Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Oda has the story with Bonney and Kuma finished, now. This is the time, when he turns to the main problem of the arc: Vegapunk, Shaka and Lucci (Who has not been seen for several chapters, and is not even shown in his "fight" with Zoro.). And look - Oda is again turning to the problem Vegapunk has.

Fact is: Vegapunk having such a tremendous fear of Kuma hurting Bonney (father hurting his child) means that Vegapunk has in some form been the one, who (as a father) had hurt one of his children in the past. And now, he is regretting it and fears that someone else has to go through this experience. There is a good possibility that this child was Lucci. This would explain, why he does not like Vegapunk in the least, like he hinted at in chapter 1062.

After this chapter it's very likely that Kuma and Bonney both will survive and join the RA. There the Pacifista can actually free people and become true to their name and original purpose. I can also see Bonneys power working on S-Bear, who could extract all of the pain that Kuma experienced in his whole life and finish off the "immortal" Saturn with it. That would be a very fitting end - dying by the pain he inflicted on Kuma after he got saved by his idol and Saturns nemesis - Nika.

Either way, it doesn't look like anyone would join this arc anymore. Still hoping Yamato will casually join them on the high sea on their way to Elbaf, Aokiji-like. The crew needs more firepower.

Oda has the story with Bonney and Kuma finished, now. This is the time, when he turns to the main problem of the arc: Vegapunk, Shaka and Lucci (Who has not been seen for several chapters, and is not even shown in his "fight" with Zoro.). And look - Oda is again turning to the problem Vegapunk has.

Fact is: Vegapunk having such a tremendous fear of Kuma hurting Bonney (father hurting his child) means that Vegapunk has in some form been the one, who (as a father) had hurt one of his children in the past. And now, he is regretting it and fears that someone else has to go through this experience. There is a good possibility that this child was Lucci. This would explain, why he does not like Vegapunk in the least, like he hinted at in chapter 1062.
He cares more about bonney than his "daughter" stussy

Here, a bunny for you:

Post automatically merged:

He cares more about bonney than his "daughter" stussy
Maybe with Bonney he feels a very high need to protect because of her age? :kayneshrug:

Vegapunk seems to care for Stussy enough, to sense her self-hate/frustration with how she came to be and assure her that she is as valuable as any other human being.

Last edited:
So does anybody actually like Bonney for a SH? Or is it more of a reading the story?

I haven't seen any actual fans of her
She's pretty good I guess. She's better than Yamato as a character by a mile. She even has better abilities, cooler fashion and a more interesting backstory minus the Revs being frauds, but outside of her gluttony and love for Kuma, I don't see her having any memorable interactions with the crew, which are very flanderized these days, and I don't really see her bonding with them much outside of pigging out with Luffy, but considering the flanderizations by Oda, that's probably all she will need to do.:josad:

Then there's Stussy who was just kind of "there". She had a lot of potential and room for growth but just amounted to nothing this arc.

Last edited:
If I gotta be frank for a sec, I've completely lost any and all desire to really post in this thread.

All I've been doing this entire time is low effort shitposting and occasionally butting heads with C4N everytime he starts coping over Carrot again.

Wano imo was the end of any serious nakama discussions for me, everything since is just the after party, nakama flavor of the month canidates get their names thrown into the mix only for their campaigns to crash and burn within the next month or so.

Remember Vegapunk? Or Stussy? lmao

This thread just isn't fun anymore.

If I gotta be frank for a sec, I've completely lost any and all desire to really post in this thread.

All I've been doing this entire time is low effort shitposting and occasionally butting heads with C4N everytime he starts coping over Carrot again.

Wano imo was the end of any serious nakama discussions for me, everything since is just the after party, nakama flavor of the month canidates get their names thrown into the mix only for their campaigns to crash and burn within the next month or so.

At least you are honest.

Yeah this really is just a baiting room 90% of the time