Character Discussion Oda hates Zoro

Does Oda hate Zoro?

• Total voters
Zoro said he would gather the Samurai for Luffy, he didn't.

Zoro said he would avenge Yasui, he didn't.

Zoro said he would visit Ryuma's grave, he didn't.

Oda introduces Ushimaru Shimotsuki to possibly explore Zoro's background and past but later decides he has no further interest in exploring the character in an SBS.

Oda made Luffy parallel Ryuma instead of Zoro, his literal descendent.

Oda has been dropping Zoro's plotlines left and right in Wano, if he is doing this to him in the land of samurai, I can't imagine what he would do to Zoro in future arcs where he doesn't even have much connection to the plotline. Oda dedicated a whole arc to Sanji but can't even bother to explore plotlines for Zoro that would only take a few panels at most. If Usopp ends up getting similar focus as Sanji in Elbaf, then that confirms Oda hates Zoro.

Zoro have no Wano Background, that's Fan-Made
Nor is Ryuma his Ancestor, but the Parallel was indeed confirmed during the Raid by Hyogoro & Kawamatsu

Wano Story & Lore aren't over, it's obvious that Wano is a Huge part of Void Century & One Piece Treasure, we will learn more about it later,
And Samurai will still participate in Final War, so Zoro could lead them then, just like Usopp is expected to lead Elbaf Giants & Sanji might lead Germa & Jinbe will lead Fishmen ... etc

I wouldn't call avenging Yasuie a Sub-Plot tbh, it was just more fuel to Zoro preparing for the War.
The only scene that was indeed teased & i'm expecting to happen in upcoming Chapters is about Ryuma's Grave

Oda introduces Ushimaru Shimotsuki to possibly explore Zoro's background and past but later decides he has no further interest in exploring the character in an SBS.

Oda has been dropping Zoro's plotlines left and right in Wano, if he is doing this to him in the land of samurai, I can't imagine what he would do to Zoro in future arcs where he doesn't even have much connection to the plotline. Oda dedicated a whole arc to Sanji but can't even bother to explore plotlines for Zoro that would only take a few panels at most. If Usopp ends up getting similar focus as Sanji in Elbaf, then that confirms Oda hates Zoro.
Oda loves Zoro, he rarely get placeds in positions to take Ls unlike Luffy and Sanji

Already most believe that luffy and Sanji will be the primary hype tools for Greenbull within the few chapters while Zoro gets to look badass and stoic as always

Either way some of these plotlines could have been addressed by Oda but he simply doesn't want to or doesn't see the need for them.

If anything, Oda has the biggest boner in the world for Zoro.

The guy won't stop feeding him one liners, random named techniques never to be seen again, or just about every opportunity to look cool.

Dry your eyes, OP.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker

You fear Zoro for a good reason. :myman:

Oda loves Zoro, he rarely get placeds in positions to take Ls unlike Luffy and Sanji

Already most believe that luffy and Sanji will be the primary hype tools for Greenbull within the few chapters while Zoro gets to look badass and stoic as always

Either way some of these plotlines could have been addressed by Oda but he simply doesn't want to or doesn't see the need for them.
Oda drawing a panel of Zoro looking stoic vs Oda dedicating his time to writing actual plotlines for Zoro

Come on man you know one takes a lot more effort than the other, doing the bare minimum ain't love.

Oda drawing a panel of Zoro looking stoic vs Oda dedicating his time to writing actual plotlines for Zoro

Come on man you know one takes a lot more effort than the other, doing the bare minimum ain't love.
He literally doesn't have to do more though, Zoro is arguably the most popular One Piece character

All Oda has to do is give Zoro fans badass moments (as per usual) for him to be loved.

There's much more Oda can do but he probably wont.. Kaido and Zoro has the most potiental character wise but do you Oda building on them? Nope

WCI end = Oda hates Sanji

Wano end = Oda hates Zoro

Interesting lol
Oda has been doing every Strawhat not named Luffy a disservice since this timeskip began.

Pre-skip One Piece is a nigh flawless masterpiece with heart, adventure, action, drama, comedy, worldbuilding - the list goes on. It's just an unquestionable 10/10 for me. The camaraderie, the sprawling adventures, the humour, the character moments - everything.

Post-skip One Piece is still heads and shoulders above most shounen, and that just speaks to Oda's greatness even in his "decline" - which is only true in my eyes.

Decline or no decline, I think most would agree that the Strawhats themselves have not been given the shine they used. Granted, that comes with the territory of building such a massive world with so many characters and plot threads, and so on and so forth. Is it fair to expect all of that to continue and for Oda to keep giving the SHP shine? I don't know if it's fair, but I sure as hell know I'd be fine with writing out a shit ton of characters introduced - consequential and otherwise - if it meant more panel time for my favourite group of characters in all of fiction. I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Zoro is not that kind of character. I think he said it more so Luffy wouldn't worry than anything else.

Do you not know how to interpret what you read? Zoro said that he wanted to avenge Yasuie, but Hiyori immediately claimed to take care of it. Hiyori is the last to speak on the subject, so her will must prevail. Oda didn't drop anything, she did what she promised. Another thing is that you don't know how to read.

Zoro said he would visit Ryuma's grave, he didn't..
We'll see.

Before starting Wano, Oda said that Zoro will have a little flash back and we will know a little about his past. Which Oda complied with. We know that he is a Shimotsuki. Oda does not have to give everything with hair and signs. Sometimes keeping a certain mystery is good and it fits perfectly with Zoro.

And haven't you thought that if Oda compares Luffy to Ryuma and in turn Zoro is destined to be the new Ryuma, it's like comparing Luffy to Zoro?

As if there were few comparisons between Luffy and Zoro already.

Zoro may not have improved much as a character, which he didn't need as he's still very popular, but he has shone much brighter than Sanji in Whole Cake. And he will continue to shine, do not doubt that.

Since the beginning of Onde Piece Oda has been drawing parallels between Luffy and Zoro, he is not going to stop at this point. You just have to watch Wano. The chemistry between Luffy and Zoro is unique. He doesn't need more.

On the other hand Usopp needs it urgently.

So one arc made you come to this conclusion??? The same arc that:

- Did many of the Strawhats dirty
- Did the Yonko dirty
- Had a rushed conclusion
- Left many questions unanswered

The list goes on. Zoro has had some of the most hype moments in the series, even in Wano. This man blocked a combined attack from TWO emperors, forced one to dodge, was noted to have left a scar on Kaido, and defeated his strongest commander while heavily injured.