Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
He shouldn’t write things in One Piece if he’s just gonna push it under the rug in a SBS.
Agree. I think most of the time it happens it's because of contracts, tight schedule and bureaucracy and not because Oda forgot or doesn't want to.
Yamato had potential, but he turned her into a fan service character and made her have no personality of her own.
No offence but Yamato was a fan service from the very start, Oda didn't "turn" her into anything. If you go back to the old thread, most of Yamato stuff that was said in there is just a pure headcanon.

Agree. I think most of the time it happens it's because of contracts, tight schedule and bureaucracy and not because Oda forgot or doesn't want to.

No offence but Yamato was a fan service from the very start, Oda didn't "turn" her into anything. If you go back to the old thread, most of Yamato stuff that was said in there is just a pure headcanon.
Characters who only exist for fan service are trash IMO. They take time away from genuine characters who could use those panels for character development.

Hancock already said she has to leave, and did say she will head towards Luffy

Speaking of, the Egghead incident happens the next day in story right? Is there a chance both Law, Bepo and Hancock manage to get to Egghead the next day in story? Summit War trio reunion? @TEACH D TEACH

:zorothink:
Boa’s said similar things before (I think she fantasized about their wedding during Marineford?) so it’s hard to tell if this was a gag or not. Oda is difficult to read sometimes.

Leaving Amazon Lily is a new development, as long as she's there they will keep sending marines. Her marrying Luffy is the gag
That’s what I was saying lol

Her leaving Amazon Lily doesn’t necessarily mean she’ll be anything more than your average pirate. The Grand Fleet seems the most likely since all of the Kuja Pirates can join it, but I’ll be surprised if she actually becomes a Straw Hat.

That’s what I was saying lol

Her leaving Amazon Lily doesn’t necessarily mean she’ll be anything more than your average pirate. The Grand Fleet seems the most likely since all of the Kuja Pirates can join it, but I’ll be surprised if she actually becomes a Straw Hat.
Nobody is joining the grand fleet, the narrator stated that those in Dressrosa are the ones responsible for the big incident

and what I mean her marrying Luffy is the gag, but her going towards him since she's not held back by the island isn't

Nobody is joining the grand fleet, the narrator stated that those in Dressrosa are the ones responsible for the big incident

and what I mean her marrying Luffy is the gag, but her going towards him since she's not held back by the island isn't
I think her joining is a good thing
+ Sisters
Didn't oda say when 1 joins a whole bunch will join

My understanding was that the Grand Fleet is always growing, meaning that anyone could join it if they wanted to.

I wonder how long it will take for Oda to develop Boa’s character then. :few:

+ Sisters
I’ve never heard him say that in anything before.

Yeah the Grand fleet is reserved for the most random 4th level characters ever, so no Boas, no Yamatos, no Carrots, anyone who had more than a few panels or you can still rebember their name isn't GF material.

Or basically anyone below Bartolomeo.

Also a very nice theory is that the GF has 5640 members and if you add the actual SH you get 5650, the idea is that 6 more members in some capacity will join the SH and it becomes a big gomu gomu pun of 56-56, aka 5656 members.

My understanding was that the Grand Fleet is always growing, meaning that anyone could join it if they wanted to.

I wonder how long it will take for Oda to develop Boa’s character then. :few:

I’ve never heard him say that in anything before.
might have mistaken it with "they'll each grow in power"

There's a reason why despite gaining so many allies since then nobody has yet to join the fleet

Yeah the Grand fleet is reserved for the most random 4th level characters ever, so no Boas, no Yamatos, no Carrots, anyone who had more than a few panels or you can still rebember their name isn't GF material.

Or basically anyone below Bartolomeo.

Also a very nice theory is that the GF has 5640 members and if you add the actual SH you get 5650, the idea is that 6 more members in some capacity will join the SH and it becomes a big gomu gomu pun of 56-56, aka 5656 members.
People treat One Piece like it’s a huge Easter Egg Hunt but is Oda really that smart? I mean, he’s definitely hinted at many things before and Skypiea is one of those examples, but would he really make a hint about such a specific thing with numbers and puns?

We also need to keep in mind that as long as it hasn’t been written, he can change his mind at any given time. He could say “3 more Straw Hats will join” only for 1 to join in the end.

+ Sisters
he did say that years ago but I'm not sure if its still valid, it would fit with my summit war trio crack theory tho :pepebusi:

Also don't see her sisters joining, they'll probably stay with the kuja

People treat One Piece like it’s a huge Easter Egg Hunt but is Oda really that smart? I mean, he’s definitely hinted at many things before and Skypiea is one of those examples, but would he really make a hint about such a specific thing with numbers and puns?

