Moderation ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 easy rules for Mods so people do not get frustrated or confused. it helps everyone.

1. do not delete posts.
2. do not close threads.
3. if you really have to do either then give a proper explanation for it.

solutions:
1. if a user posts something that is worth deleting then its worth a warning or worth a threadban/ban.
edit it, if you must, and quote it with a proper response. this is the only way someone who visits the thread afterwards to see where you draw the line and what the repercussions are if someone is to cross that line. eventually users will learn.
2. unless there is a very good reason to lock a thread it should remain open. a reason like "one sided" is not a good reason. its a bad one actually.
just because a majority holds an opinion does not mean that this opinion is right or can not be challenged.
a temporary close is also an option if a debate becomes too heated. entirely shutting down discussion is the opposite of what a forum is for.
duplicates (with links to the right threads) or obvious trolling are more or less the only topics that should earn a shutdown. better thread ban individuals than kill a topic.
a close must be the last resort only when everything else fails.

@Bogard @Garp the Fist @Gol D. Roger @Haoshoku @Jiihad @Kiwipom @Pantheos @TheAncientCenturion @Van

please do not make the same mistakes as other forum staff. its so easy to avoid.

AL sama

Red Haired
no offense but I gotta disagree with this thread as a whole

some things are better not explained

some posts that gets deleted doesn't always require a warning

some threads are better off locked cause you can't always keep them under control after all human emotions are wild

that's my take on it you can disagree with me but try seeing things from both side's point of view

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Spams:
  • Repeated non-contributive posts to a particular topic, reactionary images, emoticons, smiles, nonsense, necroing dead threads and similar content is depreciated. Doing it here and there is fine, but doing it dozens of times in a row doesn't contribute in the discussion and thus will be handled accordingly.
Please go through Worstgen forum rules.

Doing it here and there is fine, but doing it dozens of times in a row doesn't contribute in the discussion and thus will be handled accordingly.
this leaves so much room for interpretation that each time YOU think (the Mods) this rule applies your userbase will rightfully question the decision unless you explain it.

@Finalbeta
its not about being less strict. its about being strict where it matters and seeing it through. consistency and transparency work wonders.

@AL sama
easy solution.
you can thread ban individuals instead of locking an entire thread. just because some people act up does not mean that everyone has to suffer.
imagine someone comes to a thread a posts something barely worth a ban.
how is anyone else supposed to know where Mods draw the line when the post is deleted and no one else can view it anymore?
exactly, they can not. that is a problem in my eyes.

this leaves so much room for interpretation that each time YOU think (the Mods) this rule applies your userbase will rightfully question the decision unless you explain it.

@Finalbeta
its not about being less strict. its about being strict where it matters and seeing it through. consistency and transparency work wonders.

@AL sama
easy solution.
you can thread ban individuals instead of locking an entire thread. just because some people act up does not mean that everyone has to suffer.
how is anyone else supposed to know where Mods draw the line when the post is deleted and no one else can view it anymore?
Relax bud mine was just humor :cheers:

H

Homelander

Dont think it should be big deal . Moderation Team is really friendly contact them if you are unfairly targetted . I have been deleted many time but all of them had good reason and i respected it .

Dont think it should be big deal . Moderation Team is really friendly contact them if you are unfairly targetted . I have been deleted many time but all of them had good reason and i respected it .
I have never been unfairly targeted. this is not the point of this topic. neither do I seek confrontation with the staff.

what would you rather? come to a locked thread and directly see why it was closed or have to message a staff member to get information?
cause I believe option one is the easier of the 2 for both sides.

AL sama

Red Haired
@AL sama
easy solution.
I gotta disagree again

a dispute is never one sided

H

Homelander

I have never been unfairly targeted. this is not the point of this topic. neither do I seek confrontation with the staff.

what would you rather? come to a locked thread and directly see why it was closed or have to message a staff member to get information?
cause I believe option one is the easier of the 2 for both sides.
Just pm them instead of this angry rant. Screenshot all your valid point and counter your point why your thread is valid .

a dispute is never one sided
how does "individuals" exclude parties from either side? if they are 2 sides, that is.
you should not think about "sides" here anyways. individuals should receive warning and repercussions, not the entire community.
if someone acts up, deal with them. do not lock threads and make the experience worse for others just because some can not behave.

Just pm them instead
that is exactly what should not be necessary. its more work for them and more work for users.

:choppawhat:
you seem very confused as to what this topic is about.
maybe you stumbled into this forum section by accident. its a proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.