General & Others No one cares about the Worlds Strongest Swordsman title other than Zoro and Mihawk

Whys it a necessity for a bunch of people to care? I think it’s a personal goal for Zoro and we don’t even know if Mihawk cared about having a title, he just became famous for what he does and it stands out in the story only really because it’s Zoro’s dream to be the best around as a sword fighter. What we do know is that Mihawk sought out challenging opponents to a point where he felt like there’s none left who can give him the thrill he seeks in battle. Even Vista said all swordsmen naturally want to challenge Mihawk, to test themselves like on a personal level. That’s how I look at it, it’s not like pirate king where there’s a bunch of people racing and competing for that throne. Otherwise I’m sure there would have been several prominent characters going for it and Zoro might have even had a rival character to compete with throughout the story but it doesn’t seem to be the case.
it just feel kinda odd if Zoro doesnt have any rival for that title, but atleast dont make him begged the title holder for training if his main goal is to surpass that holder.

imo, either you have a worthy rival or you dont beg the title holder to train you, thats it.

It's quite disappointing tbh, not from powerscaling perspective but instead regarding the lore. I remember Kuina's greatness and i imagine the path to become WSS to be so adventurous, a lore with dramatic plot points, promises being fulfilled and broken, almost as deep as the lore of Pirate King. Too bad theres no evil samurai for Zoro to conquer in Wano, i have high hopes for Kyoshiro to be evil Samurai... but apparently not.

it just feel kinda odd if Zoro doesnt have any rival for that title, but atleast dont make him begged the title holder for training if his main goal is to surpass that holder.

imo, either you have a worthy rival or you dont beg the title holder to train you, thats it.
Mihawk is his rival for the title. There doesn’t need to be anybody else. Mihawk is the absolute confirmed strongest so there is 0 purpose to personally compete with anybody else.

This thread would only matter if Mihawk didn’t exist. Then it would make better sense for someone like Kuina to still to be around.

I understand where you’re coming from, on the flip side I’ve seen a few stories where fighters end up fighting and defeating their mentors that taught them everything they know to surpass them and it can be an emotional experience because there’s a special bond between them, which is possible in Zoro/Mihawk’s case. An example that comes to mind is in Rurouni Kenshin (Oda worked under the author of this series), Kenshin fought his master, who was portrayed as the strongest swordsmen around, so he could learn the ultimate technique. I think this works and is a reason why I’m not that bothered about not having a rival. Zoro also wants to be the strongest for Luffy’s sake now too instead of just him and Kuina.

I agree, we could've been shown more characters atleast interested in attaining that goal but it doesn't delegitimize the title or Zoro's dream in my opinion. Plus, it's not surprising so many want to be Pirate King, looking at all that it entails.
Who in the world gives a fk about All Blue the fish pond? None, literally none. Even Sanji at one point gave up on it after watching more beautiful fishes.

When was last time someone in the manga actually mentioned All Blue?
Fishman Island, and again it was about Sanji giving up on it.

How many people have we seen that wanted to become the WSM or the WSC?
Those titles are given by Oda to characters that are at the top.
Plus Zoro's dream is something way more important than many people think.
He has only fought 2 fodder swordsmen up until now.
I have said in the past that the time is getting closer to actually understand what Zoro's dream is.
It would be fun though, reading comments from haters agreeing about how strong Mihawk is and then proceed to say: Yes he is a top tier but wings so we don't have to explain our bs that we spam for so many years.

Who in the world gives a fk about All Blue the fish pond? None, literally none. Even Sanji at one point gave up on it after watching more beautiful fishes.

When was last time someone in the manga actually mentioned All Blue?
Fishman Island, and again it was about Sanji giving up on it.
The whole point is that the All blue is some obscure dream

Zeff wouldn’t have sacrificed his leg for sharing some common dream.

WSS is like a gold medal equivalent. More than 2 people should care

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

How do you know they don't?
We see the world from luffys perspective and by proxy zoro.
Why would anyone who wants the wss ever challenge zoro up to this point ?

If they want the title you challenge mihawk
If you want other strong swordsmen there is yonko and Admiral swordsmen below that

Why would anyone come to zoro in relation to the wss title ?

