My Hero Academia Chapter 305 : Izuku Midoriya and Shigaraki Tomura

Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
I think the chapter did a good job of exposing how idealistic and naive Deku's desire to try and save Shigaraki was. Although admirable in some ways, it is quite literally a childish aspiration(with Deku literally turning into a child to symbolize that).

I'm also glad that Deku isn't exactly taking killing Shigaraki off the table. Its also nice that they consider the fact that killing someone is a big deal and responsibility for a 16 year old child. I feel like the fact Deku is still just a child tends to get brushed over by readers, who expect him to act or make big decisions as easily as an adult.

Leku talk no jutsu to villains if he knew their motives lmaooooo.

Go back to Todoroki plot asap pls.
Deku at the end of the manga after the Shiggy fight:

:suresure::suresure: Would laugh my ass if we actually get a same quote where Deku praise Shiggy for fighting back AFO after he himself kill probably multiple heroes....

But yeah the chapter was still great, at this point we know how Deku is build as character, I don´t expect much, in the past I was hope for a Anti hero Deku, brutal and doing is own justice, probably even killing villians. Would be kinda different, could build more his character as and give us more the dark tension. But I expect to much, the Anti Hero Deku character doing his own justice probably never coming up, But that is what it is, I expect to much but im not disappointed, if Hori want this route I gonna still look forward.

But yeah if Deku would became to a anti hero, showing a shonen MC who isn´t like Naruto but has his own moral, seeing the dark side, losing many people in his hands, kinda want such a route, kinda would give us a DC verse tension over Boku no Hero, you guys though?

Are people actually this stupid? Do people actually believe that Naruto invented the idea of a Hero saving a Villain? This is a story far older than the invention of shounen battle manga.

Deku is not "ripping off Naruto" nor is he "Naruto 2.0".

He's just a Hero.
Yeah, trying to save villains has always been a common think with superheroes. See it all the time in western comics.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
But yeah if Deku would became to a anti hero, showing a shonen MC who isn´t like Naruto but has his own moral, seeing the dark side, losing many people in his hands, kinda want such a route, kinda would give us a DC verse tension over Boku no Hero, you guys though?
That would be fantastic. I love such things and people can't fucking say Horikoshi can't do it because it's "Weekly Shonen Jump". Bullshit! Look at Chainsaw Man and tell me Mangakas can't go ham.

I was hoping the war against the villains would become something like this but the ending completely destroyed it.

Dude when I fucking saw that Deku wants to talk no Jutsu villains if he was to know their motives:pepemy::pepemy::pepemy::pepemy::pepemy::pepemy:

Asta > Deku at this point.

So idiots aside I thought this was a fantastic moment for Deku's character. I saw it coming a mile away yet I enjoyed it nonetheless.

And I don't even particularly like Deku as a character. Really he's just ok.

But I do appreciate that he's standing up for the true ideal of Heroism expressed throughout countless Hero stories. I like Anti-Heroes but far too many people are obsessed with wanting heroes to kill and be dark and gritty.

Characters like Deku are important because of what they represent. What they stand for. They don't let the world break them and drag them down into becoming like everyone else. They stick to who they are and the world is better off for having people like him in it.

So with that being said this is all just part of what Deku's story has been about since the very beginning. Saving people. The story is ultimately about the boy who was never saved(Shigaraki) and the boy who thought he'd never get the chance to save anybody(Izuku). Deku's ultimate test is Shigaraki. It's a test of who he can save. It's asking: can you save even a monster who is so far gone from humanity that none other can reach out to him? The biggest flaw in this society is that it casts out all those who do not fit in as "monsters" which is why they end up as villains in the first place. This test asks: do you have the strength of will to still treat him like a human being when no one else can? Because thats the point of the narrative. Deku doing what Hero Society Failed to do and becoming someone who can save literally anyone. It's been set up that way since the beginning.

And no this isn't "talk no jutsu". The final battle will NOT be Deku saying a couple words and having shiggy change his mind *rolls eyes*. A lot of you guys need to stop projecting Naruto onto other series. The final battle will be more like Aang vs Fire Lord Ozai since it's set up to be a battle of wills within One For All. A place where thoughts and emotions can be conveyed. The battle will be whether Deku's will to save can overcome Shigaraki's will to destroy.

That would be fantastic. I love such things and people can't fucking say Horikoshi can't do it because it's "Weekly Shonen Jump". Bullshit! Look at Chainsaw Man and tell me Mangakas can't go ham.
Before the arc with Shiggy and the big war start, me and @Sentinel kinda want that route for Deku, seeing how many people get killed and the justice(WG) not helping them, seeing some of his friends get killed, also other heroes, I kinda expect a change overall for Deku. Kinda he becaming a anti hero, but the war was at least for me kinda disappointed(For Sentinel it was so bad that he drop Boku no hero and not reading it anymore xD) even though it was not bad at all. But as usually I expect to much, even though it start good.

Well at this point we can forget the Anti Hero Deku stuff...
:josad:

I swear from all wars until now Tabata handle it at best, the brutally fight in BC and also the tension with feeling the danger of the villiians is great so far. Kinda hope Oda take a glimp how Tabata threat his villians, the calamity and flyers need a same build up.

The DC movies are terrible though. Not sure why you'd want that.
Not to mention the actual DC Universe is one full of Hope & Optimism. It's not dark nor was it ever meant to be.
The old stuff though, didn´t you would like it if Hori would kinda use a different route for Deku? So far the most MC almost act the same(Luffy is not different to make sure), would be nice to have a mc who go into a different route, get more character building. BnH has great potential, a Anti Hero stuff for Deku wouldn´t be bad, he would see the other side and learn more and more.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
@Redx

I can understand ur take and respect it but you should also understand why people want more tension and realism.

