General & Others Oda confirms that "rooftop" wasn't his idea and that he was pressured to do it.

So if this was fan service... why one of the TOP 4 most popular characters (Sanji) up on the roof

You would think he would want Sanji stans to be very happy and boost those sales by putting him "on the roof"

I thought the entire point of editors was to help make the story better.
I could imagine people would be enjoying the raid a lot more if we didn't have that awful stretch of chapters of Luffy just running for the rooftop just so Oda's editors could have their chapter 1000 milestone.
Like imagine if we got the rooftop fight shortly after the raid started, people would be losing their minds. We were fucking robbed of an actually good raid intro.
:lusalty:

Oda's idea was changed the moment he realized how potent Zoro was and so he had to abandon the rooftop project and have the background shifted onto a new configuration.

Who said that the SN weren't really supposed to be in Wano so it would originally have been Luffy and Zoro vs Kaido?
Post automatically merged:

Zoro was gonna fight Orochi and kill him
His plot in wano was linked to Orochi

Come onigashima, Zoro starts saying "I came to cut kaido down"
The hell, you never showed this resentment before you saw kiku arm going
Only SN TRIO were shown starting the want to fight and beat Kaido

Zoro plot vs Kaido was forced!
Yes destiny has forced Zoro to be an Oni Hunter
Post automatically merged:

I thought the entire point of editors was to help make the story better.
I could imagine people would be enjoying the raid a lot more if we didn't have that awful stretch of chapters of Luffy just running for the rooftop just so Oda's editors could have their chapter 1000 milestone.
Like imagine if we got the rooftop fight shortly after the raid started, people would be losing their minds. We were fucking robbed of an actually good raid intro.
:lusalty:
Not as big a robbery as those fake deaths?

Oda might have had a different order of events in mind

i think this is the truth , oda have a plan maybe the original is like usual flying 6 fight then calamities then kaido but somehow he must change the order because the hype of ch 1000
while i agreed that rooftop fight is fanservice but if it,s good fanservice why not? of course dragging plot along and running up the latter seems like padding .... and not very good for the story

Last 10 chapters was really bad before chapter 1000 it felt like oda was stalling progress .

What makes sense to me he wanted rooftop panel way early he even said in interview he was planning to bring back fate of sabo and others soon . He had plans of wrapping up wano by 2021 most likely .

Most likely publishers pushed oda to create more content to milk out more chapters .

You also said zoros main fight was gonna be kyoshiro at some point. And well no, law didnt have any proper plotline with kaido either.

Killer did though as he fought kaido alongside kid before.

Does it matter whose opinion it was or not ?
In the end it made it to the Canon manga and if we simply erase a certain amount of chapters because we dislike the combat feats some characters received then can't we do that with every other prior chapter?
Yes we could all just be writing fanfictions instead (some already are anyway)

Last edited:

Its possible he was meant for momo to use ame no habakiri to defeat him in the end .

Lot of plotlines hardly made sense especially asspull stuff like adult momo . Overall its not like wano is totally good arc . The volume sales clearly was the result the fights in op are average atm .

Moments like chapter 1000 boost the sales . It does feel like even oda has not really created structured arc for wano .

I bet Oda was like "let's pretend I can afford having Zoro standing on the rooftop, then I will kick him out and let things fall apart or else I will forcibly have to end the arc way earlier xd