We also need to keep in mind that as long as it hasn’t been written, he can change his mind at any given time. He could say “3 more Straw Hats will join” only for 1 to join in the end.
He can definetly change his mind but i think you can make some assumptions based on what the man has wrote.

For instance he's made a bunch of Yonko bounties be puns on their names, Rogers bounty has his name on it and is suspiciously right below an ideal 5.6 B bounty that Luffy could have.

Same reason i believe Zoro final bounty will be 3.6B since it reads Zo-Lo and it's slighty above Mihawk new bounty.

The setup is there he can just dip out if he wants tho

Here we go again.

I'll split this into three parts for my sanity.

1. Nakama left behind
2. Oden's Will and the Ancient History of Wano
3. Pluton and other lose ends

1. Nakama Left Behind

There have been two instances of Nakama being promised seats on the crew before Wano; Vivi in Alabasta, and Jinbei in Fishman Island. Wano had... four. Yamato, Momo, Kinemon, and Tama (with a Ninjutsu necessity), were all given invites by Luffy.

Carrot is another story that can be addressed outside of Wano in multiple ways when it comes to joining, and you can argue Momo and Kinemon will never be able to travel due to their commitment to Wano, but, Tama and Yamato have DIRECT ties to Ace, and both wanted to sail out of Wano with him.

This series is about Inherited Will, and if Ace's Will was to sail with Yamato and Tama, and Luffy met and freed both of them, it stands to reason they will sail on the Sunny.

No other island has had close to this many people with direct invites to sail on the ship, who wanted to sail at the end of their arc, but couldn't for other reasons.

So, why was that, exactly? Why did Oda leave them all behind? Well, that's because, we never really finished Wano, did we?

2. Oden's WIll and the Ancient History of Wano

Oden's Will was never fully about Kaido. It was to open the borders of Wano. Oden knew of Joy Boy, and wanted the country to be ready to welcome Joy Boy (Luffy).

This is why Yamato couldn't leave; she wishes to fulfill the Will of Oden, and won't leave Wano until its borders are open. However, she ties much deeper into things.

Wano has a history of racism that is still unaddressed. The Kurozumi were persecuted heavily, and we now know from the SBS that Tama is a Kurozumi. The cycle of hatred and revenge hasn't been broken; once Yamato is well known as the child of Kaido, and Tama as a Kurozumi, they will be hunted.

This connects back to the Ancient History of Wano, as Kaido stated Oni/Ogres could never get along with humans.

The history of the Ancient Oni race is a mystery we have little info on so far. We know Vegapunk tried to clone Ancient Oni in Punk Hazard (the Numbers), and that Oni like Oars were gigantic. But, there's so many missing links between Oars, and the giant Oni skull that makes up Onigashima.

Yamato is the key to unlocking that history of persecution against Oni. I believe that Onigashima is Joy Boy's skull, and that Joy Boy died holding up Wano, which is why the country looks the way it does. Either way, the history of the Oni race and Yamato is clearly important to the narrative, just like the extinction of Dragons and the Celestial Dragons obsession with them.

This isn't even addressing the lack of Ryuma lore and Ancient History lore, and Toki's backstory.

3. Pluton and other lose ends

Which brings us to Pluton. Oden's Will was to open Wano. How does that happen? Well, not only does Wano lose its greatest defense, the Borders Opening also unleashes the Ancient Weapon Pluton.

Pluton has been the focus of two different arcs, and mentioned all over the place in the story. Crocodile and CP9, two main villains of the Straw Hats, both fought for the sake of reaching Pluton. Oda isn't going to offscreen the Ancient Weapon he's spent the most time on in the story.

Pluton's presence is a giant Chevok's gun, and guess who knows about it? Yep, Caribou. The Swamp Guy. And guess where he is? Egghead Island. And guess who has a ship sailing to Egghead Island? The Blackbeard Pirates.

When we ended Wano, Luffy gave Momo the Straw Hat's flag, and told him to hang it high, and point to it if they ever got attacked.

Blackbeard's forces are all near Wano, and Caribou is right next to some Blackbeard Pirates to tell them where Pluton is.

So, post Egghead will be the Straw Hats protecting Wano as multiple forces attack it, with Blackbeard trying to take Pluton the focus.