The world is not as friendly and peaceful as manga portrays it. I know it's a manga about things that are not present or real in our world but I can guarantee you that if superpowers existed in our world. Our world would look more like The Boys universe if not worse rather than MHA take.

A couple things I neglected to mention. Nana refers to Gran Torino affectionately again here. Talking about "their" choice just as he himself did not too long ago. Which leads me to believe they were a thing and Gran Torino is actually the Grandfather of Shigaraki. I always suspected it but this chapter has me pretty confident that this is in fact the case.

I was also wrong about the inner world stuff lasting 2 chapters. Seems like it's gonna be 3. Or three and a half depending on how long the 2nd and 3rd holders talk to Deku next chapter.

Which also shows that the spoilers were wrong about the reasons they had their back to him but maybe the official translation will clear some things up. Either way. I'm glad we're about to find out who they really are so we can confirm that it's not Bakugo and debunk that stupid fan theory already.

The old stuff though, didn´t you would like it if Hori would kinda use a different route for Deku? So far the most MC almost act the same(Luffy is not different to make sure), would be nice to have a mc who go into a different route, get more character building. BnH has great potential, a Anti Hero stuff for Deku wouldn´t be bad, he would see the other side and learn more and more.
These characters are different though. Luffy isn't Deku and Deku isn't Luffy.
Deku becoming an Anti-Hero is dumb. Going dark doesn't inherently make a character good. We're already building up Deku's character here. He doesn't need to become an Anti-Hero for that to happen.

You wanna read a story where the Hero becomes an Anti-Hero? then go read Invincible. Only 144 Issues.
Post automatically merged:

@Redx

I can understand ur take and respect it but you should also understand why people want more tension and realism.

The world is not as friendly and peaceful as manga portrays it. I
Well no shit everyone knows that but so what? It's not our world and it's not supposed to be. More importantly: it doesn't have to be.

"Realism" isn't better and it doesn't automatically make a story good. Some stories are better without it.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Well no shit everyone knows that but so what? It's not our world and it's not supposed to be. More importantly: it doesn't have to be.

"Realism" isn't better and it doesn't automatically make a story good. Some stories are better without it.
Lousy Hero with talk no Jutsu prioritize over action is nothing new and revolutionary. We had heroes like that before.

Horikoshi should add his own original twist not follow the standard shonen formula.

You can't just talk no Jutsu the worst criminals back to normality and give them redemption arc called therapy in prison.

Lousy Hero with talk no Jutsu prioritize over action is nothing new and revolutionary.
I didn't say it was. It also doesn't matter because this isn't "talk no jutsu" in the first place.

You can't just talk no Jutsu the worst criminals back to normality
Obviously and no one said that was going to happen anyway.

Theres a difference between Realism and Formalism. Series like One Piece or MHA are Formalist stories. Which means they don't try to recreate the real world. They are stories that create their own "form" i.e. their own sense of reality and they stick to that reality. In other words: they adhere to their own reality and not ours.

Suddenly making them "rEaLiSTiK" wouldn't improve their stories at all it would only harm their narratives. This is exactly why the DC movies are shit and DC fans despise them because they turned DC into something it never was.

The world is not as friendly and peaceful as manga portrays it. I know it's a manga about things that are not present or real in our world but I can guarantee you that if superpowers existed in our world. Our world would look more like The Boys universe if not worse rather than MHA take.
Like, I can understand this, but at the same time, this is supposed to be an optimistic story. I'd say that the boys is an incredibly cynical text in both the comic and tv series, but I'd say that even if you look at the original comic for the boys, its obvious to see that MHA is trying to explore relatively similar idea's, without turning into a massive edge fest.

At least for the comic, I'd say that MHA is more grounded than the source material for the boys(its also a different premise, since people with quirks are fair more present).

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Like, I can understand this, but at the same time, this is supposed to be an optimistic story. I'd say that the boys is an incredibly cynical text in both the comic and tv series, but I'd say that even if you look at the original comic for the boys, its obvious to see that MHA is trying to explore relatively similar idea's, without turning into a massive edge fest.

At least for the comic, I'd say that MHA is more grounded than the source material for the boys(its also a different premise, since people with quirks are fair more present).
Yeah.

Maybe it's just me getting old and forgetting that this show is not for growing people but rather kids who will serve the purpose of filling the checks for the toys and shit.....

Yeah.

Maybe it's just me getting old and forgetting that this show is not for growing people but rather kids who will serve the purpose of filling the checks for the toys and shit.....
I mean, its an aspirational story.

Having a story that is grim dark for the sake of it is not necessarily any more artisitically valuable than one that is trying to show hope winning out through the worst of circumstances.

Bah...He killed my friend my allies but now he become a good person after my talk no jutsu.
No thanx , i can't stand that shit again .
About MHA , Shigaraki still can be saved from going deep in the darkness but it doesn't mean he can be forgiven , just like villains in Naruto.
That's what I don't want to see in MHA.
If some fans are ok with redemption after killing friends and allies , i don't care . I personally hate that shit.

Bah...He killed my friend my allies but now he become a good person after my talk no jutsu.
No thanx , i can't stand that shit again .
About MHA , Shigaraki still can be saved from going deep in the darkness but it doesn't mean he can be forgiven , just like villains in Naruto.
That's what I don't want to see in MHA.
If some fans are ok with redemption after killing friends and allies , i don't care . I personally hate that shit.
this is basically a free-pass for killing people and then regret it MHA is now copying Naruto I think soon we will have physiological battle with words like in Naruto