General & Others Oda confirms that "rooftop" wasn't his idea and that he was pressured to do it.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
You still can't do it without Enma!
Don't know what you are trying to say here but let's have some reality check.

1) Emma was a nerf and not PU implied in manga chapter 1033 of ONE PIECE (for your reference so that you don't go back to chapter 1033 of two piece) :milaugh:

2)Zoro didn't just took Emma and became a beast. He actually trained himself like Luffy and unlike sanji who got RS and just by using few times had his genes activated to get 3 PUs - but I don't see you bringing this up. That's why there is a saying - don't throw stones at someone's house when your own house is made up of glass:pepelit:

Right,

And Oda is not in control of this series?
Is the suggestion from editors that important?
Or, is it just an after thought, because he felt ashamed/guilty when he looked back how Wano arc has been so far?
Not 1 person went to his face and said he needs to prepare something for the chapter,but He saw the buzz and the preparations from the Editors and he thought he needs to prepare something big for the occasion .

It doesn't matter since it was never part of the plot, the editors wanted a massive fanservice orgy for the retarted stans of the series, so Oda was pressured to do it. Oda actually says that the editors had ideas ready for chapter 1000th, he just had to give them the green light.
I guess the last 19 years of One Piece is not part of the plot since Oda was forced to continue One Piece even though he planned to end it in 5 years :whitepress:

What he's saying is, he was stalling the story so that roofpiece matches with chapter 1000, not that the rooftop wasn't his idea lmao
Yes, those climbing up the stairs to reach upper floors, and now King is casually throwing Zoro outside. Oda is admitting that he "delayed" the chapter 1000 and added some random stuff to make 1000th chapter special.

Not 1 person went to his face and said he needs to prepare something for the chapter,but He saw the buzz and the preparations from the Editors and he thought he needs to prepare something big for the occasion .
So, its like he valued their efforts and thought, I should do something special.

Or, just... they were not wrong, I am not wrong either, if the shoe fits I will wear, if not, then, who cares. I am just blabbing, I know, but it could have been done better.

I doubt that Rooftop Piece wasn't a part of Wano arc - Oda is too prepared not to include that in advance, and his story structure is very flexible - but it definitely did feel disjointed from the very beginning, like maybe it was supposed to happen in different sequences later.

Like maybe Luffy vs. Kaido and Law + Kidd vs. BM separately, then the three SN vs. two Yonko end up on the rooftop to tag team.

Then Zoro beats King and Killer beats Hawkins and they go up to join their captains on the rooftop with Zoro already knowing ACoC.

It would make more sense as to how Zoro could scar Kaido with his ACoC slash instead of randomly using it out of nowhere + all that Enma wank :quest:

As someone said, it really was his idea. It is just the lapse of time he had to plan, making chapter 1000 more epic. If it werent for the pressure, it might have been in more chapters later or in some chapters behind.

Zoro was gonna fight Orochi and kill him
His plot in wano was linked to Orochi

Come onigashima, Zoro starts saying "I came to cut kaido down"
The hell, you never showed this resentment before you saw kiku arm going
Only SN TRIO were shown starting the want to fight and beat Kaido

Zoro plot vs Kaido was forced!
Zoro vs Kaido was set in stone as soon as he received Enma. He could’ve fought Orochi too but that scar and King 1v1 was 1000% something Oda planned from the start