Questions & Mysteries Nika was as much of a "God" as the Lunarian's and Celestial Dragons are.

So here's the deal with people bringing up Sengoku, Catarina, Yamato df, etc.. etc...

That should be an even bigger red flag on the fact that Nika was potentially a real person all along. You don't have any elaborate myths or tales on the exploits of Buddha, or Kitsune or Makami, or any of those guys Devil Fruit deities.

Nika himself actually has a story to be told, and it's one the WG believed pertinent enough to erase from history itself. If he was meant to just be some corporal entity, thought to only exist to be worshipped, then there would be no need for him to have his entire existence, or lack there of for that matter, erased from history.

No one is a God if that means totally immortal but Luffy seems to be the closer to that for his power :josad:

Feel like even Marco is not immortal probably. I wonder what about Im, I vividly hope so too. Maybe Doffy wanted immortality to dethrone Im.

I'm half agree with your thread @Celestial D. Dragon

Like you could say that Nika, Joyboy, Imu, Enel, Lunarians, Celestial Dragons, are "Gods" but not literal gods. It's not like they can control the whole world through otherworldly supernatural powers.

Ironically, seeing your username making a thread about Celestial Dragons is kinda funny lol.

I'm half agree with your thread @Celestial D. Dragon

Like you could say that Nika, Joyboy, Imu, Enel, Lunarians, Celestial Dragons, are "Gods" but not literal gods. It's not like they can control the whole world through otherworldly supernatural powers.

Ironically, seeing your username making a thread about Celestial Dragons is kinda funny lol.
I hope no literal God exists. That would ruin the manga imo.

I mean you don't have cope we already have Sengoku DF.

Nika is a god like Buddha at least so far.
Post automatically merged:

I hope no literal God exists. That would ruin the manga imo.
GODa
Post automatically merged:

Finally someone who understands. To me Oda's message about Gods are "Men" who achieved higher status and people over time called them Gods.

Ryuma is a prime example for this. If anyone wants to read a long post about Gods check my signature.

Cheers @Celestial D. Dragon :cheers:
Nika is in the same status as Buddha a deity.

Ryuma it's confirmed to be a human who got the tittle sword God so far.

Last edited:
Sure he is a loser. But the point is everyone worship who they admire. In another 800 years the fruit could be named Human Human Model Luffy.
That's part of the mystery here. If someone uses the mythical fruit of a figure that was worshipped and they start getting worshipped themselves, does that duplicate the fruit? Can you have multiple fruits that give the same power but based on different individuals....like if Sengoku was worshipped for saving a kingdom from pirates, could there then be a mythical Sengoku fruit in additional to the Buddha fruit?

Or were all possible fruits created at one time by the ancient kingdom or World Government, so no new mythical fruits or any fruits at all can be created (besides Vegapunk's & smiles)?

That's part of the mystery here. If someone uses the mythical fruit of a figure that was worshipped and they start getting worshipped themselves, does that duplicate the fruit? Can you have multiple fruits that give the same power but based on different individuals....like if Sengoku was worshipped for saving a kingdom from pirates, could there then be a mythical Sengoku fruit in additional to the Buddha fruit?

Or were all possible fruits created at one time by the ancient kingdom or World Government, so no new mythical fruits or any fruits at all can be created (besides Vegapunk's & smiles)?
So let's just say hypothetically, King somehow was able to pass on his Lunarian abilities into a Devil Fruit. This is after he made a big name for himself, and became worshipped like the God's his ancestors are known for. The person who eats his Devil Fruit, gains his abilities, and if they awaken that Devil Fruit, they take on the appearance of a Lunarian, and can utilize the Lunarian bloodline abilities to its maximum potential. For shits and giggles we'll call it the Hito Hito no Mi: Model Alber

Would that be a Mythical Zoan devil fruit?

You see, Sengoku doesn't really work as an example, because his powers come from a Devil Fruit. King on the other hand is a different story, because his powers are bloodline related.

I made a theory not so long ago that, that is how devil fruits were created. By people who possessed these powers naturally. To me it makes sense ever since the introduction of King, and the fact that Judge can manipulate the DNA of his offspring to give them powers without devil fruits.

Last edited:

So let's just say hypothetically, King somehow was able to pass on his Lunarian abilities into a Devil Fruit. This is after he made a big name for himself, and became worshipped like the God's his ancestors are known for. The person who eats his Devil Fruit, gains his abilities, and if they awaken that Devil Fruit, they take on the appearance of a Lunarian, and can utilize the Lunarian bloodline abilities to its maximum potential. For shits and giggles we'll call it the Hito Hito no Mi: Model Alber

You see, Sengoku doesn't really work as an example, because his powers come from a Devil Fruit. King on the other hand is a different story, because his powers are bloodline related.

I made a theory not so long ago that, that is how devil fruits were created. By people who possessed these powers naturally. To me it makes sense ever since the introduction of King, and the fact that Judge can manipulate the DNA of his offspring to give them powers without devil fruits.
Pretty much what Celestial D. Dragon said. But to elaborate or add more. The Souls of the certain individuals might posses Fruits and pass on their Natural gained powers or their Souls might project the things that they loved the most into a power aka "Mochi".

You are just pushing the problem back in regards to Buddha though because one could very well ask how Buddha came to be a golden giant that can produce shockwaves. So was there a race that could that? Or was Buddha a normal human that had mythical powers ascribed to him?

If 2 Lunarians did the same as King in your hypothetical scenario, do we then get 3 different devil fruits that all give their users the same lunarian powers?

What about a normal human with no bloodline powers that makes a big name for themselves and came to be worshipped as a god? Would they get a fruit, let's say for example a Hito Hito no Mi: Model Usopp. Would that fruit then be indistinguishable from Chopper's fruit?

The scenario you gave implies that (using Luffy's fruit for an example) Nika was part of a race of rubbery/fiery beings that got his bloodline abilities passed on to a fruit...but that just creates another mystery race that no one knows about. The question then becomes that if we assume that Buddha's abilities were completely imaginary for example, what then distinguishes the fruits of people who had real abilities as part of a bloodline and those with imaginary ones that didn't actually exist?