Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
That's what I thought. If you want to understand this, go to the political thread.

I'm sorry for being blunt but this sort of behavior ain't normal dude, that's all I'm saying. You're taking on a weird righteous attitude over japanese cartoons and almost any topic ffs.
Not "righteous", just a bit political.

I could easily act like you guys as a response to your invectives and be mean and target each and everyone of you the way you are targetting me and enlightening all your weird behaviors to humiliate you and therefore act like you in the wind of toxicity... we would have a blast and it would be really easy as you are all open books.

But I hope for this forum to be a little bit less toxic and a little bit more positive so there is no point in doing that. So instead, I question all the behaviors here through a political lens. This helps me understand why some people are acting the way they do and reply in consequence.

And you kind of ruin any Carrot fans' attempts to defend her by having a Carrot post thrown into every Great Wall of Text you make talking about some weird socio-political shit.
There is no point in defending Carrot anymore. We passed that point, she is not in the story anymore.

So now, what I want to highlight are the reason behind the hatred and the tools used to attack her and to deligitimize her place in the strawhat crew.

If you want, you can ignore me mate. I'm not forcing anyone to reply to me.

Please threadban @Logiko
Why can't you just ignore me mate ? Why is this so hard for you guys ?

I'm only posting one to three post per hours, I'm not the reason why the number of pages is increasing here...

:kayneshrug:

The topics don't even apply to the Carrot stuff, he's using Carrot as an excuse to turn this into politics thread 2.0
Remember what I said here:

The reality is that the staff of Worstgen is no different from anyother power structure in the western world. Its completely liberal, has a tiny bit conservative bias and a executive power that doesn't really take a strong side.

- Such a power structure will always tends to limit as much as possible the politization of debates in society to create the illusion of order and will therefore delegitimate any kind of politization of a subject or debate
- Such a power structure thinks that art is just art and a content to be enjoyed and can't accept that art is a political act and therefore can't accept the politization of a debate about a story and will therefore tend do everything to separate politic from art or the debate about political subject and the debate about the political in art in places talking about said art.
- Such a power structure consider toxicity as an individualistic behavior and not representative of a systemic problem. Therefore such a structure consider that it must act as little as possible into a conflict or issue and never question their actual own impact on such conflict or issue.
- Such a power structure are - again - believing that behaviors are individualistics, so they can't understand the systemic origins of oppressions such as racism or sexism and their analysis through the lens of the treatement of a fandom for the characters they read about in their stories.
- Because those power structure can't understand their own impact on the toxic behaviors of others, they will tend to turn against any individuals that questions their legitimacy, structure and (lack of) actions, thus sometimes siding with individual they are meant to stop.
- And most of ALL, such a power structure will prevent itself from having strong opinion or siding too much with people who fight the oppression in society in order to keep the illusion of a diverse and open structure of power.
Etc. Etc.
We are talking about strawhat candidate and the debate around them and I'm explaining that we must be careful not to dehumanize a character when we try to deligitimize their place as a future strawhat.

You are therefore legitimizing this "apolitical" power structure by refusing to accept the politization of debate that has EVERYTHING to do with the title and purpose of the thread.

I ask you guys to respect Carrot and any non human characters that could be legitimate to a strawhat place. Isn't it so hard to accept ?

Not more than us. We are animals too. Technically we are ALL animals, minks included.

The point is that words have a CONTEXTUAL MEANING. And calling a mink an animal to attack one of them is a form a dehumanization just like calling a human a animal is ALSO a form of dehumanization.

Again, words have contextual meaning.

No, mostly bs.

So Bepo :
- Don't talk ?
- Don't think ?
- Don't feel ?
- Doesn't stand ?
- Does wear cloth ?
- Doesn't walk on his feets ?
Etc.

Hm ? "No humanoid features" ?

You don't understand what institutional/systemic racism is mate ?

If not, I won't explain it here. It would be a waste of time for both of us.

Have attribute of =/= Are

The minks are just as much as animals as other humans.

If you don't understand that point, I won't explain it to you. Its a waste of time. Plus, this would need a long political explaination and Mods here are completely freaking out when debate outside of the political thread becomes a little bit too much political. So lets leave it as that.

Yes indeed, there was also sexist reasons. Now, I'm talking about a specific subject here.

Indeed. But what you don't understand is that you are forcing me to give you that definition since you don't accept the mink as ust "the minks". In the context of a description compared to our world : Humanoid don't mean human, it means human like. The difference is that I don't attack Mink here contrary to other people. I use that specifically to describe further a race that you still want to consider as animals when they are not.

