Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Fair point about Yamato, but you gotta admit, you claim the Bonney train is dead now after every other chapter, but it only keeps picking up steam.

I definitely agree with you on the apprentice thing though. No Supernova captain is going to be a damn apprentice.
I'm more suprised a kid is legitemly a supernova.

Unironically best feats i've seen of a child. Nevermind i just remembered Oden exists.

I'd watch out tho, Logiko gave her a 60+% :hihihi:

Last edited:

Unironically best feats i've seen of a child. Nevermind i just rebembered Oden exists.

That line made me laugh out loud, the Oden flashback is embarrassing in comparison now.

I'm hoping that Bonney isn't the child of a Celestial Dragon noble but at least of a God Knight. Would explain Supernova status when combined with her gimmick fruit and Kuma/CD ties.

Unironically best feats i've seen of a child. Nevermind i just rebembered Oden exists.

64% Only at the unlikely possibility that she is rescued, has a post and wants to follow Luffy.

I you get that out of the way:

1. The Antagonistic introduction. 3% CHECK > 3%
  2. The Multi layered characterization. 5% CHECK > 5%
  3. The Symbolic reach. 8% 3/4 > 6%
  4. A Strong character arc. 9% CHECK > 9%
  5. The Rescue. 10% NONE > 0%
  6. A Tragedy. 11% CHECK > 11%
  7. The Double Nakama link. 12% NONE > 0%
  8. The Dream/Desire 13% NONE > 0%
  9. The Post. 14% NONE > 0%
  10. The Shining Nakama Action. 15% NONE > 0%
34% for Bonney in that case

So where do you guys put Bonney’s chances now that she is revealed to be 12 years old?
I don’t know why but I feel like it increases her chances. As supernova and captain she felt like she couldn’t join because she had her on thing going on. As 12 year old who went to see to rescue her father and also believes in Nika. The situation changes. I actually put her chances very high right now. But I might be wrong 😑

So where do you guys put Bonney’s chances now that she is revealed to be 12 years old?
I don’t know why but I feel like it increases her chances. As supernova and captain she felt like she couldn’t join because she had her on thing going on. As 12 year old who went to see to rescue her father and also believes in Nika. The situation changes. I actually put her chances very high right now. But I might be wrong 😑
Around 45-50 %

She lacks a post and a strong dream. But beyond that, she is a good candidate.

GUI VI

Touch The Grass
85-90%.

Booney is already more developed than Yamato and Carrot ever were.

85-90%.

Booney is already more developed than Yamato and Carrot ever were.
Not really. The development of a character isn't just about the story of said character or the number of struggle they had to face. The development of a character can also uncompass the full characterization and by characterization here, I mean in term of symbolism, in term of thematic.

If it is true that Bonney had a more profound story than Carrot, her thematic related to the strawhat crew is actually quite slim.

I like Bonney as nakama option but her fighting style is unappealing. Idk how Oda would make it work
She’s also falling in the same hole as Yamato did where throughout the arc she’s been connected to the other group. In this case she’s kinda fallen in with Vegapunk and Sentomaru
I still don’t think it’ll happen:
1. She’s still more connected to Vegapunk and his Allies so like Yamato ending up with the revs, Bonney will end up where they go
2. She still doesn’t have a dream yet. The straw hats are a crew of dreamer, so like Yamato and carrot before, not having a tangible dream is a problem. And kuma doesn’t seemingly have a dream for her to inherit either
3. She’s too minor of a character in this flashback. This flashback is about kuma, Bonneys just a minor character in it which wouldn’t feel right for a nakama flashback.

Sure oda could change it instantly but as it stands right now, she just doesn’t feel like a nakama to me. But I do love her

She’s also falling in the same hole as Yamato did where throughout the arc she’s been connected to the other group. In this case she’s kinda fallen in with Vegapunk and Sentomaru

I still don’t think it’ll happen:
1. She’s still more connected to Vegapunk and his Allies so like Yamato ending up with the revs, Bonney will end up where they go
2. She still doesn’t have a dream yet. The straw hats are a crew of dreamer, so like Yamato and carrot before, not having a tangible dream is a problem. And kuma doesn’t seemingly have a dream for her to inherit either
3. She’s too minor of a character in this flashback. This flashback is about kuma, Bonneys just a minor character in it which wouldn’t feel right for a nakama flashback.

Sure oda could change it instantly but as it stands right now, she just doesn’t feel like a nakama to me. But I do love her
I do agree with you that she doesn’t feel like a Nakama yet. This chapters is the first where is started to get the feeling. As for the dream again I agree. I do though expect that as someone who knows about Nika and Kuma who joined the Revo’s to liberate people, Bonney can inherit his will of liberating people and for that no one is better than Luffy(Nika).

You guys talking about the Nika thing, pretty sure that from this point and till the end of the story every single major Rebeca/Vivi/Bonney/ Elbafian giant that's going to be relevant or a princess is going to have some bullsht to do with Nika.

It's a shonen MC importance powercreep where everything becomes about the MC god status, it happened in Naruto and Bleach and i'm pretty sure it's happening here. Luffy is the chosen one, the godboy, so every new relevant character is going to have some tangencial connection to Nika so it connects to him

Last edited:
It's a shonen MC importance powerscaling, where everything becomes about the MC god status, it happened in Naruto and Bleach and i'm pretty sure it's happening here. Luffy is the chosen one, the godboy, so every new relevant character is going to have some tangencial connection to Nika so it connects to him
Lol , Luffy is just the protagonist. In a story, everything is all about the protagonist ^^

She has access to haxx through her fruit but so does Sugar, Foxy and other characters. The reason she got such a high bounty is because of her heritage. Blackbeard confirmed as much, all his 10 captains >> Bonney. Same scenario as Robin getting 79M as a kid.

Difference is Robin got that as an initial bounty for Ohara as a whole. Bonney legitimately made her way from South Blue all the way to Sabaody.

And in the 2 years since Sabaody(with no crew) she has managed to more than double her bounty.

Not counting that she managed to sneak into MJ

We're denying that Luffy has gotten more and more attention as he enters a typical chosen one narrative ? Ok
Luffy always had attention. Every plot ploint, every storylines since the beginning of One Piece have served or were here to enhance the protagonist and the thematic of the story. That's how we create a story.

Very roughly:

The protagonist (or the thematic of the story that is attached to the protagonist) are in the center of the story's structure during its creation. You can take those lines as the timeline of the story. At the beginning you are on the outside of the lines and the more the story advance the more the story will refocus on the protagonist in order for all the parameters of the story to create one unique structure at the end. A bit like a inverted BIg Bang. The story will truly shine when everything here will go back together.

So the fact that you are feeling that we are more and more focus on Luffy is due to the fact that the story is starting to shrink on itself. At the end, Luffy, the thematic of the story, the characters, the world, the power setting, the message and the antagonists will make one single bright entity that will make the story unbelievably expressive.

There is a visual story that literally do that on screen: Harry potter VII (the last movie)

This scene is the moment and place where everything connect, the plot lines, the powers.. EVEN the protagonist and the antagonist, simply because this moment is when the protagonist and the antagonist are the closest to eachothers, thematically: