My Hero Academia Chapter 318 Discussion Thread

Students don't matter anymore. Deku is jesus.

Bakugo was meant to be his equal and this is long gone.
Nah, I think you're overreacting. Hori wouldn't set up and develop such a large range of characters just to drop them all.

I think its fair to give Hori some time to flesh out the characters who had moments in the war(hell, he's planning to give Sero and Shoji big moments)

they are op what utalking about?
danger sense? aka coo
black whip range
smoke screen + danger sense nasty combo
now fa jin :gokulaugh:
and float counters shigaraki s decay and who the fk knows what quirk the second user has
and they are all powered by ofa strenght
Black Whip was an ability that Deku actually trained to develop.

Abilities like Danger Sense and Smokescreen, while useful, are also not terribly powerful. If anything, Danger Sense has been a net negative for Deku, as its been constantly alerting Deku to threats, and wearing him out endlessly.

Fa Jin is genuinely pretty powerful, but its more of a critical attack, than anything else.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
Nah, Hori did literally just drop an interview where he said Uraraka, Shoji, Sero, Monoma, Shinso and Hawks were going to do stuff.
The point is. These characters are irrelevant to the reader.

Even if they do something it will benefit Deku indirectly or directly.

The point is. These characters are irrelevant to the reader.

Even if they do something it will benefit Deku indirectly or directly.
Nah. I think that Uraraka may have stuff that is Deku centric, but I believe that other characters will also get moments of character investment.

Hori tends to be pretty good at that. Kirishima is a good example of that for me. His fight with Rappa had nothing to do with Deku really, and the moment holds up really well despite that.

Zowo

cry
โ€Ž
Nah. I think that Uraraka may have stuff that is Deku centric, but I believe that other characters will also get moments of character investment.

Hori tends to be pretty good at that. Kirishima is a good example of that for me. His fight with Rappa had nothing to do with Deku really, and the moment holds up really well despite that.
Bakugo has no villain fight:milaugh:
Not even a chance to showcase his power even tough he got 2 power ups

Zowo

cry
โ€Ž
I mean, didn't he literally showcase his power by taking out the villain this chapter?
Fodder? Sorry but that lame
Bakugo had no real 1v1 against a strong ass villain
Did u know last time he used howitzer was in chap 55
Or his big exp from his hands last used against all might in that training arc vs teachers

Fodder? Sorry but that lame
Bakugo had no real 1v1 against a strong ass villain
Did u know last time he used howitzer was in chap 55
Or his big exp from his hands last used against all might in that training arc vs teachers
Why are people fixated on 1 on 1's? Like, if they get a cool team battle, that could also be fine.

Um, did he use it on Shigaraki in 277 as well?

Zowo

cry
โ€Ž
Why are people fixated on 1 on 1's? Like, if they get a cool team battle, that could also be fine.

Um, did he use it on Shigaraki in 277 as well?
He used his gauntlet not his actual hand
Why not? Deku got multiple 1v1s i want to see bakugo fight to
how much he improved
Deku and bakugo are rivals and deku vs bakugo part 3 should happen
how people gonna belive bakugo can do something when he has no feats
How u give him 2 power ups and u dont show shit

Last edited:
He used his gauntlet not his actual hand
Why not? Deku got multiple 1v1s i want to see bakugo fight to
how much he improved
Deku and bakugo are rivals and deku vs bakugo part 3 should happen
how people gonna belive bakugo can do something when he has no feats
How u give him 2 power ups and u dont show shit
I think Bakugo did fine against Shigaraki. And we did see his power up against Ending.

Either way, I don't think that Bakugo is going to be Deku's rival in the typical sense, I think he's going to achieve things by being smarter than Deku.

Zowo

cry
โ€Ž
@JazzMazz i mean what s wrong with wanting a real fight for bakugo?2017 when he had one against deku that shit was 4 years ago and the fight wasnt even against a villain + bakugo had so much development and got sidelined
Post automatically merged:

I think Bakugo did fine against Shigaraki. And we did see his power up against Ending.