How do you know they don't?
We see the world from luffys perspective and by proxy zoro.
Why would anyone who wants the wss ever challenge zoro up to this point ?

If they want the title you challenge mihawk
If you want other strong swordsmen there is yonko and Admiral swordsmen below that

Why would anyone come to zoro in relation to the wss title ?
I’m just saying what’s been shown.

The whole point is people crying how nobody in Wano acknowledge Mihawk as World Strongest Swordsman. Same Wano which is isolated and has closed border. Same Wano that doesn't really know much what is going on outside.
Mihawk never came to Wano. Proof: Kaido didn't list him among the big figures like Xebec, Roger, Shanks, etc.
So it actually makes sense that Wano the country of Samurai, doesn't really know Mihawk. Another thing is, Wano is home of samurais, the eastern swordsman. While Mihawk is not even samurai, he wields big ass sword shaped like cross, and lives in some western castle. His name is even Dracule (western creature and not some eastern name like Kozuki, Oni, Naruto etc).
So Mihawk = western swordsman while Wano are Eastern samurais.

Meanwhile, what about All Blue????
Why nobody in Fishman Island, the home of all fishmen, mermaids and filled with other deep sea creatures, nobody there ever mentioned All Blue even once?
Fishman Island, home of all fishmen, not isolated nor closed, actually have some of the fishmen scattered all across the world from East Blue to Wano. Roger, Luffy, Whitebeard, Kaido, Big Mom, and Dragon each have fishmen in their crew.
Yet despite fishmen being scattered and not closed nor isolated, why nobody of them ever give a shit about the supposed legendary fairytale fish pond of All Blue??
Post automatically merged:

Eastern samurais in isolated, closed country doesn't know Mihawk the WSS with western swordsman style = waaah WSS is irrelevant waaah

All fishmen, mermen, mermaids across the world doing adventure yet nobody gives a shit about legendary fish pond All Blue = *keeps silent*.

OPlers double standard.

We've barely seen someone going after World's Strongest titles.

Almost nobody has shown interest in becoming WSC (Kaido), World's Most Dangerous Criminal (Dragon) or WSM (Whitebeard).

However I kinda agree that Oda should have created a couple of solid rivals to the WSS title cause he's a main character.

But again, if we see how he's treating other "World's" titles it's not surprising to see that nobody else is trying to become WSS.

The whole point is people crying how nobody in Wano acknowledge Mihawk as World Strongest Swordsman. Same Wano which is isolated and has closed border. Same Wano that doesn't really know much what is going on outside.
Mihawk never came to Wano. Proof: Kaido didn't list him among the big figures like Xebec, Roger, Shanks, etc.
So it actually makes sense that Wano the country of Samurai, doesn't really know Mihawk. Another thing is, Wano is home of samurais, the eastern swordsman. While Mihawk is not even samurai, he wields big ass sword shaped like cross, and lives in some western castle. His name is even Dracule (western creature and not some eastern name like Kozuki, Oni, Naruto etc).
So Mihawk = western swordsman while Wano are Eastern samurais.

Meanwhile, what about All Blue????
Why nobody in Fishman Island, the home of all fishmen, mermaids and filled with other deep sea creatures, nobody there ever mentioned All Blue even once?
Fishman Island, home of all fishmen, not isolated nor closed, actually have some of the fishmen scattered all across the world from East Blue to Wano. Roger, Luffy, Whitebeard, Kaido, Big Mom, and Dragon each have fishmen in their crew.
Yet despite fishmen being scattered and not closed nor isolated, why nobody of them ever give a shit about the supposed legendary fairytale fish pond of All Blue??
Post automatically merged:

Eastern samurais in isolated, closed country doesn't know Mihawk the WSS with western swordsman style = waaah WSS is irrelevant waaah

All fishmen, mermen, mermaids across the world doing adventure yet nobody gives a shit about legendary fish pond All Blue = *keeps silent*.

OPlers double standard.
Because the All blue isn’t real. Literally no one but 2 people believes it who would talk about it.

Not like WSS is some myth