Current Events Now that the Egghead centric flashback around Kuma ended...it is time to rate it!

Rate the Kuma and Egghead flashback.

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
8/10. I would have liked a strong plot hook in the latter half of the flashback. It was a lot more character focused which is good, but the flashback went on for so long it got a little tedious

8/10. The parts about Kuma were great but felt the Nika stuff was too much to establish a lore. The last two chapters specifically were just tying up loose ends

Very moving flashback,i voted 9 and not 10 because it wasnt perfect. There were some PIS (Ginny,a RA commander,being kidnapped by who? Then,she cant find a way to call Kuma and the others,while when she was a child she was stealing phones everywhere? And why Kuma never tried to save her with his power?) but it was a good flashback. Everytime Oda writes about father-daughter relationships,you can tell its personal for him,having two daughters he doesnt always see. It was also good to have these different POVs of past events of the story. So it deserves its 9 out of 10.

Cheesy and overly sentimental, I hate how it tried to make a saint out of Kuma with his story being a constant continuous martyrdom (hell, at times i felt I was reading the “Book of Job”).
I would have liked his character and the whole thing to be at least a little bit more nuanced, and the least I talk about the Nika crap shoved down the reader’s throat the better.
Having said that it has some genuine moving moments and expanded quite a bit on some aspect of the series lore.
6 out of 10 then…

I'd give it an 8. It for sure could have been 1-2 chapters shorter but I'm glad to see Oda hasn't lost his touch when it comes to making me tear up.