My Hero Academia Chapter 308 - All Out

Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
It's interesting to see that Deku is able to talk with the vestiges now, almost like they are constant entities being inside of his head, where as before he was required to go the vestige world. Almost like now they are voices constantly inside his head that are giving him insight and knowledge. I wonder if this is going to be something they stick with, and if we do get that All Might death like I'm personally still expecting, is All Might going to be apart of those thoughts leading to some sort of really emotional moment between Deku and All Might again. It seems like Deku is using a smokescreen to more or less conceal not only his presence from onlookers, but also to obstruct Musculars vision.

It looked like Deku was more or less trying to stay out of sight, by quickly vanishing back into the smoke when he handed Shindo over. Only letting his voice be heard, but I wonder if this is due to the fact he knows people will react wrongly if they see he has multiple quirks or if this is really just a way to obstruct Musculars vision and nothing more. We finally got someone calling Deku out for being a quirk fanatic, and to stop worshipping them. Makes sense that he does though, since it was always what Deku had wanted. So we get to see him utilizing them as extensions of his body, more so like tools, hence the jetpack for Float, and the rope for Black Whip.

In the end it didn't appear to be much of a fight. Deku was basically toying around with Muscular to try and figure out why he was doing these things, lured him away from where he knew there were citizens, and when he knew Muscular wasn't going to talk he basically just said "Okay" and one shot him. It does look like Dekus arms are still at least okay enough to use them for his Smashes, but I hope we get some further insight on what's wrong with his arms or how he's able to. His arms were pretty much wrecked before the war, and he wrecked them even more and from what I can see it looks like he's using his arms without too much issue. Especially with not much time passing after he destroyed his arms in the war.

Deku's gotten much more skilled and is making use of all his new quirks. Pretty impressive.

Muscular mentions that All For One gave him the freedom to pretty much do whatever he wants. I'm interested to see Overhaul's current condition and what he's up to.

I’m surprised Deku has zero drawbacks after destroying his body, when we told earlier in the series that there would be long term consequences if he kept it up.

And I guess he’s gonna try and talk down villains now, not off to the best start though lol

I actually liked Deku trying to talk with Muscular, failing, and just going "nope, stuff it", and beating him anyway.

Feels like some Invincible shit.

So...is Deku a Vigilante now?

Somewhat feels like this now tbh.
Yes and no I guess. We don't really know a whole lot about how the Provisional Licenses work, especially in regards to a situation like this. Deku did pass and has his license, but he also ended up dropping out of school. So it's kind of a gray area because we don't know if him dropping out of school cancels out his license. Realistically you'd think it should, because the whole point of going to the school is too graduate and become a hero. If Deku is able to drop out after receiving his Provisional License after 1 year, and still "legally" pursue this path of a hero, then imo it doesn't make sense for people to stick out the remaining years of school. Just get the Provisional License, drop out, and continue to be a hero.

So this is something that's probably going to have to get touched on, most likely after a few chapters of us spending time with Deku and doing hero work. We will probably get a scene with discussions of what to do with Deku taking place, but with all that's going on Deku may not exactly be a "top priority" if he does qualify as a vigilante because him being the main target is still unknown to a lot of people. We have to at least get some kind of comment on what this means for Dekus license, because as of right now it's unknown on what happens if you do drop out after receiving the license. Unless I missed something, but I don't recall much being touched on in regards to it.

We may ultimately not get anything, and it just ends up getting chalked up to "Japan is in a state of emergency. All heroes report for duty" in which case, Deku would still qualify as a hero I guess? I'd like this to get touched up on though, because it's kind of a confusing topic with people being like "well, no, he's a vigilante now" but we don't have any confirmation on if he is. He's 100% acting like one, doing things on his own, and not really taking anything else into account, but it's that license. That license is something we need more information on and how it works, because "legally" he could technically still qualify as a hero doing legal hero work because of it. We need to know if him leaving school affected his license status at all before we can say for sure.

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
Yes and no I guess. We don't really know a whole lot about how the Provisional Licenses work, especially in regards to a situation like this. Deku did pass and has his license, but he also ended up dropping out of school. So it's kind of a gray area because we don't know if him dropping out of school cancels out his license. Realistically you'd think it should, because the whole point of going to the school is too graduate and become a hero. If Deku is able to drop out after receiving his Provisional License after 1 year, and still "legally" pursue this path of a hero, then imo it doesn't make sense for people to stick out the remaining years of school. Just get the Provisional License, drop out, and continue to be a hero.

So this is something that's probably going to have to get touched on, most likely after a few chapters of us spending time with Deku and doing hero work. We will probably get a scene with discussions of what to do with Deku taking place, but with all that's going on Deku may not exactly be a "top priority" if he does qualify as a vigilante because him being the main target is still unknown to a lot of people. We have to at least get some kind of comment on what this means for Dekus license, because as of right now it's unknown on what happens if you do drop out after receiving the license. Unless I missed something, but I don't recall much being touched on in regards to it.

We may ultimately not get anything, and it just ends up getting chalked up to "Japan is in a state of emergency. All heroes report for duty" in which case, Deku would still qualify as a hero I guess? I'd like this to get touched up on though, because it's kind of a confusing topic with people being like "well, no, he's a vigilante now" but we don't have any confirmation on if he is. He's 100% acting like one, doing things on his own, and not really taking anything else into account, but it's that license. That license is something we need more information on and how it works, because "legally" he could technically still qualify as a hero doing legal hero work because of it. We need to know if him leaving school affected his license status at all before we can say for sure.
Where it say De-cuck drop out of school?