Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Morj has a good video on the Grand fleet and i do agree, a lot of people lump just general SH allies into the Grand fleet.

But the grand fleet is for super low tier characters that existed in one arc and basically have no connection to the SHs almost. Things like honorary SHs, like Vivi, kinda Carrot, momo etc don't fit into that.

But it's also almost guarateed that the total amount of SH by the end of the series is going to be 5656, because the grand fleet numbers 5640 if you add 10 SH you're just missing 5 members to make a big gomu gomu reference.
Or there will a group of 16 characters, i e 1 pirate team, who will join the fleet :optimistic:

I want to have a BIG talk about Carrot here. I will list the things I find really odd and that could "potentially" impact her story in the future :

- Her characterization: Carrot has been constructed like a teenager in a fairfest. There is no way that she would want to settle in Zou after what she experienced. The way she acts in front of danger and adventure, her interest for the world.. all of this is very clear and had no real pay off.

- Her treatment: Carrot has been constructed as a protagonist while being a secondary character. Her desires, her story, her tragedies, her skills, her design.. she is not on the level of someone like Raizo or Kyros, she was closer in term of narration to her character like Momonosuke or Rebecca. Hence why Oda puts her naturally on the Queen spot of the mink tribe.. But this conclusion is not satisfying for a lot of us.. precisely because it goes AGAINST her characterization (seen above). So, Carrot becoming Queen is logical, she is someone of that importance, but she shouldn't stay Queen.

- Her potential: Again, Oda left clues concerning Carrot's potential. The biggest one being this sentence of Pedro concerning her future knowledge concerning the dawn and Luffy. Her different skill related to the life at sea (lookout skills / Sulong) and not just there as a fluck.

And finally:

- Inu and Neko's legacy: Now THIS is why I wanted to talk about Carrot in the first place. If you remember a past tweet of mine. I once said this:

My point was (and still is) that we had ALL the Akazaya flashback related to the escape from Kaido and the City... Although we know how the battle between the duke started, but we STILL don't know how they managed to escape AND get away from Wano..

Leaving Wano is not just "an easy thing to do". That a MIRACULOUS feet. And the last time we saw those two was when a NUMBER picked them up.

We also don't know how they get to power back on Zou. But that's not all..

Let me remind you that there are still TWO mysteries left in Wano:

- WHO saved the journal of Oden ??
And
- WHY did Oden torn away the page related to the One Piece ???

I think we can easily say, that the answer to both those question will lead us to something related to the dawn and the Mink!

Don't you find it.. odd.. that Nekomamushi specifically asked Pedro to search for Poneglyph? Don't you find it ODD that the minks are aware of the "DAWN" while having NEVER heard of it from Oden ?

Remember: The Dawn is a concept from ODEN's book. it was NEVER mentionned by Oden himself to the akazaya.

:lusnipe:

------

I could be wrong of course.. none of those mysteries could be really important as they don't really impact the story... but I could also be right.. and in that case. The mink still have a card to play.. and know if we are talking about the mink.. we will automatically talk about Carrot. As Carrot is now the heir of:

- The King of day
- The King of Night
And..
- The Nox pirates's legacy

"The night before the dawn.. "

Don't you find it ODD that Oda NEVER mentionned the "Dawn" thematic during the "new morning" chapter HERE :

- No "dawn" thematic
- No pathos on the fact that this morning is something incredible, HELL Oda skipped 7 DAYS !!!
- No Minks
- No Kozuki related lore
- Just funzies

If that was the "new dawn" I'm Queen of the Kamabaka Kingdom.

---------

The more I look at it.. the more I think that Oda is fooling us once again.

The dawn is not concerning Wano !! Yamato read it Wrong !!! They didn't had the entire context !

Yamato thought that Momo was the one supposed to bring the dawn.. but what if the Dawn actually concerns Luffy..and most of all, the dawn doesn't only concerns Wano..

The dawn concerns the WORLD.

"One day, you will understand the true importance of keeping Luffy and his crew alive here so that their voyage can go on"

Let have a sum up:

- We have narrative contradiction is Carrot's case and Carrot was constructed like a semiprotagonist.
- Meanwhile, Oda created another contradiction concerning the concept of the dawn. Concerning either Luffy in one interpretation and Momo in a second.
- Oda left a LOT of mysteries concerning the departure of the Dukes and the journal of Oden
- Oda left IN PLAIN SIGHT, a huge plot hole: How can the minks be aware of the dawn without having checked the journal ?

All of this is pointing toward the heir: Carrot. The LITERAL personnification of the DAWN:

- Rabbit are crepuscular, which means they are most active during dusk and dawn.
- The characterization and design of Carrot points toward the mix of two personnalities : a sunny one and a moon one (carrot's real potential being in between)
- She acted as the link between the day and night king as a ruler's bird
- She literally became the queen of Zou, the personnification of the result of both night and day.
- She is the heir of the Nox legacy, the night before the dawn.

To be frank.. I don't think we have even scratched the surface of Carrot's potential in the serie yet..
These are some intriguing observations you've made and certainly begs the question of a proper payoff for Carrot. There are too many strong suggestions from Pedro's line to Carrot to the latter carrying the former's that we will see Carrot again. When that may be is anyone's guess at this point, but we will see her again I'm sure.

Sigh

I was joking. I said that because of how uninteresting her character is at the moment, as well as her absence in the recent chapters. 😅
Sorry, I am most times not able to pick up on sarcastic meanings, without a face that conveys the mimic to me that: This is only meant as a joke.

But yes. She didn't get much screen time during the last chapters. The many story-plots outside of Egghead are eating up much of the panels. But I hope we come to know more about Kuma's past soon.

I was wondering, if Kuma will come back to Egghead or if he will have an encounter with someone strong when he has climbed up the red line. Oda isn't giving us much information as to the back ground story of him and that makes me mad.