Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
you can tell the fanbase is starving for the next female character to be a straw hat
cause just about every prominent one in the story recently always has a sizeable fanbase pushing them to be the next one lol.
Yeah people used to root for Monet even after punk Hazard ended some people thought she survived somehow and that she would join because the crew "needed" a logia for some reason.

you can tell the fanbase is starving for the next female character to be a straw hat
cause just about every prominent one in the story recently always has a sizeable fanbase pushing them to be the next one lol.
There's 7 male Straw Hats on the crew (not counting Luffy) and only 2 female Straw Hats. That's a pretty uneven scale.

At this point, I'm pretty sure everyone's expecting the last one to be female because of this. :smoothy:

Because here on WG grieving doesn't work like that. It'll take at least a year for everyone to get over it. :milaugh:
And because these 2 are the only legit candidates there's been in the story since Brook.

I mean look at the options, ignoring Caribou which is obviously a SH what else do we have? Vegapunk/Bonney, 2 characters introduced one chapter ago.

0 Narrative reasons for them to be SHs

If you put strength and hax aside these what the "candidates" can do for usefulness

Hancock : nothing

Vivi : nothing

Bonney : nothing

Smoker : nothing

Yamato : nothing

Carrot : she got great hearing with her bunny eyes and probably her nose can sniff out people scent

Caribou can hide multiple people in him, hide objects, hide lots of food

It clear who the perfect crewmate :kayneshrug:

If you put strength and hax aside these what the "candidates" can do for usefulness

Carrot : she got great hearing with her bunny eyes and probably her nose can sniff out people scent

Sounds biased. If food is what gives Luffy strength then Caribou would already be "hax" by your logic. Try harder. :suresure:

Hancock: Definitely OP. I can only see her going with them EoS, but she already has her own pirate crew. Kuja Pirates, isn't it? She's also very rude and egotistical most of the time (kicking animals that are in her path, expecting compliments and commenting on her own beauty often) and her only bond is with Luffy.

Vivi: I think someone suggested her being a diplomat at one point. Unless she gets a DF or something similar to what Nami has then I don't see her being very helpful in terms of strength. Also, who would take care of Arabasta while she's gone? Koza? Igaram? Pell? Chaka?! Goodness sakes, we don't even know the state that Arabasta is in right now! It's too soon to consider her for anything until we know what happened to her and if she's even okay.

Bonney: She can age people up, and she's been shown to have great quick thinking skills and can get out of difficult situations by utilizing both her mind and appearance. She has almost no relationship with the Straw Hats though, so probably not a possibility.

Smoker: He's a Logia, so he's already pretty strong. There's just one problem... He's a Marine. I don't get why people even think this is a possibility. No. It's not happening!

Yamato: Journal Writer, perhaps? She could be the one who writes about their adventures. She's also good at fighting and already developed a bond with Luffy. Her Oden obsession is already a turnoff from her character though. The last panel that she was in represented her biggest flaw perfectly.

Carrot: Her fighting style is unique and she's already developed a bond with all of the Straw Hats and not just Luffy. She's a step above Yamato in that regard. She's already shown that she has the skills of a lookout as demonstrated in Whole Cake Island, so the position is already there. I can't say she's shown any leadership skills though... :crazwhat:

Caribou: A portable fridge, but with a knife always pointing at your back. A double-edged sword. Talking seriously and logically, he will never be a Straw Hat or even in the Grand Fleet. No. It's not happening, either! :finally:

The position for the 10th crewmember/nakama remains unclear. Only Oda can tell us for sure.

Sounds biased. If food is what gives Luffy strength then Caribou would already be "hax" by your logic. Try harder. :suresure:

Hancock: Definitely OP. I can only see her going with them EoS, but she already has her own pirate crew. Kuja Pirates, isn't it? She's also very rude and egotistical most of the time (kicking animals that are in her path, expecting compliments and commenting on her own beauty often) and her only bond is with Luffy.

Vivi: I think someone suggested her being a diplomat at one point. Unless she gets a DF or something similar to what Nami has then I don't see her being very helpful in terms of strength. Also, who would take care of Arabasta while she's gone? Koza? Igaram? Pell? Chaka?! Goodness sakes, we don't even know the state that Arabasta is in right now! It's too soon to consider her for anything until we know what happened to her and if she's even okay.

Bonney: She can age people up, and she's been shown to have great quick thinking skills and can get out of difficult situations by utilizing both her mind and appearance. She has almost no relationship with the Straw Hats though, so probably not a possibility.

Smoker: He's a Logia, so he's already pretty strong. There's just one problem... He's a Marine. I don't get why people even think this is a possibility. No. It's not happening!

Yamato: Journal Writer, perhaps? She could be the one who writes about their adventures. She's also good at fighting and already developed a bond with Luffy. Her Oden obsession is already a turnoff from her character though. The last panel that she was in represented her biggest flaw perfectly.

