General & Others No one cares about the Worlds Strongest Swordsman title other than Zoro and Mihawk

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
It’s bizarre that Oda didn’t make Killer a swordsman wanting to go for the title. But then a lot of how Oda has treated the Kid Pirates is bizarre.

Also not sure why Oda bothered with explicitly saying King is not a swordsman then making a big point of how similar King and Zoro actually are.
Although again, Oda did not do a good job with King until like 120 chapters into the arc.

It’s treatment on Wano doesn’t bother me so much as there really is not a reason for Wano to care about being the best in the world. They produced it with Ryuma but they called him the God of the Sword instead.

I still think we’ll see more when Oda gets around to actually focusing on Mihawk but it’s treatment throughout the story has been mostly poor. Not every opponent Zoro’s had or swordsman needs to want to be WSS but there could have been some. Or at least have someone like Kaku tell Zoro that it was beyond him to achieve it.

Not unique to Zoro though, it’s legit shocking how no one cared about All Blue in WCI, not even Sanji. That should have been something that Big Mom wanted and Sanji found some hints about it during the arc.

We’ll have to hope Elbaf treats Usopp’s dream better, which I think will.

I still think we’ll see more when Oda gets around to actually focusing on Mihawk
We are almost 1050 Chapters in and we got almsot nothing about Mihawk

At this point you should know he exist for Zorros maingoal which nobody else cares about.Not sure why Oda never create some sort of rival for Zorro.But it is what it is

PK is THE titel you want in this Manga.Almost every Pirate want that titel

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
We are almost 1050 Chapters in and we got almsot nothing about Mihawk

At this point you should know he exist for Zorros maingoal which nobody else cares about.Not sure why Oda never create some sort of rival for Zorro.But it is what it is

PK is THE titel you want in this Manga.Almost every Pirate want that titel
We’ve had as much for Mihawk as we’ve had for Dragon. A bit more for Mihawk, really.

Both will play their roles when it‘s actually time for them to do so.

Whitebeard didn't care to be the strongest either. You don't become the WSS if you care, you become the WSS if the world acknowledges you as the most powerful in that specific area. And Mihawk himself doesn't hold onto the WSS title, seeks to fight a swordsman capable of taking his title. So if there was a swordsman stronger than Mihawk, Mihawk would challenge him, not accepting his title.

Am I the only who noticed that other than Zoro and Mihawk, no one cares about the WSS title? Like Oda introduced like a dozen captains in Sabaody vying to become the Pirate King as rivals just for Luffy, this is on top of the already existing Yonko's who're also vying to be Pirate King.

On the other hand, people vying for the WSS title other than Zoro? 0. Zoro has no rivals competing for the WSS title unlike Luffy. Heck even other powerful swordsman, Shanks, Fujitora, Rayleigh, Vista, Shiryu, none have shown any interest in obtaining the title, no wonder Mihawk has been waiting for a challenger for so long because no one actually seems to give a fuck about being the strongest swordsman other than him and Zoro.

Seriously it's honestly shocking that despite being 20+ years and 1000+ chapters into the manga, having met 1000s of civilians, marines and pirates in the Grandline, not a single one other than Zoro has shown any interest in becoming the WSS.

I think it’s time people admit Oda has fumbled on the title, like if Mihawks title was a story it would have 0 worldbuilding.
While you have a valid point, it does show that your dream does not have to be world-changing for your name to reach the heavens. :pepedoffy:

Anyone who says something like "No one cares about WSS except Zoro"
Show that they don't understand anything about this Manga they are reading
Either they are Biased when it comes to Zoro/Mihawk or they simply skipped almost all Manga
Lol you're the one who coping

Oda wrote WSS and the dream poorly
It's a trash title.
In fact making Zoro beg Mihawk to be his trainer ruined everything even.

