New One Piece Editor: Iwasaki Yuuji

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
As long as this guy can help Oda steer the ship back on course, that’s all that matters. I think the author and anyone else in the process hyped Wano up way too much a few years ago, and none of them knew how to live up the expectations they set.

Or maybe this dude will tell him to do another, much longer Reverie arc...this would possibly be the one thing I wouldn’t complain about :dogood:

As long as this guy can help Oda steer the ship back on course, that’s all that matters. I think the author and anyone else in the process hyped Wano up way too much a few years ago, and none of them knew how to live up the expectations they set.

Or maybe this dude will tell him to do another, much longer Reverie arc...this would possibly be the one thing I wouldn’t complain about :dogood:
What if this new editor tell oda to pull the black clover...?
:dogood::dogood::dogood::dogood:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Not sure since i also dont read bc but i heard Some said that bc have more fights than story...so maybe oda take note on that?
Well, that should make the Boys in the Battledome happy...but fights haven’t been Oda’s weakness lately (although he hasn’t shown as many as he used to), it’s the storyline that needs more oversight. Just hope this new guy won’t become a part of the echo chamber right away and actually provides the author with the kind of critical editing OP really needs at the moment.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I dunno when it comes to a younger guy. We don't need a "whoa Oda sensei is so amazing" editor, more like someone who will ask him for a character design before he puts the silhouette in the manga.
This x1000, would much rather have an adult in the room whose mission isn’t solely to suck Oda’s balls every time he draws another pointless character with a wAcKy power 🙄

F

Fallen Prince

Thats an interesting move , black clover has good fighting scenes and not a bad plotline . Though i think he needed an editor who can make good fighting panel . I think even oda acknowledges he is not good at fight panels and hyping up wao to be better than marineford needs heavy task . Hopefully , it happens and it shows oda wants to improve and i have great respect .

Thats an interesting move , black clover has good fighting scenes and not a bad plotline . Though i think he needed an editor who can make good fighting panel . I think even oda acknowledges he is not good at fight panels and hyping up wao to be better than marineford needs heavy task . Hopefully , it happens and it shows oda wants to improve and i have great respect .
The thing which I am afraid of the most is that they maybe brought someone like this because Oda might be in panic. This makes me automatically panic.

F

Fallen Prince

Thanks for the comforting words, but my Spidey senses are tingling. :sus:

He didn't pull such a thing for Marineford, or did he?
Not sure about it , but editors are usually sacked if sales dip or move out for better position . It shows Oda does not play around if sales plummet massive respect for a person most dont have that consistent sales for 20+ years but you can easily tell he has prestige issue with wano and he wants good ending despite hiccups .
Post automatically merged:

On whole i think Oda was probably not happy with lukewarm reception he got with WCI arc . The arc was heavily polarized ,lot of mistakes were made when wrapping up wci arc . He did not reveal the fate of germa and Sun pirates it was not really climax but rather the hype about them were disappointing . Adding to it Big mom hunger attack , Oven and Daifuku were poorly portrayed .

- Sweet commander like smoothie was sidelined , No panel on snack and why was he kicked out ?

- biggest disappointment was sanji not getting any fight , Oda had to salvage with Germa raid suit as an apology to fans (especially sanji fanboys)

Katakuri was big savior of this arc trust me WCI is saved by katakuri's character design and fight .

Last edited by a moderator: