Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Vivi, Carrot, Stussy and Yamato feel like the most ideal and favorite choices. Sadly Carrot's been forced back to Zou and Yamato fucked off to Wano's countryside for her Oden LARP. So that just leaves Vivi and Stussy as the main contenders now since Vivi is in hiding with Morgans and Stussy only has two options rn after betraying CP0: stay with the Vegapunks or join the Straw Hats, and she's most def going to come along at least for a while since the Vegapunks are going with the Straw Hats. However, as much as I love Vivi and want her to join most out of all contenders, she doesn't seem to have a role to add to the crew, not even as a combatant, unless they give her a good DF to compensate (Hoya Hoya pls and may Daifuku be murdered). Her dream can simply be to unite the world under something better than the World Government.

Some of the Vegapunks also seem to have a lot of popularity as candidates (mostly Vegapunk-Prime and Lilith) and there's no doubt that one or most of them will be traveling with the Straw Hats for a while, but they don't really add much to the crew since their roles are already filled by Franky, Robin and Chopper as the resident inventor, historian and doctor, but they'll probably pass on most of what they know to those three to expand their knowledge.

I wonder if the Next Nakama discussions will continue until the very last chapter :gokulaugh::ihaha:

I can see us even discussing even when the last chapter drops - and while I hoped for +1, it seems like this is it. Vivi will play a special role, Law will play a special role, Smoker will play a special role, everyone will be involved in the end, but no more official SH.
A decade from now with only ten chapters left before we see the One Piece, people will be debating if Luffy makes some random mouse on a rock on Laugh Tale the final nakama.

Last edited:
Vivi will come back and have the same relationship with the crew that she had when she was with them before.

People might argue that doesn’t make her a “proper” Strawhat, but it’s a fact that the Strawhats will consider her one of their own.

Vivi has always been special because she is the only character who is a “.5” Strawhat. That was reflected pre and post skip in the cover pages.

Modern cover pages alternate between long-running cover stories and random characters playing with animals.

It never used to be random characters though. It used to always just be the Strawhats and Vivi (and Carue). It was only at the end of Marineford Oda started drawing other characters there.

But even when we went back after the timeskip. First eleven characters he did? Strawhats, Vivi, Carue. Then a cover story, then after that it’s turned into the totally random characters part.

Pretty shit argument.

1) Vivi and Wyper are nothing alike, and were never anything alike. He was never part of the crew like she was, and there was never a hugely emotionfal farewell between the two where the Strawhats desperately wanted Wyper to keep travelling with them.

2) A hypothetical ”what if Skypiea was relevant“ question is pointless. Fact is, Vivi and Alabasta is, very clearly, extremely relevant to the endgame of One Piece. (Skypiea will have a role in the future as well though)

3) Not recognising that there have been rather clear plot developments in recent years? Yes, for a long time we thought the promise was a nice capstone to Vivi’s story. Alabasta had been saved, the Strawhats would never really go back there, Vivi‘s story was pretty much finished, bar a nice little appearance in the epilogue. The Strawhat who never was. Gets her drawing’s in the cover and SBS questions but nothing more than that.

But now there have been some quite obvious changes. Starting with Dressrosa and the reveal that Vivi‘s family were Celestial Dragons. Then we get mysterious ruler of the World Government holding a picture of her. And now we are the in the position where her father has been assassinated, Vivi is on the run and her ancestor has played a vital role in the founding of the World Gov and all the major mysteries of One Piece.

So quite clearly, Vivi’s story is not anywhere near as finished as we thought it would be and is going to be hugely important to the endgame of One Piece. Meaning the Strawhat reunion with her is not just going to be a nice little epilogue moment but actually a vitally important part of the endgame. So the promise between them takes on a whole new dimesion and one very relevant to this discussion.
Nothing you said in the first half of this actually contradicts my hypothetical. The only point you have is, once again, retconning the X scene 20 years later. What I'm saying is actually exactly what you said at the top. She will clearly return, and it will be like the Alabasta saga where she tags along as a temporary ally. She will be an honorary member, but she won't be Luffy's subordinate, and once her business with them is done, she will leave. I highly doubt she's meeting them before the Blackbeard fight since she has no reason to be involved in that, so she's probably not going to laughtale with them either, which definitely procludes her from being a full member.

Vivi, Carrot, Stussy and Yamato feel like the most ideal and favorite choices. Sadly Carrot's been forced back to Zou and Yamato fucked off to Wano's countryside for her Oden LARP. So that just leaves Vivi and Stussy as the main contenders now since Vivi is in hiding with Morgans and Stussy only has two options rn after
Thats what i m talking about, strawhats need more cute chicks, there is enough guys.

Vivi, reiju, pudding, yamato, Rebecca, bonney, stussy clone, nami's sister, hancock, they should ALL join.

Just have yamato and hancock teaching them some haki and they are good to go.

Vivi, Carrot, Stussy and Yamato feel like the most ideal and favorite choices. Sadly Carrot's been forced back to Zou and Yamato fucked off to Wano's countryside for her Oden LARP. So that just leaves Vivi and Stussy as the main contenders now since Vivi is in hiding with Morgans and Stussy only has two options rn after betraying CP0: stay with the Vegapunks or join the Straw Hats, and she's most def going to come along at least for a while since the Vegapunks are going with the Straw Hats. However, as much as I love Vivi and want her to join most out of all contenders, she doesn't seem to have a role to add to the crew, not even as a combatant, unless they give her a good DF to compensate (Hoya Hoya pls and may Daifuku be murdered). Her dream can simply be to unite the world under something better than the World Government.

Some of the Vegapunks also seem to have a lot of popularity as candidates (mostly Vegapunk-Prime and Lilith) and there's no doubt that one or most of them will be traveling with the Straw Hats for a while, but they don't really add much to the crew since their roles are already filled by Franky, Robin and Chopper as the resident inventor, historian and doctor, but they'll probably pass on most of what they know to those three to expand their knowledge.

A decade from now with only ten chapter left before we see the One Piece, people will be debating if Luffy makes some random mouse on a rock on Laugh Tale the final nakama.
Nah, the most plausible candidate to join is Lucci - it's him, trust me.

Kaku deserves the meme crew position more. Poor boi just wanted to be a shipwright before being indoctrinated and brainwashed by the evils of the World Nobles. :pepehands:
Lol :suresure:

But seriously - I am not trolling. Oda's DF gorowase fits him perfectly, he is interacting the most with the SHP, Shaka is mirroring him in every way - they are blood related - so I think they are some kind of brothers, which means Lucci will face some kind of moral dilemma in the near future.

I like to bet about him joining the SHP and am happy whenever someone joins this bet. Would you be in?
Post automatically merged:

And at this point I hope Kaku will go with Vegapunk - he seems like a small child in an adventure park on Egghead. He loves the tech there and I hope he will become some kind of helping hand to Vegapunk.

Nothing you said in the first half of this actually contradicts my hypothetical. The only point you have is, once again, retconning the X scene 20 years later. What I'm saying is actually exactly what you said at the top. She will clearly return, and it will be like the Alabasta saga where she tags along as a temporary ally. She will be an honorary member, but she won't be Luffy's subordinate, and once her business with them is done, she will leave. I highly doubt she's meeting them before the Blackbeard fight since she has no reason to be involved in that, so she's probably not going to laughtale with them either, which definitely procludes her from being a full member.
It’s not a retcon. We as readers were simply wrong to assume that Vivi’s role was basically over and the promise between them was just a nice moment that never really needed any payoff.

When she’s with the crew she’s not just a temporary ally, she’s actually part of them.

Also bizarre to assume she won’t go to Laugh Tale given her father was just murdered for trying to discover the information written there. Not think it might be quite important for her to learn why exactly the creepy hidden King of the World is keeping a photograph of her and is willing to reveal themselves to talk to (and kill) her father?

End of the day, Vivi is going to be the only thing we have that comes close to being another Strawhat. There may well be a degree of seperation between her and the other ten, but it’s still above what every other character will get with the possible exception of Momo as Luffy’s little brother.

Ya'll are coping with Vivi. She still has no dream, no role, no combat ability, and conflicting loyalties. Just because Alabasta is relevant again doesn't mean she's joining the crew. If skypeia was suddenly relevant to Imu and Wyper was coming back, would ya'll jump on board the wyper for nakama train? No, ya'll just want Vivi to join. It's no coincidence that everyone understood the X on the wrist scene for 20 years, and then the second Vivi appeared for 2 panels with no other nakama options, people retconned it into a Jinbei situation saying it was "obvious all along". If Vivi was joining the crew, it would have happened 20 years ago.
Vivi doesn't even have to join because she's already joined, Oda gave her a crew number, color, an animal, favorite food and all that sbs stuff the other SHs have. She'll reunite with them as an old friend, not like a new crew member since she's already one. But in the end Vivi won't abandon her country we all know that.

Vivi doesn't even have to join because she's already joined, Oda gave her a crew number, color, an animal, favorite food and all that sbs stuff the other SHs have. She'll reunite with them as an old friend, not like a new crew member since she's already one. But in the end Vivi won't abandon her country we all know that.
Couldn't have said it any better:smoothy:

Vivi ftw💖💖💖💖

Couldn't have said it any better:smoothy:

Vivi ftw💖💖💖💖
What I meant is that if there is a tenth crew member to join it won't be Vivi but someone else. And Vivi will be involved with the crew regardless :catpole: that's inevitable at this point because of all the connection to Imu.
Edit.: unless the crew disbands in the end lol. Then Vivi, Caribou, Lucci, everyone and your mom could join, it won't matter anyway.

What the hell Lucci is still doing in the poll? It's not even meme worthy.
What do you mean with "still"? Why add it since Lucci is actually now in an alliance with the SH. Since then it must be at least obvious that his chance of joining has increased ever since Egghead.

That dude is the 11th crew member - and he is joining in Egghead. If you are other opinion we could bet about it.