NARUTO TOP99 RESULTS ARE IN

Are you happy with the results

• Total voters
Therein lies your problem lol.

Minato vs Itachi was the biggest debate during Naruto's run, only Naruto vs Sasuke rivalled it. And tbh Naruto vs Sasuke only really overtook them when Itachi became irrelevant power wise, otherwise those 2 were overshadowing the main characters with not even a tenth of their panel time.
Wasn't it Pain vs Itachi? At least when it came to powerscaling.

I used to watch some YT videos back then, this used to be a debate back then.

On the other hand, I had seen Minato's power moreso often being compared with the 2nd and 3rd hokages0

Kakashi comfortably cracks the top 5 in popularity, maybe even above Naruto and Sasuke during different points of the manga.
Oh yeah, Kakashi too popped up from time to time.

I really can understand Kakashi, Itachi and Pain fanbases.... I mean I get the appeal.
What has Minato even DONE lol? I don't get it.

I mean, towards the end he did some stuff when reanimated.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Wasn't it Pain vs Itachi? At least when it came to powerscaling.

I used to watch some YT videos back then, this used to be a debate back then.

On the other hand, I had seen Minato's power moreso often being compared with the 2nd and 3rd hokages0

Oh yeah, Kakashi too popped up from time to time.

I really can understand Kakashi, Itachi and Pain fanbases.... I mean I get the appeal.
What has Minato even DONE lol? I don't get it.

I mean, towards the end he did some stuff when reanimated.
Minato was like the golden retriever version of Itachi. Cool, hax, author's pet, direct blood ties to Naruto (just like Itachi and Sasuke).

He was always the gold standard Naruto kept being compared to, just as Itachi was the standard Sasuke was compared to. He already had a huge fanbase before he was even shown doing a single thing in the manga.

And then when his time came he capitalized off all that hype in badass fashion. He's the cool gary stu member of that Jiraiya, Naruto camp.

Cap.

At the peak of Naruto discussions, Minato was always among the most popular characters.

Itachi, Minato, Kakashi, Sasuke, Naruto I'd say are top 5. Can't think of any other characters who can break this top 5. The combination of Minato's popularity and lack of focus in the main story is why it's no surprise he won, and why Itachi was right behind him.
Eh, perhaps top 5 is okay. I was thinking more of Japan, but maybe he's just that popular in west.

Itachi, Kakashi, Sasuke and Naruto will all be ahead of him though, zero doubt regarding that. Sakura and Hinat might get close with their cult fanbases.

Minato had an overwhelming victory.

As expected by the guy that introduced me to Anime and Manga, the guy that gave me my user name.

The guy that made me a debater that didnt sleep over nights so I could have the best arguments defending his superiority over any ninja not named Hokage Naruto. Yes, even superior to Hashirama.