Character Discussion Oda overshadows Eustass Kid's potential?

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Question is a bit premature. Let's see how he (and Law) beat Big Mom. Does he lose? Does Law lose? Do either of then win solo? Do they win together?
I'm curious at the reaction mister Pantheos and other folks will have in the case scenario the duo wins and it looks great too.

Originally I wished Luffy would contribute in her defeat when all considered there was some hype to address to the moment he called her and Fishman Island and what Katakuri had suggested about Luffy returning to take care of her and he himself suggesting he would take her out after having dealt with Kaido. Sadly I quite doubt Luffy will ever return to WCI to take her out.

I don't know about that. Oda is very ambiguous about Katakuri: on one side he seems to be useless after WCI, on the other side Luffy's relationship with Katakuri are going to be important for the sake of the Big Mom pirates.

Katakuri was clearly worrying about Luffy based on his conversation with Brulee. He was holding back against Luffy and didn't really show his full arsenal of abilities–mostly copying Luffy's own techniques, showing how to improve his abilities further. (see above☝️) He essentially trained Luffy and even motivated him during the fight. Luffy and Katakuri have a primes to fulfill: Luffy promised to defeat Meme and Katakuri is waiting for him. So Kid defeating Meme is a big question for me to say the least, I don't see Law and Kid defeating Meme, and Oda's early-on set ups are showing it.

I'm not saying I want this to happen, but Oda is very repetitive in his writing, you kind of see where he can go–if he wants to–with Katakuri: and this foreshadowing with Katakuri becoming the next captain after Meme's death is a reinforcing sign to it.

I don't know who and when, but with every chapter In Wano, I fill like Oda is pushing the idea that Kid isn't ready yet. I can see Kid having some sort of timskip after Wano: recruiting new strong crew members, training his haki, finding out about CoC etc. And replacing Shanks after his death. Seems like a possibility to me!
kata ain’t the next whitebeard, the man is nearly 50

I'm curious at the reaction mister Pantheos and other folks will have in the case scenario the duo wins and it looks great too.

Originally I wished Luffy would contribute in her defeat when all considered there was some hype to address to the moment he called her and Fishman Island and what Katakuri had suggested about Luffy returning to take care of her and he himself suggesting he would take her out after having dealt with Kaido. Sadly I quite doubt Luffy will ever return to WCI to take her out.
I think due to Killer's fight chapter, we are at least geared up for Kid to win. Some hints to Kid not showing off his complete awakening capability to Law might lend credence that he's the one who actually beats BM, but we'll see.

Im very 50/50 on them winning together or just Kid winning. But definitely not Kid losing, primarily because of Killer's comments after beating Hawkins

Pantheos

Heavy Metal

Just ask me tho. :D

I honestly believe Law will be separated by some way to CP0 or something, when Big Mum is kinda weakened (more or less comparable to Kaido). And then Kid will go all out, even further then he knew he can. Maybe even goes unconcious after, but he will take down Linlin.
In my opinion, there are alot of hints. Beginning by obvious thinks like him called "Kid" fighting someone called "Mum", when always the "new generation" overcomes the "old generation", which is absolutely meant literaly here. Followed by Kid being shown in clear rivalery to luffy, while not falling behind (i know some troll around one mention of Kid being surprised Luffy did damage with a pure hit, but come on). Additionally, having CoC, being the only SN (with Luffy) with another SN in his crew, pre TS bigger bounty, a crew which is more a group of friends in comparison to other crews (except strawhats) etc. pp..

This is also why i absolutely believe he will be still important in the future, specialy BECAUSE he has no bigger background story yet. In my opinion, Oda keeps this for a special situation, maybe later against Big Mum, so he can awake his adCoC, or maybe even in a later arc against Shanks. There is a reason why a character, which is shown so much and compared to luffy so much hasnt been revealed completely yet. Like Wano is for Kid, what Punk Hazard was for Law.

Imo, these scenes are why i believe the fight is far more important for Kid and less for Law.

Not to mention his clear parallels with Luffy in Udon.

But again, we'll see how BM loses soon enough. I think Kid is gonna do some surprising shit soon
Kid will do the most for sure but Law is staying in this fight until the end imo they really should be able to take her down together

Kid is just one more loser in the ladder for Pirate King, he isnt even rival material, the only one that can rival Luffy is Teach.
I think he can continue to be a rival until the Final RP, depending if he wins solo here or not. Sure, Blackbeard is bigger than that, but there is nothing suggesting Kid can't be used to close the Supernova/Rival plotline at least

The Yonko system doesn't suit Law Kidd and Luffy. Don't know why the fandom insists on it
Not even guaranteed the Yonko system will be a thing after the events of Reverie & Onigashima... We may assist at the fall of the Yonko system (4 pirates equally splitting the New World like a cake) and the raise of more Great Pirates in a less hierarchical/more varied structure:
- Shanks one of the 2 remaining Emperors, already well estabilished position. Will stay on his own in his own fon now (no buffs bounty-wise).

