Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Carrot had a sad event and that is shaping her
Her fight against Perospero is a proof of this as her will was put to the test during her fight. So no, it doesn't change the writing of Oda since it has the same impact
From Zoro to Brooke, Oda dedicated a flashback for each of them for development and context. It was a big deal for each of their arcs, but Carrot gets to be different just because?

Luffy's crew is not like WB each member has a function that they excel at, please conjure up some way a Samurai could be an role that she excels in besides her being broken strong, which makes Zoro redudant.
Did Rayleigh become redundant when Oden joined the Roger Pirates?

There’s nothing wrong with the idea of Yamato excelling in her role by being strong. Zoro and Usopp both have pure combat roles already. And tbh, so does Luffy, going back to his speech against Arlong.

”I can’t do X, Y Z!”

”Then why are you the captain? What can you do?”

”I can beat you.”

Does that make Zoro redundant?
You're the one that seems to be tripping on this point, you're headcanoning that somehow in some way Momo is going to discover the true history and then open the borders as oposed to what he actually said of not opening the borders because he can't protect Wano.
So let’s make this clear.

Are you saying that Momo will never open the borders, which would be bonkers?

Or are you saying that he will but only when he reaches some arbitary level of strength?

Cause I personally think “I don‘t know why my dad wanted to open the borders because he ripped that page out of his journal” is a pretty clear sign that when Momo does find out that information that’s when he‘ll do it.

You already conceited Yamato staying in Wano is just as valid as going with Luffy, but it's actually the only thing that matters is protecting Momo.

Traveling with Luffy acomplishes dogsht if she did, someone could just invade Wano
There’s a multitude of samurai to protect Momo and he wants to get strong enough to do it himself.

What I’m saying is that Oda has left the door open for Yamato to join the crew in the future once she thinks Wano is secure.

And that doing so would still help open the borders.

If Oda actually will do it, I don‘t know, and with the way Wano ended, I don’t really care. But the option is very much alive because even after Yamato decided to stay behind, she still says she wants to be a Strawhat and has an invite to join in the future (which she is delighted at).

And to cycle all the way back to the beginning, this shits on Carrot.

So once again, your biggest counter argument is that I'm just a Carrot hater. Wasn't I a Yamabro at first according to you?
Right, if only you spent more time answering what her role would be instead of overplaying whatever insults you think i gave you.
Post automatically merged:

Did Rayleigh become redundant when Oden joined the Roger Pirates?

There’s nothing wrong with the idea of Yamato excelling in her role by being strong. Zoro and Usopp both have pure combat roles already. And tbh, so does Luffy, going back to his speech against Arlong.

”I can’t do X, Y Z!”

”Then why are you the captain? What can you do?”

”I can beat you.”

Does that make Zoro redundant?

So let’s make this clear.

Are you saying that Momo will never open the borders, which would be bonkers?

Or are you saying that he will but only when he reaches some arbitary level of strength?

Cause I personally think “I don‘t know why my dad wanted to open the borders because he ripped that page out of his journal” is a pretty clear sign that when Momo does find out that information that’s when he‘ll do it.

There’s a multitude of samurai to protect Momo and he wants to get strong enough to do it himself.

What I’m saying is that Oda has left the door open for Yamato to join the crew in the future once she thinks Wano is secure.

And that doing so would still help open the borders.

If Oda actually will do it, I don‘t know, and with the way Wano ended, I don’t really care. But the option is very much alive because even after Yamato decided to stay behind, she still says she wants to be a Strawhat and has an invite to join in the future (which she is delighted at).

And to cycle all the way back to the beginning, this shits on Carrot.
I don't even get the Rayleigh comparasion. You're comparing the PK random fighter with the specific SH crew with established roles

"Or are you saying that he will but only when he reaches some arbitary level of strength?"

Why do you think Momo said he didnt want to put Wano at risk or why do you think Yamato stayed behind like bruh

Last edited:
I don't even get the Rayleigh comparasion.
Zoro = Ray

Yamato = Oden

Oden was actually even more useful than Yamato since he could read RP?

Did he make Ray redundant? And is Zoro redundant because Luffy is also a fighter?
You're comparing the PK random fighter with the specific SH crew with established roles
No I’m comparing the two right hand men of the PK with Kozuki Oden and the person who wants to be Kozuki Oden.

Why do you think Momo said he didnt want to put Wano at risk or why do you think Yamato stayed behind like bruh
Do you think Momo will open the borders?

Momo didn’t do it because, crucially, he doesn’t know why he should.

Yamato stayed because she doesn’t think Momo is strong enough yet to watch Wano- but she also is looking to going with the crew eventually.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I know right? You would think that the end of Wano would end all Yamato vs Carrot discussions but some people are just too damn stubborn to let it go and move on.
I'm so glad I was around for the Monet4Nakama crash cause if not, my tolerance would be too weak to handle all this coping. People are seriously still claiming only Yamato fans don't think Carrot will reappear and join lol. They both gone and ain't coming back

@Warback based on your avi, you want both Yamato and Carrot on the crew, why being so aggressive towards Yamato on those last several pages:choppawhat:

Imo, both character had some points towards then joining (I legit thought Carrot would join by the end of WCI even though I wasn't too happy about that, and I still believe she might pop up somehow) or not joining (like Carrot fading into a supporting character in Wano or Yamato bonding way too much with Momo and way too little with the actual SH crew).
Both were thrown away, although in Yamato case it's Vivi or Jinbe kinda situation and in Carrot's case we are just left wondering wtf happened.
That's why I wanna see them on cover stories :)

@Warback based on your avi, you want both Yamato and Carrot on the crew, why being so aggressive towards Yamato on those last several pages:choppawhat:

Imo, both character had some points towards then joining (I legit thought Carrot would join by the end of WCI even though I wasn't too happy about that, and I still believe she might pop up somehow) or not joining (like Carrot fading into a supporting character in Wano or Yamato bonding way too much with Momo and way too little with the actual SH crew).
Both were thrown away, although in Yamato case it's Vivi or Jinbe kinda situation and in Carrot's case we are just left wondering wtf happened.
That's why I wanna see them on cover stories :)
Because the shitiest takes i've ever heard in my life come from people that criticize Carrot and they always put Yamato in a pedestal comparetively.

Then they spend 30m saying they don't hate Carrot or aren't Yamato fans but somehow have the shitiest takes possible, like Ussop is the lookout and Carrot was never depicted as a lookout.

I guess it's just a massive coincidence and not agenda at all.

Like i said it's amazing i spent 99% of my time defending Carrot from "totally innocent unbiased readers" but never had to defend Yamato once from some absurd take.

And yes i'm actually just a fan of 13 SH theory