Current Events Oda has the same problem as GRRM

One of the problems that GRRM has is that whenever he has an idea for a cool new character or plot point, he adds it to his story without considering how much it will stretch out the plot. He wants to finish ASOIAF in two books, but there’s no way that can happen unless both TWOW and ADOS are like twice the length of ASOS or unless he just gives us a very rushed ending.

Oda is similar in that regard, and this final arc is really proving it. Idk how he ever thought he could finish the story after Wano in just 5 years with all the extra fluff he’s adding. He not only has to finish Egghead, he also has to devote chapters to Elbaf, Burn Scar Man, Vegapunk if he survives, Void Century flashback, God Valley flashback, Cross Guild, the RHPs, the BBPs, Marines, CP0, Holy Knights, Gorosei, Imu, Kong, Garp, Aokiji, Law, probably Kid since Oda doesn't have the cajones to kill him off, Pudding and probably the new BMPs led by Kata, Poseidon, Pluton, Uranus, Revolutionaries, SHGF, Vivi and Morgans, Marco, Weevil, probably Sengoku and Tsuru, SHs fulfilling their non-combat oriented dreams (like Chopper probably having to miraculously cure Luffy of whatever disease killed Roger after Luffy suddenly gets afflicted with it somehow), and several other characters that Oda will probably bring back even though he really doesn't need to. When you see how many characters Oda is including in the endgame, many of which weren't really necessary (like Burn Scar Man and Crocodile), it really makes you wonder if Oda meant to say 50 years instead of 5 years
Half of this will be cover stories or can be combined in big events throughout the rest of the story. I honestly can see several ways of combining events in this list to shorten the content needed to cover it all.

Did you read Wano?
And what was actually forgotten save for things people "think" they were promised? And be honest, there of plenty of things people wanted and just didnt get, doesnt mean Oda set the expectation and thats very different (see: Numbers, ZKK, etc). The most I can actually think of is a scene of Zoro at Ryuuma's grave, but we had characters that acknowledged that lineage already

And what was actually forgotten save for things people "think" they were promised? And be honest, there of plenty of things people wanted and just didnt get, doesnt mean Oda set the expectation and thats very different (see: Numbers, ZKK, etc). The most I can actually think of is a scene of Zoro at Ryuuma's grave, but we had characters that acknowledged that lineage already
Oda completely abandoned the Nidai Kitetsu

Grrm is lazy though and he dedicates 90% of his time to side projects. Oda for the most part is diligent and he spends most of his time writing one piece. Not anime or movies or TV shows.

I’m betting that the Nidai will be Momo’s sword. He needs two swords to do oden two sword style.
Maybe, I can imagine he'll be trained decently by the time we see him again, and I can see Sukiyaki gifting him the sword since Sukiyaki only crafted Sandai. Nidai was made by an ancestor (which makes Shodai extremely old), so passing it down makes sense

Zoro acknowledged it here. Again, you just expected he HAD to do something with it. This is not an issue with Wano, its an issue with fan expectation of Wano.
Yea let us create a subplot and surround it with mystery so that it can be resolved by "it was stolen". That is surely the readers fault for thinking there is something more important. It is never Oda's fault for creating that expectation for them.

Yea let us create a subplot and surround it with mystery so that it can be resolved by "it was stolen". That is surely the readers fault for thinking there is something more important. It is never Oda's fault for creating that expectation for them.
There was nothing about it being "surrounded with mystery". Again, your fan expectation vs Zoro just trying to see the sword when Luffy was playing around with it. There wasnt even a sublot lol, it was 2 related scenes

Im sorry you guys expect shit that was never promised to you.

This is what I'm talking about though. Sure it may be interesting to explore the Underworld brokers, but it's definitely not needed for the story to reach a satisying conclusion. Burn Scar Man isn't needed either. Oda could have just had the 4th RP be located in Elbaf and knock out 2 birds with one stone
Hmmm well not everything newly introduced to us as readers is something new to Oda. Some things can be additions on the spot and other things not. No way to know that unless you are Oda himself or ask dude. I think this kind of thought is probably for after the series is over and then we can see what seemed like excess and what is truly relevant

Oda is better writter and has greater work ethic than grrm . I know past few arcs are not really outstanding unlike grrm he knows how it all ends.

GRRM is great writer as well but the TV money is too mouth watering. Imagine HBO gives you multi million dollars to write them prequel. I stopped waiting for winds of winter.
You can say whatever you want about GRRM's work ethic, but if you really think Oda is "a better writer" than GRRM you can just as well run through the streets with a clown nose on.

Oda is writing a shonen story aka sth for teens.

GRRM wrote one of the best fictional series of all time, where the actual plot is way deeper and more nuanced than anything in OP.

You can't even compare it ffs. It's like someone claiming Beyblade is better written than Hamlet.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
You can say whatever you want about GRRM's work ethic, but if you really think Oda is "a better writer" than GRRM you can just as well run through the streets with a clown nose on.

Oda is writing a shonen story aka sth for teens.

GRRM wrote one of the best fictional series of all time, where the actual plot is way deeper and more nuanced than anything in OP.

You can't even compare it ffs. It's like someone claiming Beyblade is better written than Hamlet.
Fr.

The word "writer" lost it's meaning on this forum.

Mangaka is the best way to describe Oda.

There was nothing about it being "surrounded with mystery". Again, your fan expectation vs Zoro just trying to see the sword when Luffy was playing around with it. There wasnt even a sublot lol, it was 2 related scenes

Im sorry you guys expect shit that was never promised to you.
I disagree here.

Oda created a mistery around the Kitetsu since Loguetown:

-There are three of them
-They are all cursed
-Zoro as to put his arm on the line for the third to accept him

Zoro got the third so it was expected that he come across the others. Finally he crosses path with the Second Kitetsu, he asked several times to hold it which shows that he was interested in it. Especially because he felt something strange about the sword… then nothing happened.

No, the readers were totally justified to expect more than that.

The most likely explanation is that initially the Nidai Kitetsu was supposed to have the same characteristics as Enma but then Oda decide to create Enma and abandon the Nidai Kitetsu plot line.

Blaming the fans expectations make 0 sense and is disingenuous.

Oda is not perfect he make mistakes and sometimes he fumbled the bag.

What part of what i said is wrong here? It was not promised, you expected something out of it.

Wano did not "drop" it as a plot point
« Promises » in littterature is when an author set up a future event. For example, Oda’s showing Imu and the Gorosei’s monstrous form in shadow silhouette is a promise that we will get to see them later. If we never see them later it will not be the readers fault to have this expectation but Oda’s fault to not give a proper pay off for his build up.

The promise concenening the Kitetsu is that when Zoro will cross their path we will have a better understanding of what is their cursed and how the curse works.
The promise about the nidai Kitetsu is Zoro asking several times to hold it (which he never did) was a build up for Zoro holding the sword and dwelve on its lore or at bare minimum what makes it curse.

The plot line was abandon in favor of Enma.