Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Have you noticed that in the chapter 1100 Vegapunk only talks about 5 Satellites, he wants to have? And while Oda dedicated each of those 5 Satellite a speech bubble as a reference Vegapunk was making, one reference is missing. And this is the reference towards Shaka.

This is why we can assume that Shaka is no mere Satellite, who came into existance a few years ago, like the others. I bet Oda has something else going on behind the curtain in this regard and there is some juicy history that is going to be revealed soon.

As you know, I think that Shaka and Lucci are some kind of brother-like figures, because they are behaving and thinking the same. And Lucci having history with Shaka would also hint at him having history with Vegapunk. And look again at his epithet: “Massacre weapon”. That fits so well with Kuma’s epithet of a “Human weapon”, because he was “created” by Vegapunk - transformed into one. We know that Vegapunk tried to clone weapons/soldier/heroes before. So, what if he – next to Stussy - ended up with Lucci and Shaka some 24 years ago?

And now, all I want to know is, what Shaka looks like under his helmet.
You lost me after the 2nd paragraph :seriously:

Have you noticed that in the chapter 1100 Vegapunk only talks about 5 Satellites, he wants to have? And while Oda dedicated each of those 5 Satellite a speech bubble as a reference Vegapunk was making, one reference is missing. And this is the reference towards Shaka.

This is why we can assume that Shaka is no mere Satellite, who came into existance a few years ago, like the others. I bet Oda has something else going on behind the curtain in this regard and there is some juicy history that is going to be revealed soon.

As you know, I think that Shaka and Lucci are some kind of brother-like figures, because they are behaving and thinking the same. And Lucci having history with Shaka would also hint at him having history with Vegapunk. And look again at his epithet: “Massacre weapon”. That fits so well with Kuma’s epithet of a “Human weapon”, because he was “created” by Vegapunk - transformed into one. We know that Vegapunk tried to clone weapons/soldier/heroes before. So, what if he – next to Stussy - ended up with Lucci and Shaka some 24 years ago?

And now, all I want to know is, what Shaka looks like under his helmet.
I don't even know what you are talking about.

You lost me after the 2nd paragraph :seriously:
I don't even know what you are talking about.
“I wish there were five more of me…!!” This was what Vegapunk said in chapter 1100. And Oda even goes so far as to dedicate every single one of those 5 Satellites a separate speaking bubble on the same page:

2nd Lilith: “That’s it! I can create the weapon of my dreams now!!” (This want to use weapons is clearly shown in Lilith in particular, who likes to use weapons such as the Vegaforce 01, which she stated to be their dream project and the Bubble gun, she likes to use. She does also like to use violence against pirates and be involved in fighting.)

3rd Edison: “Ahhhh!! I just had another Eureka moment!!” (Here, Oda even uses the word “Eureka” to make that connection to Edison, as he usually has those ideas multiple times a day.)

4th Pythagoras: “Someone needs to write everything I’m thinking down!!” (And this is Pythagora’s job. He is also the one who analyses and interprets said data e.g. from the fight between the Seraphim and the SHPs.)

5th Atlas: “Damn it… the brain waves won’t stop!!” (Here Oda even uses a larger font size to highlight his emotional outburst, just like the usual outbursts we are seeing Atlas having, whenever she gets angry about something.)

6th York: “If only they could eat and use the toilet for me too, I’d never have to stop!!” (She is the Vegapunk, who even has a specific noun for what her job is – SDN-circle. (Snack-dump-nap-circle))

However, there is one Satellite missing in those panels. And it is Shaka the Satellite No. 1. He is mentioned with no word or speaking bubble by Oda. And oddly enough, Vegapunk also only talked about 5 persons he needed, instead of his 6 Satellites, who we came to know during Egghead arc. It means that Shaka was either not initially planned or already at Vegapunk’s side at that time and Oda only chose not to show him on any panel we saw in chapter 1100, because we were not meant to see him there.

Odd is also that Shaka seems to be the Satellite, who acts as the spokesman or leader of the other five and seems to be the closest to the Stellar, as Shaka considers the safety of the Stellar as his absolute priority and the Stellar in return goes first to Shaka, if he wants to know something as seen in chapter 1069. Also, both were seen being confronted by Cipherpol in the past and it felt that both seem to be the most important Vegapunks. Shaka also sticks out amongst the other Satellites through both, his influence to the plot and his panel time during the arc.

I wonder for how long both have been known each other now and how they met. We also need to see what under that helmet of Shaka is. It must be some face we could recognize, otherwise Oda would not have need to cover it with a helmet.

It's a Shaka is related to Lucci agenda post
:kata:

I still don’t understand.

So . . . let’s assume that Shaka is indeed related to Lucci, like you believe.

