Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
I'm going to back Yamato again. She wants to join, has a dream and an open invite, and she knows Luffy's secret dream. Maybe she'll show up later on and be a Jinbei situation. It's the only way all the blatant teasing makes any sense, especially if the other option is no one joining after all that buildup.

I'm fully aware that it's cope, but coping is more fun than telling everyone that no one will join.

@Ravagerblade help convince me
Oda definitely knew what he was doing when he kept shoving this shit into our faces.

Along with the whole open invitation thing at the end of the arc. Oda definitely knows that people wanted a new SH.

I really want to believe that Oda isn’t such a shit writer that he only put in all this effort and wasted all this panel space for a cheap subversion. Even if it isn’t Yamato who joins at the end, you would still think that it would at least lead to somebody joining in her place instead of nobody at all.

But I don’t know. Wano really fried my brain so I just stopped giving a fuck and decided to have fun backing troll candidates instead. :milaugh:

Last edited:
Thank god people are coming around to Yamato being in a similar position to Jinbei. It's not even like a guaranteed joining, just that it would be trivially easy for Oda to do so and he kept the door wide open for it.

I am still on the Kizaru for Nakama train anyways. If it really is the Rev cavalry they'll probably refuse to take an Admiral on good faith alone. Luffy on the other hand has been meme fighting with Kizaru and loves doing that sort of stupid thing. All Kizaru gotta do is betray Saturn and that mfer needs a job Let me cope

I'm going to back Yamato again. She wants to join, has a dream and an open invite, and she knows Luffy's secret dream. Maybe she'll show up later on and be a Jinbei situation. It's the only way all the blatant teasing makes any sense, especially if the other option is no one joining after all that buildup.

I'm fully aware that it's cope, but coping is more fun than telling everyone that no one will join.

@Ravagerblade help convince me
Yeah, this, although my hope is faint at this point. So I'm waiting for a cover story again (the last one was pretty dope) and hoping it would clarify a bit. The problem that I have with Yamato staying is that Oda basically denied the character's dream to go out after being confined to the same land for 20 years. Momo's arc was all about him getting home and freeing Wano. Yamato's arc was about getting free, and while nominally Wano is now free and she doesn't wear explosive shackles anymore, she is still confined by her sense of duty and her dream still hasn't come true. Carrot at least had the adventure she wanted.

Oda definitely knew what he was doing when he kept shoving this shit into our faces.

Along with the whole open invitation thing at the end of the arc. Oda definitely knows that people wanted a new SH.

I really want to believe that Oda isn’t such a shit writer that he only put in all this effort and wasted all this panel space for a cheap subversion. Even if it isn’t Yamato who joins at the end, you would still think that it would at least lead to somebody joining in her place instead of nobody at all.

But I don’t know. Wano really fried my brain so I just stopped giving a fuck and decided to have fun backing troll candidates instead. :milaugh:
Honestly, I think it's possible that Oda delayed her joining just because she'd shift the balance on egghead too much. They'd need two admirals to keep up with the strawhats if she was there, and he's not ready for multiple to go down. Blackbeard shows up soon and she'd have Kuzan to fight, so maybe she just had to wait.

Sticking with Sabo. As he’s the only other character who has heard luffy proclaim his true dream, he’s an oden parallel, he has a dream, and he has a reason to return to Luffys ship.

Yamato still lacks a dream and any reason to return to Luffy imo.

Sabo is an Oden parallel?
Yeah very deliberate one too.
1. Both are born to nobility of their chosen island but instead opted to leave that life in search of freedom and adventure
2. Both had an “adopted brother” who eventually became the king of their homeland
3. Sabo was referred to as Aces and Luffys brother, who are the parallels of Whitebeard and Roger who both called Oden brother
4. In the scene where luffy stated his dream, Sabo and Oden had the exact same face with a bandage at the same spot as when Roger said his
5. Sabo is currently the number 2 of a world wide feared organization run by a man with a world famous title like Oden was to Whitebeard
6. Sabos dream is to do literally what oden did. To travel the world and write about his adventures

Sabo and oden were a very deliberate parallel.

Had Yamato joined she clearly would have been. Both of them are connected to wano. Both were asked to join their crew by Roger and luffy.
Post automatically merged:

One panel proves nothing 😐
That one panel is more of a parallel since Oden and Sabo literally share a backstory and Sabos dream is basically to do the same thing oden is most known for.

Yamato is just a cosplayer. She’s as much Oden as Shanks is Roger.

That one panel is more of a parallel since Oden and Sabo literally share a backstory and Sabos dream is basically to do the same thing oden is most known for.

Yamato is just a cosplayer. She’s as much Oden as Shanks is Roger.
Nah. Sabo feels like bizzare parallel to oden. The dynamic is very different. Sabo is luffy's older brother. Sabo has his own thing with revos. Oden wanted to go an adventure just like Yamato.

Nah. Sabo feels like bizzare parallel to oden. The dynamic is very different. Sabo is luffy's older brother. Sabo has his own thing with revos. Oden wanted to go an adventure just like Yamato.
Sabo is a brother to Luffy and Ace, just like Oden is a brother to Roger and Whitebeard.

The dynamic may be slightly different; but the character parallel is clear. Sabo also sacrificed a life of nobility and money because he wanted to go on an adventurer. Just like oden. Yamato didn’t do either of that in fact she chose wano over the sea which is the one thing Oden would never do which is why she’ll never be an Oden parallel and will forever just be a cosplayer.

Sabo is a brother to Luffy and Ace, just like Oden is a brother to Roger and Whitebeard.

The dynamic may be slightly different; but the character parallel is clear. Sabo also sacrificed a life of nobility and money because he wanted to go on an adventurer. Just like oden. Yamato didn’t do either of that in fact she chose wano over the sea which is the one thing Oden would never do which is why she’ll never be an Oden parallel and will forever just be a cosplayer.
They still feel pretty different to me. Not only there's no evidence sabo will join luffy's crew , their objectives are way different. Sabo will be revo till the end. Oden went for an adventure to see the world around just like Yamato wants. Both were trapped inside wano.

They still feel pretty different to me. Not only there's no evidence sabo will join luffy's crew , their objectives are way different. Sabo will be revo till the end. Oden went for an adventure to see the world around just like Yamato wants. Both were trapped inside wano.
There’s more evidence that Sabo will join than Yamato. Whereas Sabo has Luffys Vivre Card, Sabo was given a task to find both Luffy and Vivi and tell them about the D, and Sabo has an actual dream.

Yamato chose Wano of her own free will over adventuring in the outside world. She’s not going to abandon Wano

There’s more evidence that Sabo will join than Yamato. Whereas Sabo has Luffys Vivre Card, Sabo was given a task to find both Luffy and Vivi and tell them about the D, and Sabo has an actual dream.

Yamato chose Wano of her own free will over adventuring in the outside world. She’s not going to abandon Wano
Doesn't change the fact both Yamato and oden are way similar.

--Both are residents of wano
--Both are trapped inside wano
--Both wanted/want to go outside wano for an adventure
--Both are adv coc users
--Both were asked to join by Roger/Luffy
Yamato literally calls herself oden
--Both are connected to momo etc

The whole sabo thing is pretty vague. Sabo is literally post skip version of ace albeit a bit different.

Doesn't change the fact both Yamato and oden are way similar.

--Both are residents of wano
--Both are trapped inside wano
--Both wanted/want to go outside wano for an adventure
--Both are adv coc users
--Both were asked to join by Roger/Luffy
Yamato literally calls herself oden
--Both are connected to momo etc

The whole sabo thing is pretty vague. Sabo is literally post skip version of ace albeit a bit different.
Yamatos not trapped in wano, she’s choosing to be there instead of adventure. That alone disqualifies her