My Hero Academia Chapter 309 Spoilers Thread - Discussion

I like that we are getting flashbacks at least, because one issue I had was we didn't really get to see any reactions to people finding out about Dekus secret. So this gives me hope we are going to get more flashbacks and get more things touched up on, and see more of peoples thoughts and opinions on Dekus power. I don't really know how I feel about "Your body has gotten stronger, so you suffered far much less damage". Like, I get it, it makes sense, his body has gotten stronger, it's more accustomed to the quirk, he can endure more damage, but to me, right now at least, it feels more like it kind of spits on the anxiety we felt during the war.

We were told "Hey, don't keep damaging your arms like this. If you do this again, you could seriously lose the use of your arms. You need to stop with this self destructive behavior". Which we got to Deku learning to use his feet for kicks, and learning to adapt to learn to avoid causing that damage to himself. Which is why when he started destroying his arms again in the war, it caused this massive "Oh no...wait...he's not- he's not supposed to be doing that. Oh crap!" Which fed into the excitement and anxiety, at least for me, of "What's going to happen to his arms!?" It just makes it seem like "Oh you got stronger" was really more of a cop out and I personally don't really like that.

It sounds like he's having some issues, do to the compression gauntlet which I am assuming was put in as a nod to Melissa Shield from the MHA movie, but again, I feel like that's a cop out. Like, I want more consequences for these actions, Deku wasn't supposed to risk doing this, but it sounds like he got out of this relatively fine. I don't need him to be crippled or anything, but something more than just "Yeah, you got stronger. You're good". Also if a compression gauntlet is capable of helping his already semi hurt arms, then what else can a support item do. I don't personally like it, and I felt there should have been more of a consequence for Deku falling back to destroying his arms, especially with how good he was doing at controlling the power and avoiding destroying them again.

I need to see a better or official translation of Best Jeanists quote, because if his quote basically really is "Hey, we can use Deku to find Shigarakis hideout. So I was gonna suggest that he be in the center of this" that's scummy. I get it hero school, want to be a hero, but you've taken 15/16 year old kids into a war, and now you want to use a 15/16 year old as essentially bait for basically the biggest villain in all of Japan. Like, it's Dekus idea, he was gonna do it regardless, but the fact it was probably going to be suggested by Best Jeanist anyway really rubs me the wrong way. I think this does clear up the fact that Deku isn't really a vigilante though, since he is working with Hawks, All Might, Endeaver, and Best Jeanist. So he is probably still being treated as a hero and not a vigilante, which I would have preferred the vigilante route, but this clears up he isn't working alone like was first expected.