- Teach estabilished his position recently, is already on the move for something big which means he'll probably be part of the big powder keg that will explode soon. (as a result, he'll come near Shanks bounty)

- Luffy was hyped as a possible Emperor but will really do the big jump now, will becoming one of the really few realistic contenders for the One Piece. (his bounty will double)

- Kidd will be the big reveal, pulling a job similar to what Teach pulled on WB Pirates but facing the Emperor herself rather than the RHM. He'll barely make it between those few who can aim for the One Piece. (his bounty will bump around Teach's current one)

- Law is another big name that will emerge, even tho he's more of an anomaly since he acts as a researcher & historian. He's like a shadow in all this and will still menage to up there as a Great Pirate cause of the danger he poses. (his bounty won't be the the same as Kidd but not even far from it)

If you add Warlords smantellation and Reverie events, everything points at the destruction of the system, especially the Emperors one.
The whole game will become larger and more conflictual.

I honestly believe Law will be separated by some way to CP0 or something, when Big Mum is kinda weakened (more or less comparable to Kaido). And then Kid will go all out, even further then he knew he can. Maybe even goes unconcious after, but he will take down Linlin.
In my opinion, there are alot of hints. Beginning by obvious thinks like him called "Kid" fighting someone called "Mum", when always the "new generation" overcomes the "old generation", which is absolutely meant literaly here. Followed by Kid being shown in clear rivalery to luffy, while not falling behind (i know some troll around one mention of Kid being surprised Luffy did damage with a pure hit, but come on). Additionally, having CoC, being the only SN (with Luffy) with another SN in his crew, pre TS bigger bounty, a crew which is more a group of friends in comparison to other crews (except strawhats) etc. pp..

This is also why i absolutely believe he will be still important in the future, specialy BECAUSE he has no bigger background story yet. In my opinion, Oda keeps this for a special situation, maybe later against Big Mum, so he can awake his adCoC, or maybe even in a later arc against Shanks. There is a reason why a character, which is shown so much and compared to luffy so much hasnt been revealed completely yet. Like Wano is for Kid, what Punk Hazard was for Law.
Imo, these scenes are why i believe the fight is far more important for Kid and less for Law.

Not to mention his clear parallels with Luffy in Udon.

But again, we'll see how BM loses soon enough. I think Kid is gonna do some surprising shit soon
On spot :goyea:

@Paperchampion23 I know about your beliefs on Shanks, which I share to a certain degree, but I'm really curious of how in your opinion Kidd will be shaped to fit in there, since there are a lot of hints of Kidd being deeply connected to Shanks

Last edited:
Not even guaranteed the Yonko system will be a thing after the events of Reverie & Onigashima... We may assist at the fall of the Yonko system (4 pirates equally splitting the New World like a cake) and the raise of more Great Pirates in a less hierarchical/more varied structure:
- Shanks one of the 2 remaining Emperors, already well estabilished position. Will stay on his own in his own fon now (no buffs bounty-wise).

- Teach estabilished his position recently, is already on the move for something big which means he'll probably be part of the big powder keg that will explode soon. (as a result, he'll come near Shanks bounty)

- Luffy was hyped as a possible Emperor but will really do the big jump now, will becoming one of the really few realistic contenders for the One Piece. (his bounty will double)

- Kidd will be the big reveal, pulling a job similar to what Teach pulled on WB Pirates but facing the Emperor herself rather than the RHM. He'll barely make it between those few who can aim for the One Piece. (his bounty will bump around Teach's current one)

- Law is another big name that will emerge, even tho he's more of an anomaly since he acts as a researcher & historian. He's like a shadow in all this and will still menage to up there as a Great Pirate cause of the danger he can poses)

If you add Warlords smantellation and Reverie events, everything points at the destruction of the system, especially the Emperors one.
The whole game will become larger and more conflictual.

On spot :goyea:

@Paperchampion23 I know about your beliefs on Shanks, which I share to a certain degree, but I'm really curious of how in your opinion Kidd will be shaped to fit in there, since there are a lot of hints of Kidd being deeply connected to Shanks

Tbh, i haven't put "too" much thought into Kid beyond Wano yet, but I can see the potential especially if it's tied to Shanks. If they are tied together in someway beyond their fight, it makes sense that Oda is hiding Kid's backstory. I think there definitely is going to be some relationship, but I really need to find out why Kid lost an arm from them first.

what i want from Kidd:
*Go crazy with his awakening soon.
*Do most of the damage to big mom.
*Land the finishing blow to big mom.
*Get more ships,weapons and crew mates and turn into a solid Yonko.
*Challenge Luffy after Laught tale(i assume BB will be dealt with there) in a similar fashion to Roger vs Shiki.We never got the straw hats facing big shots in a sea battle.Imagine Luffy vs Kidd in the deck of a big ship.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper

I hope your dreams become reality just like mines for what it concerns Zoro and Kizaru, which stand out as my favourites at the moment.:cheers:

Next Great Pirates are Luffy, Kidd and katakuri after Shanks, Kaido and Linlin fall

Katakuri will replace his mom
Kidd will take the remaining spot after Shanks is gone.
Teach took WB's spot already
Luffy will take Kaido's spot

Expecting Katakuri to be crushed is stupid
He has CoC and advanecd haki, he was meant to survive NW as captain
Same with Ace if he was alive
These guys aren't Marco or King with no kingly ambitions.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Next Great Pirates are Luffy, Kidd and katakuri after Shanks, Kaido and Linlin fall

Katakuri will replace his mom
Kidd will take the remaining spot after Shanks is gone.
Teach took WB's spot already
Luffy will take Kaido's spot

Expecting Katakuri to be crushed is stupid
He has CoC and advanecd haki, he was meant to survive NW as captain
Same with Ace if he was alive
These guys aren't Marco or King with no kingly ambitions.
Aren't you forgetting someone? A green haired man?