General & Others Oda should have sacrificed one arc to the Revs

There is an acute “show don’t tell” problem with the way the Revs are written in that we are constantly TOLD they are out there liberating nations and we are never SHOWN them actually doing it. (No, one panel cutaways to offscreen wars doesn’t count)

And to make it worse, the one big Revolutionary army conflict we are actually expected to see play out onscreen is the one they will fail at. Because we will follow the revs in the Final war against Imu but they are obviously destined to lose that conflict since it’s Luffy that has to win that one.

also no, this isn’t about “saving Dragon” for the endgame because Oda could’ve just had one of the Rev commanders be like a main character in one of the many arcs in the story with very little involvement from Dragon if any at all.

The closest Oda came to having a dedicated Rev arc was Reverie but then we later told the Revs only survived that because the Admirals started fighting each other mid way instead of beating them.

There should have been one arc where Luffy and co arrive to do their business but a squad of the Revs is there doing equal or even more work than the strawhats throughout the arc (Also we know Oda has been fine with sidelining the strawhats so you can’t complain about that either). And Luffy can have the big fight as the Rev commander is having an equal or more important fight with the second primary antagonist of whatever arc. (Again, we have seen this before with Punk hazard and Law fighting Vergo while Luffy fought a Caeser who is weaker)

Oda is relying too much on telling us that the revs matter than showing it. Even in the final war when the entire world fights the CDs, it will be Luffy’s pirate alliance and the countries LUFFY has saved that join together to fight Imu, we will not even hear from all the supposed “dozens of countries liberated by The Revs”… The revs will arrive for the final war with no sign that they have liberated like maybe 3-4 times the countries Luffy has liberated and then they’ll just lose… While Alabasta, Skypiea, Water seven, fishman island, Drum kingdom, Elbaf, Dressrosa, possibly WCI, and Wano will all rock up for Luffy… Imagine if one of these countries was from an arc where the Revs were the heroes, then there would be like a visible impact to the Revs at the end even if they eventually lose

Last edited:
I agree.

1 Saga about SHP as Emperor.

First arc about Revo.
Second arc about battling other Emperor (SHP vs Shanks for Chapter 1 promise can be put here).

The 1 Final Saga.
First arc about Laugh Tale.
Second arc about World War.

This way, mysteries & lore exposition can be spread wide and feel natural.

The way Oda now, rushing the story, will make all mysteries & lore be told into 1 big info dump.

It's fine if the mysteries & lore are only several. But One Piece has dozens of stuff need to be answered.
Doing it all at once, or at short amount of time, is never a good writing.

There is an acute “show don’t tell” problem with the way the Revs are written in that we are constantly TOLD they are out there liberating nations and we are never SHOWN them actually doing it. (No, one panel cutaways to offscreen wars doesn’t count)

And to make it worse, the one big Revolutionary army conflict we are actually expected to see play out onscreen is the one they will fail at. Because we will follow the revs in the Final war against Imu but they are obviously destined to lose that conflict since it’s Luffy that has to win that one.

also no, this isn’t about “saving Dragon” for the endgame because Oda could’ve just had one of the Rev commanders be like a main character in one of the many arcs in the story with very little involvement from Dragon if any at all.

The closest Oda came to having a dedicated Rev arc was Reverie but then we later told the Revs only survived that because the Admirals started fighting each other mid way instead of beating them.

There should have been one arc where Luffy and co arrive to do their business but a squad of the Revs is there doing equal or even more work than the strawhats throughout the arc (Also we know Oda has been fine with sidelining the strawhats so you can’t complain about that either). And Luffy can have the big fight as the Rev commander is having an equal or more important fight with the second primary antagonist of whatever arc. (Again, we have seen this before with Punk hazard and Law fighting Vergo while Luffy fought a Caeser who is weaker)

Oda is relying too much on telling us that the revs matter than showing it. Even in the final war when the entire world fights the CDs, it will be Luffy’s pirate alliance and the countries LUFFY has saved that join together to fight Imu, we will not even hear from all the supposed “dozens of countries liberated by The Revs”… The revs will arrive for the final war with no sign that they have liberated like maybe 3-4 times the countries Luffy has liberated and then they’ll just lose… While Alabasta, Skypiea, Water seven, fishman island, Drum kingdom, Elbaf, Dressrosa, possibly WCI, and Wano will all rock up for Luffy… Imagine if one of these countries was from an arc where the Revs were the heroes, then there would be like a visible impact to the Revs at the end even if they eventually lose
Big No No

Yeah but if the next arc is a revolutionaries-only arc I think most of us wouldn't like it
I didn’t say “revolutionaries only”… I said the same way the strawhats barely matter in like Wano and Wano was mostly about the scabbards, Oda should have had an arc like that for the revs… An arc where the strawhats are there but the revs are doing most of the work, and unlike the scabbards, the Revs HAVE TO BE impressive to justify their existence

also I said Oda should have done this BEFORE already,.. As in it’s too late now that we are in the final saga… one of the Yonko saga or Dressrosa saga arcs or one of the pre time skip arcs should have been the ones dedicated to the Revs doing something but that time has passed now and Oda has fucked himself on this
Post automatically merged:

It's an luffy/SH show
@MonsterKaido So what? The strawhats aren’t the main characters of Wano, the longest arc in the series, so clearly Oda is very fine with sidelining them for EXTENDED PERIODS of time

Oda could’ve just as easily done this with the revs taking over in an arc where the strawhats are doing nothing in the background like how they did nothing in Wano
Post automatically merged:

They’ll get Elbaf. Egghead setting up a meeting with the revs
@Sir Yasheen it’s too late, this post is about how Oda should’ve done this already

the revs goal is fighting the WG… Elbaf isn’t a world government country so the revs won’t do shit there

Last edited:
Who's to say that won't happen in future anyway? They're still only being built up with all the new content since the start of the Wano arc - I also half expect they'll have an arc when/if Luffy and Dragon meet eachother

I expect there will be an arc for the further reasoning of the fact Sabo/Vivi/Wapol/Morgans are being set up for something big, and that something big will likely involve the revolutionaries. I don't mean 'found and off-panel destroyed Baltigo' big, I mean, 'plot warping, exposing the lies of the world government and therefore requiring panel time as it shakes the entire one piece world' big.

Last edited:
Who's to say that won't happen in future anyway? They're still only being built up with all the new content since the start of the Wano arc - I also half expect they'll have an arc when/if Luffy and Dragon meet eachother

I expect there will be an arc for the further reasoning of the fact Sabo/Vivi/Wapol/Morgans are being set up for something big, and that something big will likely involve the revolutionaries. I don't mean 'found and off-panel destroyed Baltigo' big, I mean, 'plot warping, exposing the lies of the world government and therefore requiring panel time as it shakes the entire one piece world' big.
I mean the revs are obviously going to get an arc focus in the future… The problem is that that will the arc they lose… they will get focus in the final war where they will lose and it will be Luffy that actually wins and liberates the world

I’m saying we should’ve had an arc prior where they won

Literally debunked by the introduction of four officers. Revs already had reverie.

I really doubt they're going to fail their revolution, just struggle with it a lot because of how powerful the HKs and Gorosei are
They aren’t gonna win it. Luffy is going to win it.

this is the pattern for EVERY SINGLE RESISTANCE ARMY in the series… Koza’s resistance in Alabasta, The Shandorans in Skypiea, the tontata in Dressrosa, the samurai in Wano… There is always a resistance that has been around getting ready by the time the strawhats show up, the Resistance tries and then fails… Then The strawhats actually win

Dragon will not beat Imu. Dragon will be Lucky to beat even one Gorosei… And at best maybe Sabo fights Akainu… And that’s it… Those will be the only wins and everyone else will be defeated by Luffy and Luffy’s alliance

They aren’t gonna win it. Luffy is going to win it.

this is the pattern for EVERY SINGLE RESISTANCE ARMY in the series… Koza’s resistance in Alabasta, The Shandorans in Skypiea, the tontata in Dressrosa, the samurai in Wano… There is always a resistance that has been around getting ready by the time the strawhats show up, the Resistance tries and then fails… Then The strawhats actually win

Dragon will not beat Imu. Dragon will be Lucky to beat even one Gorosei… And at best maybe Sabo fights Akainu… And that’s it… Those will be the only wins and everyone else will be defeated by Luffy and Luffy’s alliance
Lmao. Sure buddy.
They're going to take down the Gorosei, Luffy will defeat Imu but the Revs are taking down the Gorosei and HK

Imho, the Revolutionaries are just like Vivi or Momo/Scabbards or Law: Allies that serve a purpose on the larger plot. Except they serve the larger plot of the endgame. We got sprinkles of this group for 20 years because it evidently wasnt the time Oda wanted to use them, but rather the endgame plot in its entirety.

Egghead is already chock full of RA DNA. Yes, there is a lot of telling and not showing but that is because Oda is still trying to hide Dragon in his entirety.

Considering we just learned he was a Marine, I wouldnt be shocked if Elbaf really was a Marine-Centric arc where the Revolutionary Army (at least some of them) gets involved in a larger battle against Akainu and his Marines. Theres a good chance that Dragon and Sakazuki are acquainted, so it would make sense for Dragon to be involved there, just as Kizaru is involved in an arc where he has a past with Vegapunk and Kuma.

Even better is the fact that VP (and maybe Kuma) end up escaping with the crew to Elbaf. In this way, you can see how all of these character relationships collide:

- Dragon having ties to Kuma, VP and Akainu
- Akainu potentially mobilizing against the RA and Luffy's crew due to what happens at Egghead (i.e. Kizaru losing and maybe even Saturn)
- Dragging Elbaf into the mix because VP would be essentially the worlds most desired asset.

And moreso, its not the giants need to be tied to the WG or anything like that, just that they get get involved by circumstance of not being an affiliated country (i would assume)

It could even be bigger than this. Maybe it involces the burned man and the other Yonko, but for now I dont think its fair to say the RAs wont get their own arc, it may be what comes next after all.