• Luffy vs Enel

• Luffy vs Lucci

• Luffy vs Moria

• Luffy vs Doflamingo

• Luffy vs Cracker

• Luffy vs Katakuri

• All

Results are only viewable after voting.
Recently I have been reading a lot of threads criticizing Luffy for being a child of destiny or pirate Jesus. There have been times I have felt Luffy fatigue, but he is still one of my favorite characters and continues to remain so.

Oda established Luffy as someone special from the get go. I view Luffy as a DC character or demigod type figure as compared to a Marvel character, where the focus is on an ordinary person trying to adjust to their powers. Early on in the series, Luffy is seen as a gifted fighter. In EB he already has a variety of moves and techniques regarding his devil fruit. Luffy doesn’t question his goal, motives, powers, dreams, or ideals. He already knows who he is and expresses himself without any shame. He is a character that inspires others to be the best version of themselves.

Also Oda started hinting that Luffy was special and destined for something great once Shanks gave him the hat. The point was strengthened even more once Buggy revealed that he and Shanks were cabin boys on Gol D. Roger’s ship. Then throughout the manga we learn more and more about Luffy’s past and family. Finally, I think people need to realize that Oda never tried to hide the fact that Luffy was special and destined for greatness.
I don't have any problems with luffy being special ; every main character has to be special in some way and that's why rey from star wars fail in last jedi

But I don't want his DF to be special ; luffy getting some unique joy boy powers is fine but not through a DF

I don't have any problems with luffy being special ; every main character has to be special in some way and that's why rey from star wars fail in last jedi

But I don't want his DF to be special ; luffy getting some unique joy boy powers is fine but not through a DF
I agree with you regarding Luffy’s devil fruit. My main criticism is if Oda wanted Luffy’s fruit to be special, then he could have said so a lot earlier than Wano.

everything about his df so far we have seen is nothing like that...

g2 and g3 eats his lifespan
g4 makes him deadweight
energy he needs to expend for one punch is more than anyone else in this series

so on what aspect his df is special? maybe offering blunt immunity

we don't even know how his awakening will be.....

besides, so far, gomu is proven to be inferior to mochi...no point in making speculations right now....

Also, I am damn sure that no matter what it is, his awakening won't be hax like ope ope no mi or any admirals fruits...at best it is similar to zoans...

everything about his df so far we have seen is nothing like that...

g2 and g3 eats his lifespan
g4 makes him deadweight
energy he needs to expend for one punch is more than anyone else in this series

so on what aspect his df is special? maybe offering blunt immunity

we don't even know how his awakening will be.....

besides, so far, gomu is proven to be inferior to mochi...no point in making speculations right now....

Also, I am damn sure that no matter what it is, his awakening won't be hax like ope ope no mi or any admirals fruits...at best it is similar to zoans...
Talking about future here , if the DF in question is Luffy's , gorosei are crazy hyping it being special in regards to awakening

We will see soon

If Joyboy had the same df then maybe he only was a giant because he was awakened
Now I am imagining Luffy as a giant for the rest of the series. All I can think of are the gags that Oda could do with giant Luffy. Some would be Luffy needing to eat huge amounts of meat at all hours. Then we could have the classic Luffy forgets just how big he is moments and the shenigans that would ensue.

I like how Luffy and Kaido both want to find the One Piece. Luffy would never hurt innocent people in order to achieve his dream. He will fight wholeheartedly for his dream and his friends’ dreams. Since Kaido made a whole country suffer in order to pursue his dream, Luffy isn’t going to forgive him.
I think one month back people said Luffy was buddy buddy with Kaido lol....