This will allow Dr. Vegapunk to use his knowledge of artificial Devil Fruits to heal the SMILE users, the Straw Hats to reunite with Yamato, Momo and the rest, Zoro will get his backstory, Kaido and Big Mom will have their defeats addressed in some way, and some other crazy shit will happen.

Oda loves Oden so fucking much, there's no way he's going to offscreen Oden's dream, the Borders Opening.

People just hate Wano and don't want to go back to it.

But, we will.

Egghead will get ripped to shreds, S-Bear will do a Kuma teleport, and we'll get to Act 4 of Wano for Pluton and the Borders Opening.

People can hate it as much as they want, Oda doesn't abandon big plot points like that. The series is all about character's Will and Dreams. We've all seen how Oda wanks Oden, good luck convincing me he's going to offscreen the ultimate Oden wank.
This crazy motherfucker just convinced me of Wano act 4. No. God fucking no. I don't want to go back. No more Oden wank. Fucking stop the Oden wank.
I don't want Lamato. I don't want Lama. I want Wmoker and Wivi. :parkcry::parkcry::parkcry:

lmao the most walmart version of spy x family ever :suresure:
Why are you hating like that:endthis:
Post automatically merged:

Boa is already part of the Kuja Pirates. I don’t know who would rule over Amazon Lily if she isn’t there to protect it, considering how powerful her DF is.

Pudding will probably go back with the Big Mom Pirates since they’re still her family.

Romance in One Piece seems more like an EoS sort of thing, with Oda setting it up gradually throughout the series so he can tie it all together in the end.
Mihawk will rule the kuja as the real heir of the clan:kuzanshut:

I see them as most likely in descending order

Hancock - Most likely scenario for her and the crew, she needs to leave her homeland, she has strength, has history with Luffy, Rayleigh and the world government and has the gag with Luffy that can be extended to others like turning Sanji and Brook to stone or be jealous of girls.

Vegapunk + Stussy - They two will remain together for Stussy to protect him, but they can seek shelter with the revo instead SH

Law + Bepo - I see the possibility of them teaming up against Teach to rescue his crew

Smoker - He was already portrayed as an honest Marine and may lead the navy before Koby is ready

I see them as most likely in descending order

Hancock - Most likely scenario for her and the crew, she needs to leave her homeland, she has strength, has history with Luffy, Rayleigh and the world government and has the gag with Luffy that can be extended to others like turning Sanji and Brook to stone or be jealous of girls.

Vegapunk + Stussy - They two will remain together for Stussy to protect him, but they can seek shelter with the revo instead SH

Law + Bepo - I see the possibility of them teaming up against Teach to rescue his crew

Smoker - He was already portrayed as an honest Marine and may lead the navy before Koby is ready
I’m a fan of Boa. She could put Amazon lily under the protection of Luffy a yonkou to make up for her lost Titel of Warlord. And stussy would also be a great addition and with Yamato joining we would really have an OP crew that could rival the WG for the final war.

CoC: Color of Clowns

We Shall Sail On Every Light Wave
This crazy motherfucker just convinced me of Wano act 4. No. God fucking no. I don't want to go back. No more Oden wank. Fucking stop the Oden wank.
I don't want Lamato. I don't want Lama. I want Wmoker and Wivi. :parkcry::parkcry::parkcry:
Think of Act 4 as a mini-arc that fixes all of Act 3's worst issues.

I definitely understand why very few people want to go back to Wano.

We'll Vivi soon, too, and probably Smoker. With all of the Revolutionary stuff, and Kuma being a king who was "killed" by the WG, Vivi fits right into the current arc. Same with Smoker and the Sword stuff; Aokiji leaving the Marines, Koby and Sword being unofficial Marines who can ignore orders, all connects back to Smoker's constant issues with the Marine power structure.

Since Vegapunk is the one working on the Punk Hazard kids, if the WG/Marines are trying to kill him, I could see Smoker turning on them.

Pedro unironically makes more sense to join the crew than Tama, and he's dead :optimistic:
Don't count Zombie Pedro out for Nakama. He's got one foot in the grave, but the other foot is in the Nakama race.

Last edited:
Or Wano just comes up in a cutaway sequence cause we've been doing that a lot this arc
I have a feeling Oda wants to wrap up most of the preparations for after the Egghead arc, before he dives into the happening on Egghead itself, that will now be heating up.

I just wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves romance out of the main plot until EoS, if at all.
Yes, but think about Cobra and what his last wish was for Vivi - go marry a man.

I think One Piece hides many things and is very fun to analyse. Along that Oda had so many plot-strands still open makes it very interesting.

Last edited: