Nostalgic Thread

I saw this quote yesterday and it kinda made me nostalgic
"Sometimes there's nothing to go back to but you still miss it so much"

Just think about my childhood like living in a small apartment with my family, walking to school in knee-deep snow, 8 am Spongebob reruns, figure skating lessons, going tobogganing with my parents, moving to a new country etc

Most of these I can still do and gotta say for the most part, life improved for the better, but the memories still makes me feels nostalgic.

Everyone talking about shows they watched as kids, if anyone has seen Crayon Shin-chan, Kodocha, Doraemon, hit me up. Those were my fav shows.

lmao I watched this too with my family. I don't think I can sit through an episode now but I remember getting really into it when I was a kid
Doraemon was just Nobita's dream

Worst anime trauma of all times :(

I think they said that it's not the case, that's what they planned originally. But due to outrage, they changed it. The real "ending" is the one seen in the Stand By Me Doraemon movie
I miss the '90-'00.

My first anime were Digimon and Marmalade Boy.

Those were the times I was used to going to nursery school and primary school.

Then Pokémon and Dragon Ball Z took over fast.

-Nokia 3310 ( my first phone ever):myman:,
Used to play Snake Xenzia a lot
Space Impact > Snake.

Everyone talking about shows they watched as kids, if anyone has seen Crayon Shin-chan, Kodocha, Doraemon, hit me up. Those were my fav shows.
I know Crayon Sinchan and Doraemon.
These good old chilling animes, Crayon Sinchan, Doraemon, Hamstaro and Chibi Maruko chan. Those were my sist's favorites along with Detective Conan, Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura.

Didn't actually watched them though, usually I changed the channel to watch other shows like Digimon, Inuyasha, and Dragon Ball.

:catsweat: You wake up at 4.30?? I only started the usual Sunday morning show at like 6.30 or 7 am..

Miss this too.. But the opposite, walking from school at home...
Still remember that time when my school had an event in evening, and we went home together crossing town streets in the night like 8 pm... Good old days, nowadays it's rare seeing people going places walking..
You remember Persami? I used to hate it so much, but now remembering them wasn't so bad anymore

Wow herding sheep, I was afraid touching rabbit back then

Which beach? Gunung Kidul? Tepus?

:myman:
Eddy!! Hari!! Ahok!! Agus!!

+ Crash Team Racing, Smackdown vs Raw (main yang bra and panties), Dynasty Warrior.

Harvest Moon :catsweat: Mayor Thomas, Saibara, Karen, Ellen, Stu
Which girl did you pick first? Karen or Elli?

Pengiritan biar ga langsung beli baru :cheers:

What is mulberry?

I used to go to grandma's place too in Sundays. My aunt owned a Vcom there.

p.s.
si kntl ngisormu malah oot meneh
This is mulberry:

You might know it as murbei
Post automatically merged:

-Nokia 3310 ( my first phone ever):myman:,
Used to play Snake Xenzia a lot
lmao, my first phone ever too. Received it from my aunt in 2007.

lmao I watched this too with my family. I don't think I can sit through an episode now but I remember getting really into it when I was a kid
which versions did you watch?

I myself watched the 1983's version of "The Legend of Condor Heroes" and it's sequel from the same year "The Return of Condor Heroes" that was played by Andy Lau.

Last edited:
S

Shuyaku

I lived in Romania till i was 8 years old, where anime/manga is not popular now, let alone 13-ish years ago. But at night time, past midnight there was some sort of channel on TV that used to air some old animes, like Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho etc. i often stayed up without anyone knowing so i could watch them.

I thought anime was some ultra edgy shit and i was a badass for knowing what it was.

Holy shit i found it LMFAOOOOO

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
which versions did you watch?

I myself watched the 1983's version of "The Legend of Condor Heroes" and it's sequel from the same year "The Return of Condor Heroes" that was played by Andy Lau.
Lemme check, I don't remember much just that it was blurry as shit lmao

ok yup that one. But I think my fav from those series is probably Demi Gods and Semi Devils

I thought anime was some ultra edgy shit and i was a badass for knowing what it was.
The "anime is badass/edgy" phase......I thought we all agreed to erase this from our memories lol

S

Shuyaku

Lemme check, I don't remember much just that it was blurry as shit lmao

ok yup that one. But I think my fav from those series is probably Demi Gods and Semi Devils

The "anime is badass/edgy" phase......I thought we all agreed to erase this from our memories lol
It was a dark secret for me, in daytime i used to watch regular kiddy cartoons then at night time crazy violent anime fight scenes, it was surreal to an 8 year old kid.

Recently i noticed my 9 year old cousin is going theough the same thing after discovering Tokyo Ghoul on Youtube. It’s really funny.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
It was a dark secret for me, in daytime i used to watch regular kiddy cartoons then at night time crazy violent anime fight scenes, it was surreal to an 8 year old kid.

Recently i noticed my 9 year old cousin is going theough the same thing after discovering Tokyo Ghoul on Youtube. It’s really funny.
Haha, +1 for Tokyo Ghoul here. That and Attack on Titan. I remember drawing the characters etc and would take my sketchbook to school to show off

:shame:

too bad kid me wasn't a good artist

Kids are so innocent lmao

Lmao watching Inuyasha did make me feel somewhat edgy.
Other animes or show still focuses about Chosen Children who have monsters that can transform, some children going around the world collecting pocket monsters, four eyed brat with his cat robot, cat and mouse trying to "fight" each other with exaggerating tricks etc.

Yet we have Inuyasha whose MC is a long haired adult man, involved in triangle love thing and acting badass with constant swearing "Bah!".

On another note I also miss:
- those 1 hour long weekly Saturday evening spent in church. Without actually listening or understanding what the Priest is talking about, only sitting there with minds going everywhere and kept looking at clock for every 5 minutes, wishing the praying will end faster.
- watching WWE (or still WWF at that time?) every Friday night. Watching mask Kane and biker Taker destroying everybody was fond memories.
Fast forward several years, DX with Triple H and Shawn Michaels with their feud against McMahon family + Spirit Squad + Samoan Bulldozer Umaga + Big Show was really entertaining too. And then good old The Great Khali destroying everyone.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Other animes or show still focuses about Chosen Children who have monsters that can transform, some children going around the world collecting pocket monsters, four eyed brat with his cat robot, cat and mouse trying to "fight" each other with exaggerating tricks etc.

Yet we have Inuyasha whose MC is a long haired adult man, involved in triangle love thing and acting badass with constant swearing "Bah!".

- those 1 hour long weekly Saturday evening spent in church. Without actually listening or understanding what the Priest is talking about, only sitting there with minds going everywhere and kept looking at clock for every 5 minutes, wishing the praying will end faster.
- watching WWE (or still WWF at that time?) every Friday night. Watching mask Kane and biker Taker destroying everybody was fond memories.
Fast forward several years, DX with Triple H and Shane McMahon with their feud against McMahon family + Spirit Squad + Samoan Bulldozer Umaga + Big Show was really entertaining too. And then good old The Great Khali destroying everyone.
Watching Inuyasha as a kid, way up past my bedtime or early in the morning was legit the best. He'd be cursing, calling everyone a bastard or saying damn it. Add in the spooky and eerie music + some fanservice and I thought I was watching some secret adult show lmfao.

Oh, feel you on church. Every Sunday for me, sometimes spending close to two hours due to being an alter boy. Then the post-church meet and greet for parents while us kids awkwardly wanted to do anything but talk.

S

Shuyaku

Fast forward several years, DX with Triple H and Shawn Michaels with their feud against McMahon family + Spirit Squad + Samoan Bulldozer Umaga + Big Show was really entertaining too. And then good old The Great Khali destroying everyone.
Ah yes, when we thought WWE was real.

remember boogeyman?