Does it have any impact to the current plot?

Does it increase the chance of Lucci joining???

:choppawhat:

I still don’t understand.

So . . . let’s assume that Shaka is indeed related to Lucci, like you believe.

Does it have any impact to the current plot?

Does it increase the chance of Lucci joining???

:choppawhat:
Vegapunk serving as Lucci's clone-father and Shaka as his twin brother could serve as a reason for him to change sides.

Since Egghead, we have seen him questioning his mission (chapter 1062) and not obeying orders/disregarding his mission (fighting Luffy, destroying the Labo-stratum and not following Akainus orders of staying back and waiting for Kizaru). We know how strictly Lucci sees to it that his missions are always succesful (Water 7/Enies Lobby). Here however, we have the complete opposite and the reason as to why that is, is still not clear.
But for Lucci, to be so openly conflicted to follow his mission, there has to be one major internal conflict going on behind that always stoic face.

Since Oda put the little time skip there, we do not know, what Shaka looks like. He cut the story, just as Chopper headed down there into the basement, where Shaka lied, bleading from his head. Chopper would at least have seen to his wound, and for that, would have needed to take of that helmet of his. And here we would have seen his true face.
And because of the time skip we do also not know, how Luffy and Lucci's relationsship has developed. I bet Lucci used his head for Luffy, since Luffy rarely does that. He even yelled at him to use his head in the last panel before the time skip. This also indicates his position on the Sunny: Strategist/chief of staff. And let's be honest - the SHPs never had a good strategist on their ship. It was always someone else, who came up with a plan. Only for the SHPs to bust that plan (Pauli, Law, Bege, Kinemon).

Oda omitted that, because now, he can easily put Lucci in that antagnoistic position again and we all are forgetting that Oda put that much efford in building the most shocking alliance between Kaku/Lucci and Luffy/crew. And now it seems that this alliance seemingly has come to an end without serving any purpose plot-wise whatsoever - for what? For Zoro to have a fight, Oda is not even focussing on? That fight has had no build up so far and Lucci is already in his awakened form. No one can tell me that Lucci is Zoro's final fight this arc. Lucci is still on the SHP's side. Furthermore, there are 9 vice admirals on the island, and Kizaru is not defeated, yet. (9 + 1 = 10; number of SHP-members = 10).

I hope no Stussy fan is reading this: Regarding Stussy: I said even before the time-skip that she is not on the SHP's side and look who the only person is, Lucci was hurting after the time skip - the only person, who was a spy. He knew she would need to protect the Stellar, because if he dies, Punk records will die with him. Because, Punk Records is one of the 3 things that the WG wants to safe at any costs. Stussy needed to shield the Stellar and Lucci exploited it. With Stussy being an enemy, it was also clear, that Sanji would not react to her being hurt. This means up until now, Lucci has only defeated an enemy and has the cover of seemingly being on the WG's side, by fighting Zoro.

Lucci could use this joker to safe his clone-father and brother, if anything happens.

Vegapunk serving as Lucci's clone-father and Shaka as his twin brother could serve as a reason for him to change sides.

Since Egghead, we have seen him questioning his mission (chapter 1062) and not obeying orders/disregarding his mission (fighting Luffy, destroying the Labo-stratum and not following Akainus orders of staying back and waiting for Kizaru). We know how strictly Lucci sees to it that his missions are always succesful (Water 7/Enies Lobby). Here however, we have the complete opposite and the reason as to why that is, is still not clear.
But for Lucci, to be so openly conflicted to follow his mission, there has to be one major internal conflict going on behind that always stoic face.

Since Oda put the little time skip there, we do not know, what Shaka looks like. He cut the story, just as Chopper headed down there into the basement, where Shaka lied, bleading from his head. Chopper would at least have seen to his wound, and for that, would have needed to take of that helmet of his. And here we would have seen his true face.
And because of the time skip we do also not know, how Luffy and Lucci's relationsship has developed. I bet Lucci used his head for Luffy, since Luffy rarely does that. He even yelled at him to use his head in the last panel before the time skip. This also indicates his position on the Sunny: Strategist/chief of staff. And let's be honest - the SHPs never had a good strategist on their ship. It was always someone else, who came up with a plan. Only for the SHPs to bust that plan (Pauli, Law, Bege, Kinemon).

Oda omitted that, because now, he can easily put Lucci in that antagnoistic position again and we all are forgetting that Oda put that much efford in building the most shocking alliance between Kaku/Lucci and Luffy/crew. And now it seems that this alliance seemingly has come to an end without serving any purpose plot-wise whatsoever - for what? For Zoro to have a fight, Oda is not even focussing on? That fight has had no build up so far and Lucci is already in his awakened form. No one can tell me that Lucci is Zoro's final fight this arc. Lucci is still on the SHP's side. Furthermore, there are 9 vice admirals on the island, and Kizaru is not defeated, yet. (9 + 1 = 10; number of SHP-members = 10).

