Character Discussion Mihawk wanted to be Pirate king?

Mihawk didnt seek out Shanks, it was the other way around, Shanks sought out Mihawk and thanks to him fighting Mihawk is what made Shanks become famous.
Its more likely that Mihawk entertained Shanks who was weaker as a way for him to see if Shanks would be able to reach the levels of Roger so he can finally have an opponent, but when Shanks lost an arm Mihawk became disappointed and is now hoping Zoro can surpass Shanks and reach the levels of Roger so he can finally have a worthy opponent.
Ah mental gymnastics to justify Roger level Mihawk, *wipes tear*.

One Piece: Green Secret Pieces p. 174
I saw this some where and somebody said it says these guys always wanted to become pirate king, can somebody Confirm this? Or is it false news??
Thanks for the reference, I checked my volume and no, the whole scene is about Crocodile, it says he set sail to the sea to become the Pirate King after the beginning of the great age of pirates and then shows the scene of him seeing this beginning to the side of Mihawk and Moria.

If you want to know a little more about Mihawk have the link in my signature.

Mihawk didnt seek out Shanks, it was the other way around, Shanks sought out Mihawk and thanks to him fighting Mihawk is what made Shanks become famous.
Its more likely that Mihawk entertained Shanks who was weaker as a way for him to see if Shanks would be able to reach the levels of Roger so he can finally have an opponent, but when Shanks lost an arm Mihawk became disappointed and is now hoping Zoro can surpass Shanks and reach the levels of Roger so he can finally have a worthy opponent.
Exactly, we can see the chronology perfectly on his Vivre Card.

大海賊時代以前より頭角を現し、今や名実共に「世界一」の座に君臨し続ける、稀代の大剣豪。
He made a name for himself before the Great Pirate Age Now he continues to reign from his place as the Best in the World both in name and reality He's an extremely rare ( amazing ) swordmaster.

History
- Before 24: 大航海時代の幕開けを見る
He saw the beginning of the Great Pirate Age.

- Before ??: 剣の腕を巡り"赤髪"と鎬を削る
He competes ruthlessly with "Red Hair" in skill of swordsmanship.

- Before ??:"王下七武海"に加入
He joins "Ouka Shichibukai"

- Before 02: 頂上戦争参戦
He fights at the top war.

- Before 02: ロロノア・ゾロに剣を教授!!
He teaches Roronoa Zoro in swordsmanship!!

The lengths that y'all go to for damage control w/ Zoro is actually pitiful lmao

Y'all know damn well how Zoro's gonna be EoS and you wanna make sure with all your fucking energy that he doesn't look as good as he should
Actually i wanted this confirmed because would make mihawk more inetrsting to me but what ever

Actually i wanted this confirmed because would make mihawk more inetrsting to me but what ever
That would only make him a loser, someone who never achieved his dream, and take his awesomeness out of Zoro's dream.

Anyway, I have the databook in the Portuguese version, here is the contextualized translation.

Um "novato" pronto para desafiar a Grande Era dos Piratas

Armado com os poderes da Suna Suna no Mi e uma astúcia e conhecimentos sem igual, Crocodile, ainda como novato, zarpou em busca do trono de Rei dos Pirata! Entretanto, depois que esse seu sonho foi destruído, ele iniciou a sua busca por um gigantesco "Poderio Militar"

Logo após o início da Grande Era dos Piratas, ele partiu em busca do trono de Rei dos Piratas!!

"Barba Branca" é simplesmente um sinônimo de "derrota". Um embate dos tempos de novato do Crocodile que o deixou com cicatrizes tão profundas quanto seu desejo de vingança...

Recrutando talentos com calma e muito sigilo, Crocodile começou a expandir sua organização...!!

A "rookie" ready to challenge the Great Age of Pirates

Armed with the powers of the Suna Suna no Mi and an unparalleled cunning and knowledge, Crocodile, still a rookie, set sail in search of the Pirate King's throne! However, after that dream of his was destroyed, he began his search for a gigantic "Military Might".

Shortly after the start of the Great Age of Pirates, he set out in search of the Pirate King's throne!! (subject in question)

"Whitebeard" is simply a synonym for "defeat". A clash from Crocodile's rookie days that left him with scars as deep as his desire for revenge...

Recruiting talent calmly and with great secrecy, Crocodile began to expand his organization...!!

Not talking about you, read the rest of the replies lol
Dont pay attention to trolls
Post automatically merged:

That would only make him a loser, someone who never achieved his dream, and take his awesomeness out of Zoro's dream.
No, that wouldnt make him loser. There could be several reasons why he gave up on the dream, Maybe Shanks told him something and now he is looking for Someone stronger than him ( Ryuna possibly? ) while shanks looks for JoyBoy, well doesnt matter since aperantly thanks to your information and Other people here he didnt want to Become PK.