NFL Discussion

Superbowl Teams Predictions: 2022-23

• Total voters
The only play I can think of that's even close to this dumb is the Colt's infamous WTF WERE YOU THINKING fake punt in their own territory, but, even then, that was a miscommunication by a bad team that had no playoff hopes.

The Patriots are in the wildcard hunt and were about to go into OT.

This is legitimately the stupidest play I can remember in years.

Jesus Christ :ihaha:

That literally didn't even make any sense!

Jesus Christ :ihaha:

That literally didn't even make any sense!
From the comments:

In case there’s anybody watching this without hearing the explanation:

The idea was to pretend the offence was coming back onto the field, then to snap the ball while the opposing team was subbing on, thus ideally gaining a 5 yard penalty when they were caught with 12+ men in the field. Originally, if the play didn’t work out, they just wouldn’t snap the ball and would take the delay of game.

However, the starting snapper was injured in Q2, and poor Whalen (#17) wasn’t told that Anderson (#32) had decided to try to draw the opposing team offside if the original plan didn’t work out. Since he hadn’t been told the new plan, Whalen felt Anderson’s hands and snapped the ball, thus sacrificing Anderson to the merciless football gods.

The rest of the team was forming up off of one guy, and that one guy lined up in the wrong spot, which caused the entire team to be offside.

The fact that the Colts were trying to draw the Pats into a presnap penalty is SO FUCKING FUNNY I just can't.

When the ref calls the team out for being on the entire wrong side of the field I just lost it.

The fact that the Colts were trying to draw the Pats into a presnap penalty is SO FUCKING FUNNY I just can't.

When the ref calls the team out for being on the entire wrong side of the field I just lost it.
Same :milaugh:

It's amazing to see a screw up of that magnitude.

Things like that sort of remind me of the Michigan vs State punt fuck up from 2015.

Although tbh, more a blunder than anything.