General & Others Oda won't ever draw a fight as good as Katakuri vs Luffy ever again

Katakuri failing to put down Luffy with 68734157441 Attack isn't something i'd call a Good Fight.
A Fight where both Opponents are at each other's throat is way Superior such as Zoro vs Zombie Ryuma,
And a Fight where a Weaker Opponent is able to find best usage of limited options They have to keep up with Superior Opponent is also a Great Fight such as Usopp vs Luffy,

Liking the Characters who are Fighting isn't enough reason to call it a Great Fight

It has some great moments but for the majority of it to just have Luffy as a punching-ball who somehow stays alive and win due to how strong his plot armor and Katakuri's plot induced stupidity and forgot about his powers tropes were was just terrible. Storywise it wasn't good at all.

But One Piece has never been the best manga in terms of fights, both choregraphy and storywise, and after what happened after I don't have high expectations about the next ones to come close to this one.

Probably right, that fight starts Oda decline.
The amount of plot nerfs place of kata during the fight criminal. Buf at least it’s shown, nowadays we’re getting starts/offpanelling/finishes.
We are about to have the worst fights in history in this final saga
Look at kizaru vs Luffy, Zoro vs Lucci
Not counting also other side fights which are offscreened left and right

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
There are people who unironically think Luffy vs Katakuri is a good fight... :leohah:
I said from the start, it was the beginning of the end for Luffy's fights.
And every new one is shittier and shittier.
It is all up to Zoro to carry the fights. :finally:

Base Luffy vs hybrid kaido was the last good choreographed fight. After turning into Godfy, now it is only a comedy fight just to prolong the tension as we know 1 serious punch from Godfy will likely end this world.