Carrot: Her fighting style is unique and she's already developed a bond with all of the Straw Hats and not just Luffy. She's a step above Yamato in that regard. She's already shown that she has the skills of a lookout as demonstrated in Whole Cake Island, so the position is already there. I can't say she's shown any leadership skills though... :crazwhat:

Caribou: A portable fridge, but with a knife always pointing at your back. A double-edged sword. Talking seriously and logically, he will never be a Straw Hat or even in the Grand Fleet. No. It's not happening, either! :finally:

The position for the 10th crewmember/nakama remains unclear. Only Oda can tell us for sure.
All I read was "muh powerlevels" try harder :risicheck:

Yamato Journal Writer? How is that useful? Lol
That wouldn't be her sole purpose... goofball. I said that she's a good fighter, and to add onto that she is a Zoan like Luffy.

Crewmembers don't need to have a great position or be a powerhouse to be part of the crew. Usopp hasn't gotten much stronger since Dressrosa, and the Observation Haki or whatever it was he saw when he shot that thing into Sugar's mouth was subtle.

We haven't seen much from him since. Some characters take longer to develop in terms of strength than others, but you can't deny ones that actually have a chance just because of your agenda which you've made clear.

Also, Luffy will only bring along people that he and his crew like (Zoro and Sanji bicker, but it's comic relief) so to him it doesn't matter if they're on par with him or close to it. His entire crew consists of his friends, who he considers to be like his family even.

Stop with the bait posts. I've already explained everything about what I felt needed to be said. This will most likely be my final reply to you about this unless I feel that I should answer again.

That wouldn't be her sole purpose... goofball. I said that she's a good fighter, and to add onto that she is a Zoan like Luffy.

Crewmembers don't need to have a great position or be a powerhouse to be part of the crew. Usopp hasn't gotten much stronger since Dressrosa, and the Observation Haki or whatever it was he saw when he shot that thing into Sugar's mouth was subtle.

We haven't seen much from him since. Some characters take longer to develop in terms of strength than others, but you can't deny ones that actually have a chance just because of your agenda which you've made clear.

Also, Luffy will only bring along people that he and his crew like (Zoro and Sanji bicker, but it's comic relief) so to him it doesn't matter if they're on par with him or close to it. His entire crew consists of his friends, who he considers to be like his family even.

Stop with the bait posts. I've already explained everything about what I felt needed to be said. This will most likely be my final reply to you about this unless I feel that I should answer again.
Lol I don't give a fuck about powerlevels but that all you talking bye :hapnoel:

None of them would join but Vivi (who already WAS a member)... Hancock maybe but I'm not 100%... The rest are just plain dumb picks at this point..

The fact that you're comparing those with Carrot and Pedro tells me there's something wrong with your head..
It's called a comparassion. I mean is it hard to piece together that the guy who killed himself literally phsycally verbally passed on his ambition to Carrot before dieing? Can it be more obvious?

Literally a case of your hatred blinds you, saying Pedro story is just about Pedro and not Carrot is as retarded as saying Bellmers story is about her and not Nami, or Tom/Franky.

Maybe you didn't like the way it was portrayed but it's literally the same idea

That's how writting works, otherwise you could have just had Carrot died to further Pedro's arc and not the other way around

It's called a comparassion. I mean is it hard to piece together that the guy who killed himself literally phsycally verbally passed on his ambition to Carrot before dieing? Can it be more obvious?

Literally a case of your hatred blinds you, saying Pedro story is just about Pedro and not Carrot is as retarded as saying Bellmers story is about her and not Nami, or Tom/Franky.

Maybe you didn't like the way it was portrayed but it's literally the same idea

That's how writting works, otherwise you could have just had Carrot died to further Pedro's arc and not the other way around
They nowhere near comparable..:lawsigh:

Pedro never passed his ambition to Carrot he was using her as tool to emphasize his last moments..
Carrot and Pedro's relationship is non existent.. Comparing Bellemere and Nami to them is fucking disgusting..

Carrot only knew Pedro for 5 years.. 2 panel flashback dogshit character..

They nowhere near comparable..:lawsigh:
Do you want me to use Rebeca so you don't get so trigered ? Dafuk :luuh: it's the same Oda trope of mentor/parental figure dying for teh sake of their "kids".

Pedro never passed his ambition to Carrot he was using her as tool to emphasize his last moments..
I mean this is so provely false i'm not going to bother, how many times as it been posted the last panels of Carrot where they say she inherits Pedro's will, not to mention he verbally tells her to do what he wanted to do. Like bruh

Carrot and Pedro's relationship is non existent.. Comparing Bellemere and Nami to them is fucking disgusting..

Carrot only knew Pedro for 5 years.. 2 panel flashback dogshit character..
I mean this is just a joke, Bellmere was also with Nami for like 7 years, Rebbeca had her mom only for 6 years, Luffy has a rocket up his ass to meet Shanks and he met him for 1 year only.

Is luffy and Shanks relanioship non existing aswell? It's ONLY 1/5 of 5 years.

You have to much of a hateboner to discuss anythign about Carrot, you hate her we get it.

:lawsigh:

Edit: I also have no idea where you found the 5 year thing with Pedro, i don't see that info anywhere