Character Discussion Mihawk's quiet life

Why does Mihawk wish to have a quiet life when he clearly derived some enjoyment from being chased after marines? Back when Mihawk was younger did he just go around challenging strong swordsmen to duels and taking their lives when he beat them? He was known as the "marine hunter" but I don't think he actively went after marines, his body count was just so high the marines showed up to haul him to jail and he killed them in retaliation, this just created an constant cycle until the World Government made him a warlord.

If he wants a quiet life so much, maybe he should've thought about that before he started slashing people down to prove himself as the WSS. He has a 3.5 billion bounty and now he thinks making Crocodile's utopia dream come true will give him that peaceful house on a hill that he dreams of.

I swear, people really have no reading comprehension. Mihawk wants to fight strong opponents. He wants someone to take his title, to the point that he would train his own rival because his current existence is just that empty. Unfortunately, he’s accepted that for now, no one is able to give him the challenge he desires so he’s quite content leading a simple farming life without involving himself in political games and power struggles. Occasionally, he goes out to ‘kill time’ by terrorising Don Krieg or rocking up unannounced to warlord meetings, but it’s obvious that he’s trying to fill a void. He’s achieved his dream but it’s damn lonely at the top. He’s confident that he can sit on his ass and farm cabbages until his protege returns for one final, epic fight. He doesn’t expect to survive their final conflict; his first match with Zoro revealed that Mihawk believes defeat to be the end of everything.

Young Mihawk would have been like Zoro. Hungry, ambitious and driven. But after an implied grave betrayal in his past and Shanks’s abandonment of their rivalry, he’s become very disillusioned. The yonko don’t fight each other for decades; if Buggy hadn’t fucked shit up, Mihawk would only have had to play Orcus on his throne lazing about and watching for news of Zoro while Croc did the heavy lifting and built utopia. Mihawk is the nuclear weapon of Croc’s military empire - the weapon everyone fears but you don’t want to use. If Mihawk can sit pretty and chill, why wouldn’t he lol. Sounds like a great life.

Why does Mihawk wish to have a quiet life when he clearly derived some enjoyment from being chased after marines? Back when Mihawk was younger did he just go around challenging strong swordsmen to duels and taking their lives when he beat them? He was known as the "marine hunter" but I don't think he actively went after marines, his body count was just so high the marines showed up to haul him to jail and he killed them in retaliation, this just created an constant cycle until the World Government made him a warlord.

If he wants a quiet life so much, maybe he should've thought about that before he started slashing people down to prove himself as the WSS. He has a 3.5 billion bounty and now he thinks making Crocodile's utopia dream come true will give him that peaceful house on a hill that he dreams of.
He is fraud

Mihawk is the nuclear weapon of Croc’s military empire - the weapon everyone fears
I agree with everything you said, but this. Aside from zoro and don krieg level fodder, nobody near the top has been shown to fear mihawk.

Remember queens reaction to big mom showing up at udon?

Remember kidd alliance reaction to kaido showing up at their meeting.

Remember whitebeard pirates or marine reactions to shanks arriving to meet whitebeard. Or everyone, including Mihawks, reaction to shanks showing up at marineford.

Even bitch ass old rayliegh has more clout.

Mihawk has NEVER been shown to have that kind of pull on moderate to top tier characters.

I agree with everything you said, but this. Aside from zoro and don krieg level fodder, nobody near the top has been shown to fear mihawk.

Remember queens reaction to big mom showing up at udon?

Remember kidd alliance reaction to kaido showing up at their meeting.

Remember whitebeard pirates or marine reactions to shanks arriving to meet whitebeard. Or everyone, including Mihawks, reaction to shanks showing up at marineford.

Even bitch ass old rayliegh has more clout.

Mihawk has NEVER been shown to have that kind of pull on moderate to top tier characters.
Because he has never pulled up on anyone, you clearly don't agree with or didn't read what @Den_Den_Mushi said

Cause he need to go to the deli to eat sausage egg n cheese

I swear, people really have no reading comprehension. Mihawk wants to fight strong opponents. He wants someone to take his title, to the point that he would train his own rival because his current existence is just that empty. Unfortunately, he’s accepted that for now, no one is able to give him the challenge he desires so he’s quite content leading a simple farming life without involving himself in political games and power struggles. Occasionally, he goes out to ‘kill time’ by terrorising Don Krieg or rocking up unannounced to warlord meetings, but it’s obvious that he’s trying to fill a void. He’s achieved his dream but it’s damn lonely at the top. He’s confident that he can sit on his ass and farm cabbages until his protege returns for one final, epic fight. He doesn’t expect to survive their final conflict; his first match with Zoro revealed that Mihawk believes defeat to be the end of everything.

Young Mihawk would have been like Zoro. Hungry, ambitious and driven. But after an implied grave betrayal in his past and Shanks’s abandonment of their rivalry, he’s become very disillusioned. The yonko don’t fight each other for decades; if Buggy hadn’t fucked shit up, Mihawk would only have had to play Orcus on his throne lazing about and watching for news of Zoro while Croc did the heavy lifting and built utopia. Mihawk is the nuclear weapon of Croc’s military empire - the weapon everyone fears but you don’t want to use. If Mihawk can sit pretty and chill, why wouldn’t he lol. Sounds like a great life.
why doesn't mihawk open a dojo then? like the one zoro grew up in. that would surely give him some purpose.

He didnt pull up on the red hair pirates? You clearly didn't read one piece.

Did any of shanks commanders react fearfully? Or did they simply go "hm"?

Top tiers dont care about mihawk in-verse
He didn't come there to fight so no he didn't pull up on the red hair pirates.
Literally the same thing as Shanks going onto WB's ship. None of the WB commanders gave a shit because they knew he wasn't there to fight even though he was actively attacking the weak members unlike Mihawk

He didn't come there to fight so no he didn't pull up on the red hair pirates.
Literally the same thing as Shanks going onto WB's ship. None of the WB commanders gave a shit because they knew he wasn't there to fight even though he was actively attacking the weak members unlike Mihawk
Thats just how shanks is. Before he even arrived marco and jozu warned everyone that the weak cant even stand in his presence.

Jozu even tries to talk to whitebeard and Whitebeard cut him off and told him there wont be any fighting, you can leave us.

Meanwhile, shanks commanders didn't even bother to stand on their feet when Hawkeye arrived.

Thats just how shanks is. Before he even arrived marco and jozu warned everyone that the weak cant even stand in his presence.

Jozu even tries to talk to whitebeard and Whitebeard cut him off and told him there wont be any fighting, you can leave us.

Meanwhile, shanks commanders didn't even bother to stand on their feet when Hawkeye arrived.
Bro moving goal posts so far they are no longer even visible.
Jozu and Marco didn't give a shit about Shanks much less be scared of him and he we trying to flex the entire time unlike Mihawk who was just chill

Bro moving goal posts so far they are no longer even visible.
Jozu and Marco didn't give a shit about Shanks much less be scared of him and he we trying to flex the entire time unlike Mihawk who was just chill
Clearly define what goal poat i moved. Saying i "moved a goal post" without proof is a lame copout.

You messed up and claimed mihawk never pulled up. I embarrassed you and proved you wrong immediately. Then YOU moved the goal post and said he wasnt there for a fight, and tried to compare it to shanks meeting whitebeard.

But jozu was worried. Thats why whitebeard had to tell him there wouldn't be a fight and had to dismiss him. None of the red hair commanders gave a shit when teahawk came. Didnt even address him or look to shanks for guidance.

Clearly define what goal poat i moved. Saying i "moved a goal post" without proof is a lame copout.

You messed up and claimed mihawk never pulled up. I embarrassed you and proved you wrong immediately. Then YOU moved the goal post and said he wasnt there for a fight, and tried to compare it to shanks meeting whitebeard.

But jozu was worried. Thats why whitebeard had to tell him there wouldn't be a fight and had to dismiss him. None of the red hair commanders gave a shit when teahawk came. Didnt even address him or look to shanks for guidance.
Your argument was that when ever Top Tiers show up everyone is scared and that commanders weren't scared of Mihawk coming to talk which is a perfect comparison to Shanks going to see WB which was my counter argument. Then you started talking some shit about standing up which is the goal post movement instead of scared which was your original point

Your argument was that when ever Top Tiers show up everyone is scared and that commanders weren't scared of Mihawk coming to talk which is a perfect comparison to Shanks going to see WB which was my counter argument. Then you started talking some shit about standing up which is the goal post movement instead of scared which was your original point
Wrong. I clearly told you your comparison failed because jozu was worried about shanks and Whitebeard had to cut him off and tell him to leave he and shanks alone.

I then used that moment to highlight the difference between how jozu acted vs how red hair commanders acted. They didn't even bother standing, meanwhile jozu was so worried whitebeard had to dismiss him and reassure him.

No goal posts were moved.

Wrong. I clearly told you your comparison failed because jozu was worried about shanks and Whitebeard had to cut him off and tell him to leave he and shanks alone
You are making shit up and moving goal posts at the same time, neither Jozu nor Marco were scared of Shanks' strength. Just admit you are wrong and move on instead of looking like an idiot

The question is, when did Mihawk started wanting a quiet life?

First time he appear he went all the way to east blue to kill time.

Why would he do this if he wants a quiet life?

Or did he start wanting a quiet life only after finding the one he's looking for? The one that's gonna surpass him, Zoro.