I hope no Stussy fan is reading this: Regarding Stussy: I said even before the time-skip that she is not on the SHP's side and look who the only person is, Lucci was hurting after the time skip - the only person, who was a spy. He knew she would need to protect the Stellar, because if he dies, Punk records will die with him. Because, Punk Records is one of the 3 things that the WG wants to safe at any costs. Stussy needed to shield the Stellar and Lucci exploited it. With Stussy being an enemy, it was also clear, that Sanji would not react to her being hurt. This means up until now, Lucci has only defeated an enemy and has the cover of seemingly being on the WG's side, by fighting Zoro.

Lucci could use this joker to safe his clone-father and brother, if anything happens.
Lucci isn't disregarding orders because he's conflicted. He's doing it because he hates Luffy.

Lucci isn't disregarding orders because he's conflicted. He's doing it because he hates Luffy.
That would mean we still have that panel in chapter 1062, where he is questioning his mission regardless. And I think Lucci can hold back on his emotions in favor of his mission. And maybe Lucci hating Luffy has changed after the time-skip and he actually likes Luffy now.
Post automatically merged:

Above.

maybe Lucci hating Luffy has changed after the time-skip and he actually likes Luffy now.
No chance when he's literally threatened to kill his friends multiple times, and didn't even bother to wait for approval from the WG to engage a Yonko because he didn't see Luffy's title as legitimate.

You'd have to think Lucci is a Oscar tier actor otherwise.

Last edited:

There is a certain group of individuals in the world of One Piece that will never join the SHs. This group consists of characters, that would even kill their own kind, which is the one thing that Luffy hates the most. Lucci is one of those. His chances are 0 %.
Would you like to bet against me about that? I would change my avi for one month, if Lucci is not joining the SHP here on Egghead. If he joins, you will have to change your avi.

Would that be ok with you?

Last edited:
That would mean we still have that panel in chapter 1062, where he is questioning his mission regardless. And I think Lucci can hold back on his emotions in favor of his mission. And maybe Lucci hating Luffy has changed after the time-skip and he actually likes Luffy now.

Above.
He's not questioning his mission in 1062. He's wondering if they're killing Vegapunk because of the lulusia incident. When Stussy says not to question things like that, she's implying it would be dangerous to know the truth behind Lulusia. Lucci has shown absolutely zero signs of being conflicted about anything in this arc.

He's not questioning his mission in 1062. He's wondering if they're killing Vegapunk because of the lulusia incident. When Stussy says not to question things like that, she's implying it would be dangerous to know the truth behind Lulusia. Lucci has shown absolutely zero signs of being conflicted about anything in this arc.
I think we have to wait on this, or we areg going to argue over that subjectively with no end in sight. :few:

Ok with that?

I think we have to wait on this, or we areg going to argue over that subjectively with no end in sight. :few:

Ok with that?
No we don't have to "wait on this". This sentence is clear in the context. Lucci does not question himself and is not conflicted about the situation. He wants to kills Luffy and the crew, end of story.

Sometimes theorizing is meaningless and just hurt the comprehension of the story. You are setting yourself up for dissapointment for absolutely no reasons.

You used a lot . . . and I mean A LOT of headcanon in your thought process.

The main problem is that one headcanon point of yours also lead to many followed headcanon points.

Well, at least you are not being an asshole, unlike a certain person whom I ignored. So I need to refrain myself from clowning your ideas though.

No we don't have to "wait on this". This sentence is clear in the context. Lucci does not question himself and is not conflicted about the situation. He wants to kills Luffy and the crew, end of story.

Sometimes theorizing is meaningless and just hurt the comprehension of the story. You are setting yourself up for dissapointment for absolutely no reasons.
This is a subjective interpretation and it is exactly why we have to wait on it to be revealed.

How is that subjective? It's literally what he says in the panel.
Yes, I know, but I interpret it differently than you. So we would go around in circles with each one of us having their stand point. Let's just accnowledge that we have a different view of the matter and leave it at that.

You used a lot . . . and I mean A LOT of headcanon in your thought process.

The main problem is that one headcanon point of yours also lead to many followed headcanon points.
I know this looks like there is not much going for my take on the story. But trust me if I say that this arc has given me so much hints to digest and small plot bumbs. I understand that it - at the moment - sounds unbelievable.

Well, at least you are not being an asshole, unlike a certain person whom I ignored. So I need to refrain myself from clowning your ideas though.
Thank you. :blush: You may clown, if you like - I am warned now. ;)

Last edited: