to foreshadow/introduce it. He simply doesn't want to use Mihawk more than a plot device for CG and Zoro.

Mihawk's only 2 purposes in the story is to be used as a step stool by Buggy to reach Pirate King status, and losing to Zoro.

That's not to say that Mihawk's just Zoro's endgame, because he isn't. That role will be filled by the one and only Ghandi Gorosei.

I can see mihawk guy sone type of revolutionary guy .

Marine hunting- I say mihawk hunt corrupt marines who hurt people .

I don’t see mihawk actually hurt normal people .

Heck marines was not afraid of him and his bounty is only for world strongest swordman , not because he hunt marines .

Very good points on the imortality surgery and i also.believe that next level of ACoO Mastery is being able to show future on other people's minds.

I believe we gonna see that the final level of advanced haki mastery is being able to combine different types of advanced haki styles.

ACoO +ACoC: mind control

ACoC +ACoA: soul destruction or some shit like that lol.

ACoA +ACoC: inflicting damage through hypnosis, like making someone get severely damage through showing them a future where it happens.

I don't think mihawk is that strong, but he must serve some purpose in the end, his double ringed eyes are an endgame plot.

With that said, shanks is the strongest pirate alive.