General & Others Oda and his editors aren't even doing the most basic proofreading

Who's Who: I hate everything about Luffy, his fruit, and his stupid hat! My grudge runs deep!

Chapter 981 Who's Who: Luffy? Who is that? Ah, Udon's escapee, leave that to the rat catchers.

Yep oda totally thought of this gum gum plotline from the very start and didn't make it up recently.

Also, why focus so much on fodders? King's haki was hyped to oblivion which was used as fodder control and yet Luffy doesn't use it since it will make the whole Tama plotline unnecessary. Oda is the king of making uninteresting, unnecessary side characters the focal point of the plot, even getting more screen time than the actual main characters just for the sake of extending his manga as long as possible.
It may was a last minute desicion but it certainly isnt a plothole as:
1) who's who never asked who is luffy in chapter 981.
2) who's who himself clarified that his resentment is mostly towards shanks and not so much towards luffy.

Now about kings haki, if luffy uses it, will take down his own men too not only the enemies so it wont change much. It is also very possible that he will waste much of his haki reserves which he needs for his fight against kaido.

One thing that threw me off was WsW speculating on Luffy's hat to originally be Shanks' too broadly. I'm fairly confident there are so many of those hats around the world. Unless it will be revealed to be a special one for some odd reason.

One thing that threw me off was WsW speculating on Luffy's hat to originally be Shanks' too broadly. I'm fairly confident there are so many of those hats around the world. Unless it will be revealed to be a special one for some odd reason.
Lol it would be strange if WsW did not think that.
Shanks stole the fruit while using the hat and 10 years later a rookie appears not only using the fruit that was stolen but also the hat that Shanks stopped using for quite some time. Literally basic connection there.

Lol it would be strange if WsW did not think that.
Shanks stole the fruit while using the hat and 10 years later a rookie appears not only using the fruit that was stolen but also the hat that Shanks stopped using for quite some time. Literally basic connection there.
But he did not know that Shanks lent him the hat.

It feels rather inconsistent to me, claiming otherwise is outright defending Oda's choice unnecessarily.

Then again it's too much of a pushed assumption, I would have preferred if he did not mention that was Shanks' hat so broadly as it could very well have been Luffy's own hat don't you believe. Strawhats are not that uncommon, so it's a logical inconsistency to assume the hat was necessarily Shanks'. What if Luffy wanted to simply imitate the man whose devil fruit was connected to. Or that was simply his'.

But he did not know that Shanks lent him the hat.

It feels rather inconsistent to me, claiming otherwise is outright defending Oda's choice unnecessarily.

Then again it's too much of a pushed assumption, I would have preferred if he did not mention that was Shanks' hat so broadly as it could very well have been Luffy's own hat don't you believe. Strawhats are not that uncommon, so it's a logical inconsistency to assume the hat was necessarily Shanks'. What if Luffy wanted to simply imitate the man whose devil fruit was connected to. Or that was simply his'.
It isn't it's a pretty basic connection.
Oda has some pretty debatable decisions but this isn't one of them.
I am actually amazed on how someone is complaining about this, lol.
Who's who might have been wrong in his claim but he has no other reason to think this isn't Shanks hat.

Remember that Who's Who was chilling in his room and Jinbei fought him for no reason instead of helping Luffy getting to the roof(maybe even joining them at Yonko fight) or help the battle somewhere else.

One Piece is a fairly simple and straightforward series... so it amazes me people can get confused about the basic things it and then blame the author for it.

Who's Who is a member of the Flying Six.

Kaidou says bring Yamato to him and he will allow you to challenge any All-Star for their position.

Since this is the highest position after the Captain in the crew Who's Who is interested.

Queen offered a promotion to the Flying Six for killing the intruding Worst Gen Pirates.

Since Who's Who is already a member of the Flying Six this doesn't interest him.

A guy says taking the Worst Gen guys out will bring 'Glory'.

Who's Who says finding Yamato is more important and doesn't want Sasaki to find her first.

While Who's Who has some resentment for Luffy he's not some berserker who just has to lash out at a person who he dislikes and is far more interested in improving his status in the Beast Pirates.

One Piece is a fairly simple and straightforward series... so it amazes me people can get confused about the basic things it and then blame the author for it.
lmao straightforward you say? please if you may you can take a look at Dressrosa and WCI arc again
:mihanha::luffylaugh::rolaugh:

Last edited: