General & Others Oda just told us the Gorosei will be on the front lines for the EoS war.

So we just learned that there is a hierarchy when it comes to who has control over the Seraphims. It goes The Gorosei, then Vegapunk, then Sentomaru, and then anyone with a command chip.

The interesting thing here, is that we also have found out that commands can not be issued over Den Den Mushis. With Vegapunk pretty much becoming an ally with the Straw Hats, the only way for the Seraphims at this point to be able to be a factor for the World Government in the EoS war, is if the Gorosei are there and are directly giving orders. This all but confirms the Gorosei will play an antagonistic combative role, at some point in story.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
So we just learned that there is a hierarchy when it comes to who has control over the Seraphims. It goes The Gorosei, then Vegapunk, then Sentomaru, and then anyone with a command chip.

The interesting thing here, is that we also have found out that commands can not be issued over Den Den Mushis. With Vegapunk pretty much becoming an ally with the Straw Hats, the only way for the Seraphims at this point to be able to be a factor for the World Government in the EoS war, is if the Gorosei are there and are directly giving orders. This all but confirms the Gorosei will play an antagonistic combative role, at some point in story.
Gorosei vs The 5 Supernovas who spearhead the new era maybe?
Because if the final arc is a re-run of Skypeia as i expect, they can maybe play the role of Imu's priests, like Enel's.
I doubt they'd be a huge challenge/final arc matchups though.

Imo Next Villain is Imu
Gorosei are like his Priests

Ghandi can Fight and will be similar to Yama in Skypiea, other Four can't fight but each will Control one Seraphim as their Bodyguard

However the Next Top Executives are gonna be Lucci, Kong and Former Warden who were all Promoted from Marine HQ, ID and Enies Lobby

Lucci is currently treated as YC3 of WG, who is fought before Main Event, similar to Mr. 3, Satori and Jack ... etc

As for Match-Ups (Just my Guess)

Gorosei imo will be attacked by BBP (Level 6 Prisoners specifically)

Shiryu will defeat Ghandi and bully him
Devon will fight Seraphim Hancock
Other Three will fight other Seraphim

As for Kong and Former Impel Down Warden
They need to be defeated by Top Tiers, so there are multiple candidates including:

Blackbeard, Aokiji, Sabo, Dragon, Shanks, Beckman, Mihawk ... etc depending on which Faction will the Arc focus on

So we just learned that there is a hierarchy when it comes to who has control over the Seraphims. It goes The Gorosei, then Vegapunk, then Sentomaru, and then anyone with a command chip

I've personally always believed the Final War is a 2 parter: Vs. Marines and Vs. The WG itself. Gorosei being a central focus afterwards totally works.

The WG’s having 5 admiral level characters is ridiculous

I think it's appropriate given their standing.

I think the Marines are mainly reserved for the crew (Akainu + Admirals), but the Gorosei + Im can be for the Rooftop 5 and Sanji. It's not that outlandish considering who Luffy will ally with in the endgame, and I don't even think they are the actual end because Ghandi or Fuji likely won't be Zoro's last fights anyway.

Yeah, the Gorosei should be top tiers at the very least. With the huge amount of allies on the Strawhats, having as much top tier antagonists on the opposing side is to be expected. I hope that the Gorosei will take commands of the Seraphims in the Final War cuz having Seraphims on the Strawhats side will just be redundant.