My Hero Academia Chapter 333 Spoilers Thread

I’m baffled by people’s criticisms of this character and this fight, and I think they are some of the dumbest I’ve read on the internet and that’s saying something. But I guess there’s no limit to the stupidity one might encounter on a One Piece forum lol.

The truth is that this was one of the best ways for Horikoshi to give Shigaraki a powerup (or a nerf if that actually happens). The criticism that Horikoshi is making Shigaraki too powerful is obviously invalid since nobody knows what is actually going to happen in the future, and thus people cannot say with certainty what it even means for someone to be “too powerful” lol.

People also need to stop viewing Tomura as a villain for Deku to defeat. We all know Deku is going to “save him” in the end, and so Hori is free to make Tomura as powerful as he wants since Deku becoming stronger than him is not required and never has been.

People also need to stop viewing Tomura as a typical series antagonist like Blackbeard or Pein, ever since the My Villain Academia Saga, Shigaraki might be a villain in the MHA world, but from a writing perspective he is almost like a secondary protagonist who we have been following just like Deku. Like the Sasuke to Deku’s Naruto almost. Or like the Suzaku to Deku’s Lelouch.

As for killing Star, as much as I’ve enjoyed her character, this was a great writing decision. Literally no one is safe from being killed by Horikoshi at this point which significantly adds to the tension of future conflicts and makes all conflicts feel like they have serious weight and consequences. This isn’t One Piece where tension doesn’t exist and Oda will literally behead characters on screen and have them show up fine chapters later with no explanation, this is a series actually trying to create real conflict and tension as anybody’s favorite character could die at this point. My only complaint is that I wish Horikoshi would kill a Class 1A member to fully sell the idea of nobody being safe but I doubt he will.

But yeah lol. Let this chapter be a testament to the fact that people on the internet will pull invalid criticisms from their ass holes regardless of what decisions a writer makes.
I guess the only issue I really had is that it was sort of obvious that Star wasn't going to come out the victor of this confrontation?

But other than that, I think the fight was incredibly well done.

Star dying was not something I anticipated Hori to have the balls to pull off. I'm hoping that going forward he doesn't hesitate killing characters in emotional impactful ways(though of course, they would need to be spaced out). Midnight was a little bit of a dud for me because it was literally off panelled and hasn't been heavily focused on in a while(though that doesn't mean Hori won't put focus on it again). Deaths like what happened in this chapter and what happened with Twice are hopefully what we get for the characters Hori decides to kill off in the future.

I'm hopeful that he actually does kill off a Class 1A member down the line, but again, that is incredibly unlikely.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Almost like Overhaul being right that Quirks are becoming to powerful and need to be erased

They called him a mad man but my man is a prophet
I am a believer of the erasure of quirks in the end of the manga
Some big bombs with erasure quirks bullets
Post automatically merged:

Now the big question : why the fuck AM didn’t give OFA to SnS ?

She would have stomped AFO so bad

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I am a believer of the erasure of quirks in the end of the manga
Some big bombs with erasure quirks bullets

Now the big question : why the fuck AM didn’t give OFA to SnS ?

She would have stomped AFO so bad
All Might wasn’t looking for a strong successor, he was looking for someone with a pure hero’s heart. He himself was quirkless when he received OFA, so he knew how important it was to give OFA to someone with his ideals rather than to simply pass it to the strongest hero, even if that hero was someone like Star who idolized him

Plus Star doesn’t really need OFA, she came this close to All Might without it lol.

So I wonder.. New Order will always combat against someone else's quirk even if its passed along? If thats the case, better to give it to someone whos quirkless. Or he can essentially kill someone off by passing it to someone with a quirk as well. She did the right thing here. Pretty much screwed him big time. This should put out shig and AFO for a while.

hmmmm ... gonna read the chapter first before making a judgement .
and i think i understand some of people disappointment in here ,why introduced new hero only to be killed in 3 chapters? or to be used as hype tool for AFO/shigyy ? but i gonna leave the question for next chapter ...
but i also think that S&S gonna die/removed why?
1 she is look like all might but female ,why? is Horikoshi making fun of marvel female thor or female iron man? lol
2 her quirk is too broken ... kinda hard to heroes/villain to fight with her n we still don,t really know the limitation for her quirk in detalis, because alter reality is hard to write as super power ....
personally i prefer her to be sealed like satoru gojo than to be killed but oh well ....

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
He wanted a young student not an established hero I think.
All Might wasn’t looking for a strong successor, he was looking for someone with a pure hero’s heart. He himself was quirkless when he received OFA, so he knew how important it was to give OFA to someone with his ideals rather than to simply pass it to the strongest hero, even if that hero was someone like Star who idolized him

Plus Star doesn’t really need OFA, she came this close to All Might without it lol.
Yeah SnS didn’t really need it but from what she showed I don’t think she hasn’t a true hero heart. She is a bit reckless but she is kind, good hearted, put her friends above the missions, ready to sacrifice herself etc. Except her brash side she was a « perfect » candidate.

Maybe she would be TOO powerful so he didn’t give her