S

stealthblack

Oda has a habbit of having only a person care about a title or dream so everyone can achieve their dreams and now have 1000 guys want to become WSS, so you will end up with one wss and 999 guys that failed. Same with pk title

Whys it a necessity for a bunch of people to care? I think it’s a personal goal for Zoro and we don’t even know if Mihawk cared about having a title, he just became famous for what he does and it stands out in the story only really because it’s Zoro’s dream to be the best around as a sword fighter. What we do know is that Mihawk sought out challenging opponents to a point where he felt like there’s none left who can give him the thrill he seeks in battle. Even Vista said all swordsmen naturally want to challenge Mihawk, to test themselves like on a personal level. That’s how I look at it, it’s not like pirate king where there’s a bunch of people racing and competing for that throne. Otherwise I’m sure there would have been several prominent characters going for it and Zoro might have even had a rival character to compete with throughout the story but it doesn’t seem to be the case.
So why strong character like Vista never even meet Mihawk to challenge him? Marineford the first time he meet him. Or the opposite, if Mihawk sought out challenging opponent, why he never search strong opponent like Vista, why he chase weaker opponent like Krieg?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
So why strong character like Vista never even meet Mihawk to challenge him? Marineford the first time he meet him. Or the opposite, if Mihawk sought out challenging opponent, why he never search strong opponent like Vista, why he chase weaker opponent like Krieg?
Is Vista stronger than shanks ?
He sails for fun now. He never challenged kreig. He walked from him

Lol you're the one who coping

Oda wrote WSS and the dream poorly
It's a trash title.
In fact making Zoro beg Mihawk to be his trainer ruined everything even.
Name me someone who dreams of finding All Blue except Sanji & Zeff?
Name me someone who dreams of finding All Healing Cure except Chopper & Hiriluk?
Name me someone who dreams of beating Mihawk except Zoro & Kuina?
Name me someone who have that Secret Dream except Luffy & Roger?
Name me someone who wants to draw World Map except Nami?

You people are just biased, you all accept that Luffy, Sanji, Nami & others have Unique Dreams shared by no one except those they Inherited their will from, but when it comes to Zoro, oh no his Dream sucks, it's Trash

Bias & Coping, you guys are Top Tier in these

Vista was honored to meet and test his skill against Mihawk but it’s not like it’s his dream to be the strongest swordsman, if Mihawk’s former rival is Shanks for what reason who he seek out Vista. For Kriege it’s his job as a warlord to crush up and coming pirates and he had the biggest armada in East blue, despite it being his job Mihawk made it clear he did it because he was bored basically just swatting flies since he was in the area.

B

Ballel

Am I the only who noticed that other than Zoro and Mihawk, no one cares about the WSS title? Like Oda introduced like a dozen captains in Sabaody vying to become the Pirate King as rivals just for Luffy, this is on top of the already existing Yonko's who're also vying to be Pirate King.

On the other hand, people vying for the WSS title other than Zoro? 0. Zoro has no rivals competing for the WSS title unlike Luffy. Heck even other powerful swordsman, Shanks, Fujitora, Rayleigh, Vista, Shiryu, none have shown any interest in obtaining the title, no wonder Mihawk has been waiting for a challenger for so long because no one actually seems to give a fuck about being the strongest swordsman other than him and Zoro.

Seriously it's honestly shocking that despite being 20+ years and 1000+ chapters into the manga, having met 1000s of civilians, marines and pirates in the Grandline, not a single one other than Zoro has shown any interest in becoming the WSS.

I think it’s time people admit Oda has fumbled on the title, like if Mihawks title was a story it would have 0 worldbuilding.
That's a plothole and is.rooted in the endless stretching of the story.
Oda initially planned for one piece to last for 5 years.
He had a general outlung of the story he wants to tell as well as the ending.

Everything else had to be filled in.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I think WSS reflects the personality of the wielders

They don't care about being famous and in general it's a goal Mihawk himself defined as easier to attain than PK ship and most importantly it lacked the media hype cause Roger's speech prior dying