Speculations Mihawk Won his Duel With Shanks

What was the Outcome of Shanks and Mihawk's Duel?

• Mihawk Won

• Shanks Won

• Draw

• The duel was unresolved/otherwise didn't have a conclusion

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, but the main thing that calls it into question is Mihawks response to when Shanks asked him if he came to fight.

It's be something more along the lines of "Why would I want to fight someone I've already defeated, who has lost an arm."

Their exchange, coupled with Whitebeards words about many duels makes it seem like there was never a clear winner, and Mihawk has no intentions of wanting to find out who would win since Shanks lost his arm.

Mihawk is not looking for a tough fight, which Shanks, or any Top Tier would give him regardless. He's looking to fight a Top Tier Swordsman, in peak condition.

Anyone with a functioning brain would realize its not a good idea to fight an entire yonkou crew by themselves. Sadly Lanks tards don't have one.
Only greenbull didn’t break out in a cold sweat over shank crew. Mihawk/admiral fans can continue to pretend that what happened. But the fandom showed how they felt post feat. Shank>admirals Unanimous

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Only greenbull didn’t break out in a cold sweat over shank crew. Mihawk/admiral fans can continue to pretend that what happened. But the fandom showed how they felt post feat. Shank>admirals Unanimous
Shanks did the same thing Luffy did to Momo unconsciously in 1014 & 1015. And both caused severe pain (& zero damage) to the person upon which it's being used (Momo & Aramaki). I don't disagree with Shanks > Admirals though, that scene is solid portrayal.

I'm a Mihawk fan and I'm gonna have to disagree on this.

I think they were equals before.

They dueled.

It was a draw.

They would also be equals now but things changed.

Shanks instead of trying to be the strongest, decided to become the Dark Knight of One Piece.

I'd bet he already knows nothing can be done with the WG if you aren't Nika. That's why he stole the fruit in the first place.

Shanks gave up his arm for the new generation, in hopes Luffy with Nika fruit will do the job that Roger could not even attempt to do.

Meanwhile Mihawk kept trying to be stronger, forged a black blade and became the WSS.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Knowing Oda, there was no victor of their duels. Nittoryu Shanks was probably on par with Mihawk and when he dropped to Ittoryu, Mihawk automatically became the stronger of the two and was labelled WSS.
Dropping from Nittoryu to Ittoryu lowered his skill.

Huh? It wasn’t an insult, u lied about me sayin something. Sounding foolish was the byproduct, anyway What’s there to prove?

Is there any indication things would be different otherwise? I mean no surprise

Mihawk shouldn’t need to use it seriously lmao, if he’s remotely comparable to shanks in that department….

Shanks told the marines/BBP/WBPs to stop fighting. He makes no remarks regarding Luffy fool. That wasn’t his business, an the admiral in front of him doesn’t move an inch.
So it’s headcanon to assume an attacks would strengthen the closer it is to the opponent? Sure total unfounded headcanon, but ur stupidity about it being unable to cause harm up close supported by what? Probably same foolishness that had u claiming something like this was impossible in the first place.

Shanks is seen stronger then mihawk by the large majority of the fan base. Hence mihawk fans constantly spamming threads to claim he’s comparable. King debunk Ztard mental Gymnastics

Zoro acknowledges himself as a swordsman, it doesn’t matter if he seen using other moves once an every blue moon.

Shank the guy that Lost he’s main sword hand. Doesn’t acknowledge himself as a swordsman anymore. He just a sword user, his main power come from the ability with the most hype. An that’s CoC, shank Haki hype has significantly more focus then his blade/swordsmanship
Are you still upset your weak attempt to insult me did nothing but prove to me that you don't have a argument?
:gokulaugh:

GB was hit with surprise attack that surprised him, nothing else. Stop coping because the attack didn't defeat him like you claimed.

Oh yes, the typical "if Mihawk was top tier he he would have done this or that even though even though nobody else has" BS you and the rest of the haters use. I guess no one learned their lesson from Wano War where Big Mom and Kaido failed to quickly defeat a YC and even had the strongest and combination attack stopped by a "mere subordinate". Don't worry, Oda is not finish handing out L's.

Shanks told them all to stop and they didn't stop attacking. Don't be upset because they didn't listen to him and he didn't do anything.

I called your post headcannon because you gave Shanks feats that don't exist in the manga. Now your backpedaling because I called you out on it.

The same fans claiming Mihawk is YC for years is the same fans claiming Shanks is stronger. Their opinions doesn't matter, only facts. Oda has once again made it clear Mihawk is stronger than Shanks and now you and the rest are coping hard because of it.

The only thing King debunked was just another variation of the stupid hakiman argument you anti Zoro and anti Mihawk fans push.

Swordsman have used non-sword attacks throughout the entire manga but of course, it only matters when certain characters does it.

