Powers & Abilities Mihawk the Clairvoyant

In case you didn’t know, Oda revealed that the original epithet he was going to give Mihawk was “Clairvoyant” and it got scrapped for “Hawk-eyes.” Usually it’s not important to discuss scrapped NON-CANON things but in this case it’s interesting that both the epithets are kind of quite similar so Oda wasn’t actually changing much here.

the dictionary Definition of Clairvoyant is:
a person who claims to have a supernatural ability to perceive events in the future or beyond normal sensory contact.

Note that there is the common usage of the word to mean seeing the future but technically it can also just mean any sight above regular sight such as seeing through wall is clairvoyance. Basically everything Viola’s fruit can do is clairvoyance.

It’s possible that Oda gave Mihawk the clairvoyant epithet first to mean one very specific type of sight but he realised the word is too broad and can mean too many things so he changed it to hawk-eyes instead to remove the implications that he meant like Mihawk can see the future or something.

No, I’m not saying Mihawk doesn’t have future sight or any of the regular CoO abilities everyone else has, I’m saying the problem is that everyone else has those already so Oda picking Mihawk’s epithet as something everyone can do is lame.

And we’ve already seen things like being able to see long distances via Van Augur. So whatever Oda’s idea for Mihawk’s clairvoyance is should probably be still something completely separate from every other clairvoyance we have seen via CoO and even separate from the things Viola can do and she literally has the clairvoyance fruit.

I think the most obvious clairvoyance (and the one that actually fits the Hawk-eyes part) is the Sharingan. Not the ridiculous mangyeko genjutsu shit, just the original description of the Sharingan, Being able to see details much more clearly.

This is actually what separates Humans and actual Hawks in eyesight. Hawks simply are able to see more details than humans. It’s not really even about how far they can see or like night vision or something.

for example even reading a book that’s right in front of you, your eye can not make out the words at the edges of page if you are looking at the center of the page. Technically the book is well within your range of eye sight and the light from the edge of the page is hitting your eye just as much center of the page, but because you are trying to read words and the letters require a level of focus on the details of the characters, your brain naturally just starts ignoring the letters at the edge of the page even though you can technically see them just as easily.

Hawk-eyes in this instance would be able to make out every single letter on the page at once just as easily as human eyes make out the letters in a single word they are reading.

Mihawk’s Clairvoyance which matches an actual Hawk-eye would be to be able to see the details of anything he’s looking at the minutest level, almost even microscopic if we add anime exaggerations. And then this ability when mixed with some good CoO then create a very deadly combination

Of course then the question would arise how or why Mihawk is the only one that has this particular clairvoyance and this is genuinely unimportant. I mean why is Zoro the only one with Ashura? It doesn’t matter. We don’t actually need a Sharingan-type bloodline eye power or whatever. Oda has shown he’s fine not explaining bizarre powers so we don’t need another made up Race or anything here again.

Last edited:
S

Sasaki Kojirō

The words "Clairvoyant," "Hawk Eyes" are indeed significant indicators that Mihawk possesses CoO with the magnitude to glimpse into the future. So far, only these characters are capable of seeing the future:

Luffy, Katakuri, Shanks, and the legendary Kaido.

Reminds me of that popular fan theory from a little while ago

"Mihawks eyes allow him to see into the future and glimpse at any encroaching defeat. This causes him to postpone fights, refuse fights, and (as seen with his seraphim) cease fighting and look for weaker adversaries"

Jesus bro, how many Mihawk threads are you guys going to make? There is like 9 of them in the first page.
If Mihawk is on y'all's brains this badly when he's done fuck all I hate to see what will happen when he turns up something fierce:myman:
Blud got a grip on this forum lol, really hope he defeats Issho so they have a seizure and start spamming cope threads

Lol mihawk fans will create a headcannon power just to satisfy their mental gymnastics.
Have fun reading 2 piece in your head along with other 2 piecers.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
You can bet your ass that Mihawk's Observation will be far superior to anything we saw so far.
And I bet he doesnt have Future Sight and yet is a better Observer than FS users.
The same will be with Armament and Conquerors.

I mean why is Zoro the only one with Ashura? It doesn’t matter.
It matters, a lot.
Because nobody else desired Power more than Zoro.
Every DF is unique. So is Demon God, the mythical Hito Hito no Mi, model Asura.

Mihawks epithet hints at him being able to see through perception or to follow more closely/accurately.

FS cancells itself out if 2 people use it.
Being able to perceive something better or faster would give him an edge even if he did not have FS.
It would be CoO even above FS.
Instead of prediction and precognition Mihawk has knowledge and reaction time.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Zoro isn’t a df user. Are you saying Zoro just manifested a df power just because?

okay then why does no none else manifest df powers just because as well?
Because through Zoro we learn how DFs are created.
You dont need to see everyone wishing strongly for this or that.
But Vegapunk literally explained it while looking at Sun god.

Read what he said and then apply each sentence to Zoro's Asura.
And correct, Zoro isnt a DF user. Only those who consume the evolution that someone else before them dreamed up are DF users.
Zoro and all others first-time manifestations are penalty-free.

It is entirely possible that we encounter people who have abilities as Zoro does and still can swim because they are first-timers too.
Zoro manifested a DF power of a God tier, because he wished for Power more than anyone else. You saw how hard it was for Sun God to awaken, it didnt happen in centuries, probably since the first manifestation that Joyboy pulled off. No wonder ultimate Power like Demon God could never be manifested before.

C

CensoredbyWG

And I bet he doesnt have Future Sight and yet is a better Observer than FS users.
The same will be with Armament and Conquerors.
Of course, someone who isn’t able to use advanced haki is stronger than those who can? Makes sense lol.

Mihawk obviously got the nickname due to his future sight.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Of course, someone who isn’t able to use advanced haki is stronger than those who can? Makes sense lol.

Mihawk obviously got the nickname due to his future sight.
Mihawk doesnt have Future sight and yes, ones who cant use advanced haki are better than those who can.
Fujitora is perfect example because up time is king when it comes to observation.
And who said FS was the only advanced type of FS? And I didnt even begin to talk about the flaws of FS...

C

CensoredbyWG

Mihawk doesnt have Future sight and yes, ones who cant use advanced haki are better than those who can.
Fujitora is perfect example because up time is king when it comes to observation.
And who said FS was the only advanced type of FS? And I didnt even begin to talk about the flaws of FS...
Flaws of FS?