Watching Inuyasha as a kid, way up past my bedtime or early in the morning was legit the best. He'd be cursing, calling everyone a bastard or saying damn it. Add in the spooky and eerie music + some fanservice and I thought I was watching some secret adult show lmfao.
Inuyasha was aired in regular time here, like 7 AM.
And yes even the ost sounds somewhat edgy, especially the sad sounding ones. The animation played during ost too, Kaguma riding on a train in a snowy night.

Oh, feel you on church. Every Sunday for me, sometimes spending close to two hours due to being an alter boy. Then the post-church meet and greet for parents while us kids awkwardly wanted to do anything but talk.
Haha lmao :yearight:

Ah yes, when we thought WWE was real.
Ah I was triggered hard when my dad's friend suddenly said "WWE is scripted."

When the superstars brawled each other outside the arena, or in their own home, I was legit thinking like "Triple H should hire cops in his home!!"

remember boogeyman?
Eh only kinda... I think I mostly missed the episodes where Boogeyman was highlighted..

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Sneaking drinks at family parties or when you're out with your friends is a very underrated activity and you don't appreciate it until you get older. Like, damn. Some of the best nights I've had in HS is thanks to a few friends and myself just drinking where we shouldn't be, going to some local garbage dump in the woods and deciding to be idiots there for awhile. Or doing your best to sneak beers at a family party and make sure only the cool uncles noticed. Adds a real rush to the whole event and makes drinking real special. Now it's kinda just boring unless you drink a lot.

Inuyasha was aired in regular time here, like 7 AM.
And yes even the ost sounds somewhat edgy, especially the sad sounding ones. The animation played during ost too, Kaguma riding on a train in a snowy night.

Kikyo's theme is something I'll still go back to once in awhile. It's probably the nostalgia but it hits a nerve.

Haha lmao :yearight:
lmfao. I learned much from my priest...

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Thanks for the Tag @Topi Jerami -Senpai but now I'm way too emotional reading everyone's replies :josad:

Just seeing your CCG Zero hour screenshot broke me. I'm about to ignore my doctor on staying away from electronics for more than an hour a day and just play all day

- Having the best laughs walking home from school with my best friend. I have talked to him once the past 6 years :josad::josad:
- Stealing my older brother's laptop to watch Case Closed English Dub episodes. Then finding out it's actually detective conan and continuing online with fan subs
- Reading leaked shitty Mangapanda Naruto, Bleach and One Piece chapters in my lab back in the day
- Going to Grandma's house every weekend
- Playing Madden, Fifa, CCG, COD with friends almost everyday highschool
- Watching NFL games with Pops and brothers (never happens anymore)

Too much memories

1. Being top 3 fastest kid that it's hard to catch me:myman:
2. Having a firecracker war against nearest village kids:suresure:
3. Playing football until sunset
4. Jungling into the nearest wild nature area
5. The legendary Winning eleven, downhill, GTA San Andreas, Crash team racing, dynasty warrior, the warrior, bully,
6. Watching friends playing PS1 and PS2 all day (just watching)
7. Maybe it's a bit opposite with most of you here, I don't usually watch cartoons on TV at Sunday because usually I play football with friends at morning or have a walk to the center of town with friends. I usually only watch dragon ball because I was back at home at 9am which dragon ball starts on TV.
8. Riding a bike with friends visiting many places.
9. Playing a police-bandit game on Saturday night all friends
10. Mock each other with parents' name:milaugh:
11. Watching very short clip using idk its name which need to use only one eye
12. When there's swimming class, pretending to go drown into the water with intention to see girls panties:brootea:
13. Crying in the class because I can't see what teacher writes on blackboard (I was myopia but didn't use glasses back then)
14. Chase a kite detached from its thread
15. Didn't pay for using public transportation
16. Hitchhiked random car with friends
17. Playing online game
18. Eat together at the garden
19. And the list still go on