Shanks is the guy whose swordsmanship and strength has been compared to Mihawk throughout the entire manga. He is Mihawk's rival and the one swordsmen must surpass to be considered a worthy challenge to Mihawk. He has used a sword throughout the entire manga including when he was young and he always grabs his sword whenever he wants to intimidate or attack regardless of the type of attack you use. Oda said he didn't lose any strength after losing his arm and called a swordsman by Oda.

WOW, Shanks main power comes from haki. Just like every other incredibly powerful and strong swordsman. Wait until you find out that Zoro obtained CoC immediately after talking about his goal to become the WSS. It's crazy that the character who's entire growth in Wano has focus on haki will receive more growth then haki. It's almost like Oda is trying to tell us haki it's the most important part to swordsmanship. No, that can't be true. If it was Mihawk would have trained Zoro in haki. Oh wait, he did.
:zosmug:

Swordsmanship is not a power, it's a fighting style. Haki is a power, not a fighting style.

Last edited:
It should be a Draw, cuz fighting Mihawk was what turned Shanks super Famous and regarded as among Strongest, so he must have fought him and they were Equals

However this is Unpopular Opinion but I don't think Mihawk revealed his True Power to anyone yet, including Shanks

Remember when Cavendish and Hakuba shared their Body, they both had Double Layered Eyes, and it was stated that Hakuba >> Cavendish

So Mihawk always fought with his weaker self which is Shanks Level, he still hiding his True Power (Equivalent of what Hakuba is to Cavendish) and that's what Zoro has to deal with

it was stated fraudhawk got loss interest fighting shanks when he loss his hands, so that only lead to fact they fought many times, it was not single duel, they fought many times not a single news about who bested the other, and to think that time shanks was just a fcking nobody:suresure::suresure:

farudhawk got mad that shanks think too little of the swordmanship fighting style,
that he can ditch his hands without fear of he will loose his trump card Shanks >>>> fraud hawk tho :cheers:
Nah Oden is stronger than big mom accdg to kaido so no wonder mihawk isn't interested in becoming a yonko.

Oda doesn't like to show clear superiority between top tiers directly like this. I heavily doubt Mihawk had a significant edge in their duels.

I don't think he's ever gonna throw Shanks under the bus like this. The idea is that the world sees Mihawk as the strongest with a sword. This is a display of might with a blade not a 1v1 organized record. WB didn't have to beat every single top tier to gain his title.

WB was called the WSM thanks to the display of the overwhelming power of the Gura, same way Mihawk can be the WSS thanks to tangible things like Yoru, black blade, cutting power. Even Kaidou was called the WSC because of his monstrous attributes not because he went around fighting and defeating every living thing 1v1.

You look at Mihawk and his abilities, you see the pinnacle of swordsman.

I'm not saying he couldn't have defeated Shanks, that certainly would only further explain why he's the WSS but y'all need to stop treating titles like undisputed boxing belts.
so world strongest titles are not omnipotent it is just what makes sense to the citizens
mihawk- the only guy with a black blade
wb- a strong guy with the most destructive fruit
kaido- a strong guy with a very strong df that gives him nigh invulnerability

I can understand some saying it was a draw or unresolved, but to say Shanks won is too funny. I guess Mihawk is a fraud, :nicagesmile:

If they had multiple duels, Mihawk definitely won the most important one; the last one.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Mihawk is not looking for a tough fight, which Shanks, or any Top Tier would give him regardless. He's looking to fight a Top Tier Swordsman, in peak condition.
So Mihawk would not fight Zoro because he's missing an eye?

He'll not fight Issho because he's blind?

This argument of "peak condition" is silly cope. Shanks is simply not on his level anymore:

He's a superior swordsman to Shanks, and so doesn't care to duel him again. He's waiting for someone stronger than Shanks to make him excited for a duel again:

So Mihawk would not fight Zoro because he's missing an eye?

He'll not fight Issho because he's blind?

This argument of "peak condition" is silly cope. Shanks is simply not on his level anymore:

He's a superior swordsman to Shanks, and so doesn't care to duel him again. He's waiting for someone stronger than Shanks to make him excited for a duel again:
Mihawks the one who said it. We are going to disregard his own words, why exactly?

And things like being blind, or missing an eye means nothing in a World where there is a power that can allow someone to see way better than eyes ever can. What compensates for missing a body part?

Zeff had to retire from piracy because he lost a limb that was detrimental to his fighting style. And ironically enough, Mihawk was introduced in the same arc as a man who lost a limb and had to quit being a pirate. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence that Mihawks long time sword Rival just so happened to have lost a limb as well, and Zeffs condition was meant to infer nothing....

Last edited:
I would say either draw or unconcluded
Post automatically merged:

By your thread it seems to be either draw or unconcerned duel.

Mihawk as WSS would be mad and possibly challenge Shanks.

If Mihawk won would make no sense for him to challenge Shanks again.

If Shanks won he would be WSS.