Again, the minks are the minks, that's what I said to you. You don't need to add the term "animals" or me "humanoid with animals attribute". The minks are the minks. Just like the fishmen are the fishmen.

Animal are not "inferior". The point is that using the word "animal" as a way to attack a character or a person that is dehumanizing. Don't make me quote actual people in real life and real life event to make you understand that... Again, words have contextual meanings. Linguistic 101.

You have made my point for me bro, you did not help yourself..

It matters when we analyse the behavior that consist in dehumanizing said characters to attack and degelitimize them.

I completely agree. That's what any proper individual should do.

The mink are the minks, there are no reason to call them "animals".

Dude.. if you want you can imagine this case:

Imagine that one day a space ship lands on earth and the extraterrestrial beings happens to look like cat standing up. Would you dare to call them "animals" ?

Or would you call them by he name of their race ?

The problem here is you thinking that the link between the interactions of the reality and the fictionnal its not an important topic.

#woof...

Not necessaraly. If you call mink and other races as animals to describe their biological nature (as we are all animals) then no, there is nothing inherently wrong with it.

The problem comes with the context. And its the context that is important here:

If you essentialize a mink or a fishmen to their animal attribute and nothing more to attack them or delegitimize them, then yes, its called "dehumanization" and in the context of One Piece, its inherently racist. Just like calling human "animals" to justify genocide or war crime is a dehumanization process and inherently racist when its aimed at racialized people in real life.

sure :yurazclear:

It's too late i am now racist against Minks :endthis:

Also it's it's not a humanoid characteristic to use clothes if non-humans in One piece use clothes, you still conflating what gives them value, it's not that they're humanoids, it's because they have human like inteligence and can reason

:lawsigh:

I dunno about that, they're more like partially anthropomorphised animals, most of them mostly look like animals that happen to be standing upright and given human emotions/mannerisms. There's a lot of credence to what Warback is saying in this case imo
Their anthropomorphic for sure, they're not like Monet, who while having bird-like limbs, also had them graphed on her or something, would be more similar to the humanoid animal than what they're calling the Minks currently.

That's what I thought. If you want to understand this, go to the political thread.

Not "righteous", just a bit political.

I could easily act like you guys as a response to your invectives and be mean and target each and everyone of you the way you are targetting me and enlightening all your weird behaviors to humiliate you and therefore act like you in the wind of toxicity... we would have a blast and it would be really easy as you are all open books.

But I hope for this forum to be a little bit less toxic and a little bit more positive so there is no point in doing that. So instead, I question all the behaviors here through a political lens. This helps me understand why some people are acting the way they do and reply in consequence.

There is no point in defending Carrot anymore. We passed that point, she is not in the story anymore.

So now, what I want to highlight are the reason behind the hatred and the tools used to attack her and to deligitimize her place in the strawhat crew.

If you want, you can ignore me mate. I'm not forcing anyone to reply to me.

Why can't you just ignore me mate ? Why is this so hard for you guys ?

I'm only posting one to three post per hours, I'm not the reason why the number of pages is increasing here...

:kayneshrug:

Remember what I said here:

We are talking about strawhat candidate and the debate around them and I'm explaining that we must be careful not to dehumanize a character when we try to deligitimize their place as a future strawhat.

You are therefore legitimizing this "apolitical" power structure by refusing to accept the politization of debate that has EVERYTHING to do with the title and purpose of the thread.

I ask you guys to respect Carrot and any non human characters that could be legitimate to a strawhat place. Isn't it so hard to accept ?

So when you attack Carrot by saying "she has no personnality, she is just a dumb rabbit who is only worthy to eat grass".. well.. that's precisely what dehumanization is. And I saw this type of "argumentation" everywhere in the last few years
She eats grass cuz she's a rabbit dumbass 😭 and her species serve as food to us
Post automatically merged:

Carrot caught heat for a lot of different reasons lmao, if anything her race was extremely minor in the cease pool of problems people had with her
True lol. Infact her being a rabbit animal just added more ammunition for people to dog on her

This is all a low key to excuse bestiality and to make it morally aceptable to clap Tristan :kaimoji:

Damn, you spitting facts. Hollup tho how's raccoon pussy like tho? Human version or normal raccoon version or mink version?

Last edited:
You can call them anything you want not my concern lol

But manga states minks are humanoid with animals attributes.

Manga says humans are lesser minks. That's the explanation we got so that's how we have to interpret it until oda change it

Lol Wanda and oda are retarded asf. Lmao monkey minks. What an insult

Oda himself differentiates Minks from humans when a literal animal who doesn’t find humans attractive gets turned on by minks.
Who? Chopper?

Last edited: