General & Others Oda Isn’t a Good Writer According to Pixar

I think post-Wano it will improve dramatically,remember OP was about Luffy taking on the Yonko to find the One Piece!But Oda kept having ideas and things became too big,the original OP plot we will see right now!
Oden and Roger's flashback was really fucking good,if you didn't get the feeling we accomplished something by reading this you don't really like OP!
What is so fucking good about Lolden and Roger's flashback?
Introducing Lady Toki, the survivor of Void Century, who contributed basically nothing to the story?
Or making Kaido which had biggest hype during his World Strongest Creature debut, got saved by a hostage?
Or offpanelling all the scabbards vs calamities?
Or making King and Queen appear in silhouette although they already appeared before, because in Oda's mind all characteers look cooler in silhouette?

I don't care what Pixar rules are,i like Oda's master piece and will keep reading without complaining about trivial shit!
If someone posted Miura's rule list for example, i would take it super seriously, Pixar makes animated movies, they would get gassed out so quickly if they tried making a 1000+ chapter manga. The same rule list doesn't apply to every writer. Pixar's rule list is "so good" that they made Cars 2 by following it :ihaha:

Pixar has 22 rules of writing which they believe is necessary when they write their scripts and Oda breaks almost every rule lmfao:
  1. You admire a character for trying more than for their successes.
  2. Keep in mind what’s interesting to you as an audience, not what’s fun to do as a writer. They can be very different.
  3. Trying for theme is important, however you won’t see what the story is actually about until you’re at the end of that story. Now rewrite.
  4. Once upon a time there was ___. Every day, ___. One day ___. Because of that, ___. Because of that, ___. Until finally ___.
  5. Simplify. Focus. Combine characters. Hop over detours. You’ll feel like you’re losing valuable stuff but it sets you free.
  6. What is your character good at, comfortable with? Throw the polar opposite at them. Challenge them. How do they deal?
  7. Come up with your ending before you figure out your middle. Seriously. Endings are hard, get yours working up front.
  8. Finish your story, let go even if it’s not perfect. In an ideal world you have both, but move on. Do better next time.
  9. When you’re stuck, make a list of what WOULDN’T happen next. Lots of times the material to get you unstuck will show up.
  10. Pull apart the stories you like. What you like in them is a part of you; you’ve got to recognize it before you can use it.
  11. Putting it on paper lets you start fixing it. If it stays in your head, a perfect idea, you’ll never share it with anyone.
  12. Discount the 1st thing that comes to mind. And the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th – get the obvious out of the way. Surprise yourself.
  13. Give your characters opinions. Passive/malleable might seem likable to you as you write, but it’s poison to the audience.
  14. Why must you tell THIS story? What’s the belief burning within you that your story feeds off of? That’s the heart of it.
  15. If you were your character, in this situation, how would you feel? Honesty lends credibility to unbelievable situations.
  16. What are the stakes? Give us reason to root for the character. What happens if they don’t succeed? Stack the odds against.
  17. No work is ever wasted. If it’s not working, let go and move on – it’ll come back around to be useful later.
  18. You have to know yourself: the difference between doing your best & fussing. Story is testing, not refining.
  19. Coincidences to get characters into trouble are great; coincidences to get them out of it are cheating.
  20. Exercise: take the building blocks of a movie you dislike. How d’you rearrange them into what you DO like?
  21. You gotta identify with your situation/characters, can’t just write ‘cool’. What would make YOU act that way?
  22. What’s the essence of your story? Most economical telling of it? If you know that, you can build out from there.
Damn these are really good tips.

What is so fucking good about Lolden and Roger's flashback?
Introducing Lady Toki, the survivor of Void Century, who contributed basically nothing to the story?
Or making Kaido which had biggest hype during his World Strongest Creature debut, got saved by a hostage?
Or offpanelling all the scabbards vs calamities?
Or making King and Queen appear in silhouette although they already appeared before, because in Oda's mind all characteers look cooler in silhouette?
Oda off paneled scabbards vs calamities so he can show us Momo’s dragon form crashing through buildings. Momo crashing into buildings had more panel time then the whole scabbards vs calamities.

here we have the child. "I don't care about reading" . Take this ignore my guy. My ignore list just keeps getting longer and longer.
Dude,i don't care about!Do what you want!i will kept posting stuff and debating the others hundreds of forum members!bye
Post automatically merged:

All Oda did in Lolden flashback is just adding more mysteries after mysteries, without bother to actually explaining it until decades later.

How can Blackbeard don't sleep?
What did Shanks ask to Roger? And why did he cry later?
Since when Shanks which was portrayed to be an innocent, good guy now becomes Gorosei snitch? Why does he change?
Mysteries are the best thing OP has to offer,we have a good time creating theories about them!

All Oda did in Lolden flashback is just adding more mysteries after mysteries, without bother to actually explaining it until decades later.

How can Blackbeard don't sleep?
What did Shanks ask to Roger? And why did he cry later?
Since when Shanks which was portrayed to be an innocent, good kid now becomes Gorosei snitch? Why does he change?
Oda has a great analytics team so he and they know his fanbase are easy to manipulate, if he just adds “mysteries”. It’s literally like giving candy to a baby. The candy is “mysteries” and the baby is the fanbase. Just add mysteries and the fanbase will think “it’s so cool , it’s “foreshadowing” future events” but in reality is just him creating events out his ass.

Fucking pixar? Bc they havent been assfucking themselves to fit the mainstream. Coincidences that make characters fit into social constructs is fucking pathetic. If youre gonna slander oda, please use competent writers
And guys here we have the tenth fanboy attacking Pixar instead of the actual list. Classical cult like behavior, attack the messenger instead of the message.

And guys here we have the tenth fanboy attacking Pixar instead of the actual list. Classical cult like behavior, attack the messenger instead of the message.
Bruh, Pixar is not the example to use. The list is gr8 but not even pixar use it correctly (considering it's their list, i find that pathetic) find a good writer that follows their list and we MIGHT listen to you

:crazwhat:They know good shit doesn't sell that's why oda too doesn't follow it
Pixar and odas money making list
1. Write a gOod thing
2. Fuck it to oblivion
3. Make money off retards like us who continue for 1 character pr bc its too late to throw away 21 years of our lives

Last edited by a moderator:
Pixar has 22 rules of writing which they believe is necessary when they write their scripts and Oda breaks almost every rule lmfao:
  1. You admire a character for trying more than for their successes.
  2. Keep in mind what’s interesting to you as an audience, not what’s fun to do as a writer. They can be very different.
  3. Trying for theme is important, however you won’t see what the story is actually about until you’re at the end of that story. Now rewrite.
  4. Once upon a time there was ___. Every day, ___. One day ___. Because of that, ___. Because of that, ___. Until finally ___.
  5. Simplify. Focus. Combine characters. Hop over detours. You’ll feel like you’re losing valuable stuff but it sets you free.
  6. What is your character good at, comfortable with? Throw the polar opposite at them. Challenge them. How do they deal?
  7. Come up with your ending before you figure out your middle. Seriously. Endings are hard, get yours working up front.
  8. Finish your story, let go even if it’s not perfect. In an ideal world you have both, but move on. Do better next time.
  9. When you’re stuck, make a list of what WOULDN’T happen next. Lots of times the material to get you unstuck will show up.
  10. Pull apart the stories you like. What you like in them is a part of you; you’ve got to recognize it before you can use it.
  11. Putting it on paper lets you start fixing it. If it stays in your head, a perfect idea, you’ll never share it with anyone.
  12. Discount the 1st thing that comes to mind. And the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th – get the obvious out of the way. Surprise yourself.
  13. Give your characters opinions. Passive/malleable might seem likable to you as you write, but it’s poison to the audience.
  14. Why must you tell THIS story? What’s the belief burning within you that your story feeds off of? That’s the heart of it.
  15. If you were your character, in this situation, how would you feel? Honesty lends credibility to unbelievable situations.
  16. What are the stakes? Give us reason to root for the character. What happens if they don’t succeed? Stack the odds against.
  17. No work is ever wasted. If it’s not working, let go and move on – it’ll come back around to be useful later.
  18. You have to know yourself: the difference between doing your best & fussing. Story is testing, not refining.
  19. Coincidences to get characters into trouble are great; coincidences to get them out of it are cheating.
  20. Exercise: take the building blocks of a movie you dislike. How d’you rearrange them into what you DO like?
  21. You gotta identify with your situation/characters, can’t just write ‘cool’. What would make YOU act that way?
  22. What’s the essence of your story? Most economical telling of it? If you know that, you can build out from there.
You don't need to read any of these rules to realize that Oda's Wano writing has been unfathomably terrible dogshit that he's been shoving down the audience’s throat.

That doesn't bother me at the slightest now, the issue is with those obsessed chimpanzee Redditors drooling over Oda's dick telling you to quit reading since their IQ is not high enough to realize that OP is a commercial product, you sell shit you get shit reviews. That's perfectly normal when you invite criticism upon yourself after trumpeting about Wano being hype just to deliver the garbage we're witnessing now lol.

Bruh, Pixar is not the example to use. The list is gr8 but not even pixar use it correctly (considering it's their list, i find that pathetic) find a good writer that follows their list and we MIGHT listen to you
My guy, the only pixar move I ever watched was Incredibles and I didn't even know they made Incredibles. Pixar was not the point of my thread. You maybe right, that Pixars have incompetent writers but that isn't the point. The point is the list itself. I liked the list because I like to learn what makes a good story and the basic fundamental rules a writer must follow hence the thread. If you disagree with that then argue the points, not the messenger.

You don't need to read any of these rules to realize that Oda's Wano writing has been unfathomably terrible dogshit that he's been shoving down the audience’s throat.

That doesn't bother me at the slightest now, the issue is with those obsessed chimpanzee Redditors drooling over Oda's dick telling you to quit reading since their IQ is not high enough to realize that OP is a commercial product, you sell shit you get shit reviews. That's perfectly normal when you invite criticism upon yourself after trumpeting about Wano being hype just to deliver the garbage we're witnessing now lol.
@Blackbeard the reason for the thread is because I just like to learn the fundamental rules writers follow in order to make a good story. But I do agree with your point about the cult Redditers you mentioned