Either way, I don't think that Bakugo is going to be Deku's rival in the typical sense, I think he's going to achieve things by being smarter than Deku.
Tell that to bakugo he said they gonna fight when deku will master ofa

Great to see Bakugo again.

Just read the reddit post and agree 100% with that.
I started MHA when it was around chapter 15 and still appreciate the manga, but it never became something I feel like discussing, or had the need to check the spoilers and sometimes I even forgot that a new chapter was released.

@JazzMazz i mean what s wrong with wanting a real fight for bakugo?2017 when he had one against deku that shit was 4 years ago and the fight wasnt even against a villain + bakugo had so much development and got sidelined
I mean, not really? He was very much in the forefront of the PLF arc for a long period of time. He was also a massive stand out in JT, and did cool stuff in Endeavour Agency.

Tell that to bakugo he said they gonna fight when deku will master ofa
Yeah, I'd be fine with that. I want Deku to reject Bakugo.
Horikoshi: Everything cuz I love only Deku.
Dude, I'm someone who wants to go back to the students more than anyone. Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't happen.

Zowo

cry
โ€Ž
I mean, not really? He was very much in the forefront of the PLF arc for a long period of time. He was also a massive stand out in JT, and did cool stuff in Endeavour Agency.
Nothing big
In the war he got shafted only one big exp and gg done saved deku s ass and that was it no new moves no howitzer nothing
How u get 2 power up and u don t even get the chance to show them
It s pathetic meanwhile deku gets to showcase his power every arc he gets all the fights
Like i said deku ain t rejecting shit
rn it s 1-1
deku won at the beggining vs bakugo
then bakugo won in part 2
part 3 it s guaranteed

Hori sure looks like he is rushing for ending i think...

Day 27893646 and Leku is still trash.

Worst mc to have ever graced Shonen.
Mann what have deku done to you lol....

Great to see Bakugo again.

Just read the reddit post and agree 100% with that.
I started MHA when it was around chapter 15 and still appreciate the manga, but it never became something I feel like discussing, or had the need to check the spoilers and sometimes I even forgot that a new chapter was released.
Same lol...now only One piece i have emotionally invested tho..

Nothing big
In the war he got shafted only one big exp and gg done saved deku s ass and that was it no new moves no howitzer nothing
How u get 2 power up and u don t even get the chance to show them
How did he get shafted in the war? He got some of the coolest character moments, and arguably remained relevant for longer than Deku did despite being fatally wounded for 10 chapters.

Like, no shit Deku is going to have more stuff, Deku is the one being targetted, but Bakugo got just as much as any other side character except Deku.
It s pathetic meanwhile deku gets to showcase his power every arc he gets all the fights
Like i said deku ain t rejecting shit
rn it s 1-1
deku won at the beggining vs bakugo
then bakugo won in part 2
part 3 it s guaranteed
Showing off flashy powers aren't everything. Bakugo has enough in the way of power and actual character stuff to make him a big deal.

Zowo

cry
โ€Ž
How did he get shafted in the war? He got some of the coolest character moments, and arguably remained relevant for longer than Deku did despite being fatally wounded for 10 chapters.

Like, no shit Deku is going to have more stuff, Deku is the one being targetted, but Bakugo got just as much as any other side character except Deku.

Showing off flashy powers aren't everything. Bakugo has enough in the way of power and actual character stuff to make him a big deal.
Lol all he did was one big exp and saved deku that s trash even todoroki got more shine against shigaraki and he fought dabi to
:milaugh:
5-6 years and still not a single villain fight to push him to the extreme even kirshima got one:milaugh:

Lol all he did was one big exp and saved deku that s trash even todoroki got more shine against shigaraki and he fought dabi to
:milaugh:
5-6 years and still not a single villain fight to push him to the extreme even kirshima got one:milaugh:
Dude, Bakugo showed himself to be better than even Endeavour when it came to judgement. It was his plans that forced Shigaraki to turn to AFO.

Why villain did Kirishima get?

He didn't defeat the knife guy. He didn't defeat Rappa. Both of those villains were defeated by Fat Gum.